Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 01:28 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,364,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, just keep on making excuses for Biden's impotence. Isn't working. Those who aren't brainwashed can see the train wreck under your boy that is probably just starting.
You actually think the sniveling cur Trump struck fear in his wet dream subject's heart? That's funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 01:31 PM

13,649 posts, read 4,376,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Because Putin was waiting for Trump to destroy/dismantle NATO. That is Putin's real fear, NATO.

Trump was playing the useful idiot role for Putin regarding NATO.
Let's take on the lie and myth. How Trump "destroyed" NATO? He forced them to raise their spending on defense and raise their game. Trump told them in public and private to NOT sign the Russian pipeline deal and be dependent on Russia for energy. They ignored him and signed with Putin anyway that upset Trump. Biden was for the deal for natural gas.

Tell me how Trump dismantled NATO, when NATO raised their defense spending because of Trump?

Trump also gave Ukraine lethal weapons for defense when Obama and Biden refused for 8 years.
The lies gets easily exposed. Putin expanded under Obama in 2014 and now under Biden in 2022 but you say it's Trump's fault?

Old 03-02-2022, 01:41 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,999,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Let's take on the lie and myth. How Trump "destroyed" NATO? He forced them to raise their spending on defense and raise their game. Trump told them in public and private to NOT sign the Russian pipeline deal and be dependent on Russia for energy. They ignored him and signed with Putin anyway that upset Trump. Biden was for the deal for natural gas.

Tell me how Trump dismantled NATO, when NATO raised their defense spending because of Trump?

Trump also gave Ukraine lethal weapons for defense when Obama and Biden refused for 8 years.
The lies gets easily exposed. Putin expanded under Obama in 2014 and now under Biden in 2022 but you say it's Trump's fault?
I did not say Trump actually destroyed NATO. I said he tried.

Trump's way of "encouraging" someone to do what he wants is to throw insults at them. Trump wanted to disband NATO. If you don't remember that part, look it up.

Putin didn't get his money's worth on that deal. Trump was too dumb to pull it off so now Putin is trying to keep NATO off his doorstep by sending young untrained troops in a convoy.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:50 PM

30,297 posts, read 11,944,072 times
Quote:
Trump hired him because the GOP establishment forced him for the Russian hoax and then when John got crazy on bombing Kingdom Come and would't shut up , Trump fired him. Trump wanted to leave Afghanistan, Syria and bring 12,000 Americans from Germany and replaced them with Germans (Why not, it's Germany) and Bolton was dead against it and very vocal and forgot his place in the administration and got fired.
I beg to differ. Trump hired Bolton like he hired Kudlow. He liked him on TV. When did Trump do something because the GOP establishment told him to? That is the worst excuse. By the time Trump hired him he was a washed up TV analyst who was out of government for a decade.

Quote:
You have to understand that Trump wasn't fighting just the Democrats, he was fighting the old GOP War establishment and Trump picked him to keep the GOP neo cons calm and on his side and when he couldn't shut up John that thinks he was elected by the people and his word is gold, Trump fired him and that GOP small branch turned on Trump. Romney, Cheneys, Bushes, and the rest.

Trump is not a neo con. He is a traditionalist old school Republican. That is the fight in the GOP that Trump is wining.
Trump was fighting everyone. That was why it was so hard to win legislation. You have to pick your battles. I know Trump is not a neocon and I agree with his foreign policy but Bolton. Trump thought he could mold Bolton to his way of thinking. And he liked him on Fox News. And he had no problem replacing people over and over for positions. But he ended up with all these people who regretted ever working in the White House. Mostly because it ended badly. So that is why there are so many books and interviews negative to Trump.

Look the difference between me and you is simple. I am willing to call out all of Trumps good and bad points. You and many Trump voters feel that doing so empowers the left. So you keep it to a bare minimum. That is fine.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I did not say Trump actually destroyed NATO. I said he tried.

Trump's way of "encouraging" someone to do what he wants is to throw insults at them. Trump wanted to disband NATO. If you don't remember that part, look it up.

Putin didn't get his money's worth on that deal. Trump was too dumb to pull it off so now Putin is trying to keep NATO off his doorstep by sending young untrained troops in a convoy.
How did he "tried" to destroy a 30 country alliance? by pushing that they have to raise their defense spending and NOT sign the Russia pipeline deal by making them dependent on Russia's energy?

You make no sense. If Trump didn't destroy NATO like you finally admit , then why Putin expanded under Obama in 2004 and now Biden in 2022.

Please show me the link that Trump wanted to disband NATO? Find his exact quote not a bias opinion of a blogger. I can find his quotes that he demanded NATO to raise their defense spending and NOT sign the Russia pipeline deal. Are you also ignoring Trump gave lethal weapons to Ukraine when Obama and Biden refused for 8 years? Was that dumb on the part of Biden or he knew what he was doing and not disrupt the pipeline deal?

Putin is doing what the U.S. and China would do if an adversary puts nukes on their borders.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:03 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,410,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'll defer to a man who got paid to consider such matters instead of some guy on the internet.

Now me, being some guy on the internet, might say that Putin did not invade Ukraine while Trump was in office because he did not want to make Trump look bad. He wanted/needed Trump to win another term which may have been less likely if Russia had invaded pre-election
agreed!

Old 03-02-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I beg to differ. Trump hired Bolton like he hired Kudlow. He liked him on TV. When did Trump do something because the GOP establishment told him to? That is the worst excuse. By the time Trump hired him he was a washed up TV analyst who was out of government for a decade.

so now you are inside Trump's head and his inner circle and know why each person in the cabinet was hired. Ok. So you wanted Trump to have ONLY doves has his foreign policy advisors?

Quote:
Trump was fighting everyone. That was why it was so hard to win legislation. You have to pick your battles. I know Trump is not a neocon and I agree with his foreign policy but Bolton. Trump thought he could mold Bolton to his way of thinking. And he liked him on Fox News. And he had no problem replacing people over and over for positions. But he ended up with all these people who regretted ever working in the White House. Mostly because it ended badly. So that is why there are so many books and interviews negative to Trump.
He passed the biggest tax cut in history and put 3 S.C. judges on the right making it a 6-3 advantage for the right. Even if Roberts who is flaky sometimes, the right has a 5-4 advantage. I say that's very good for the party.

Is not the first or last that Presidents fire advisors. Obama fired a lot of them. Bolton was a bad choice but he fired him and moved on. What else there is to say about Johh? maybe when Liz Cheney or Mitt Romney wins, he could be there secretary of state. They all agree on foreign policy.

By the way, Right Wing Radio shows who supports Trump big time were pushing Bolton. The Russian hoax was pushing Trump to have the appearance of being a war hawk and not soft.

Quote:
Look the difference between me and you is simple. I am willing to call out all of Trumps good and bad points. You and many Trump voters feel that doing so empowers the left. So you keep it to a bare minimum. That is fine.

Of course Presidents makes mistakes but hiring Bolton was a bad choice and firing him was a good one. He only lasted 1 1/2 years as an advisor. Is not like Trump picked his foreign policy. Again, Trump picked him because the right in the party liked him and the Russian hoax pushed Trump to the hawkish side for a little while.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:15 PM

8,503 posts, read 4,597,200 times
Bolton had it it exactly right that Trump was an idiot and extremely weak on Russia. Any intelligent person can come to no other conclusion.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,311,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Bolton had it it exactly right that Trump was an idiot and extremely weak on Russia. Any intelligent person can come to no other conclusion.
Lol. Bolton’s a clown. Because Trump kept the peace, and now with Sleepy Joe in charge folks are getting slaughtered. This is the second time Putin attacked while Sleepy Joe is in charge and has done so due to knowing how weak he is. It’s priceless how there’s a war going on under Biden and folks are still crying about because Trump. TDS has no bounds.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:23 PM

29,230 posts, read 22,478,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. No war under because Trump proves you wrong.

Love the assumptions to you thinking you know what Putin thinks, especially when this isn’t the first time he’s attacked with Sleepy Joe in charge…and as far as attacking on our dollar, Putin is making huge money off of Sleepy Joes oil deal with him.
LOL...
You just fell for Trump's line.

Putin didn't think his military was ready yet. The Crimean seizure was still so problematic Putin was taking his time getting things well sorted.

Trump danced to his tune so well Putin was given all the time and cover he needed. That's exactly why Putin wanted Trump to be re-elected so much in 2020.

It's actually very easy to assume what Putin intends; the guy hasn't changed a bit in over 20 years, and from the very first, he built his political career on becoming the tough guy who was going to reclaim the old Russian empire.Still

All one had to do was read his words a few times. They never changed. They still haven't.

Putin was right about his army, too. They are still not ready to fight, and Putin knew it.

But the man would not be denied. When threats failed, and when huge war games on the border failed to scar the Ukrainians, Putin invaded.

I'm sure he missed Trump's cover, but he wouldn't be denied. He probably fell the Sleepy Joe thing too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies