Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 02:23 PM

13,649 posts, read 4,376,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
agreed!
Yeah, Putin expanded under Obama/Biden in 2004 that kept NATO weak and refused to give Ukraine lethal weapons for 8 years and was happy that the West (Obama and Biden pushing for it) signed the Russia oil deal but he didn't want the same people back in power? Putin wanted the other guy that did the opposite, OK. LOL

Democrats crack me up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 02:27 PM

13,649 posts, read 4,376,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
LOL...
You just fell for Trump's line.

Putin didn't think his military was ready yet. The Crimean seizure was still so problematic Putin was taking his time getting things well sorted.

Trump danced to his tune so well Putin was given all the time and cover he needed. That's exactly why Putin wanted Trump to be re-elected so much in 2020.

It's actually very easy to assume what Putin intends; the guy hasn't changed a bit in over 20 years, and from the very first, he built his political career on becoming the tough guy who was going to reclaim the old Russian empire.Still

All one had to do was read his words a few times. They never changed. They still haven't.

Putin was right about his army, too. They are still not ready to fight, and Putin knew it.

But the man would not be denied. When threats failed, and when huge war games on the border failed to scar the Ukrainians, Putin invaded.

I'm sure he missed Trump's cover, but he wouldn't be denied. He probably fell the Sleepy Joe thing too.

So now you are an expert in Russian's military?

Yeah, Putin was ready when China who has Biden's in their pocket signed the energy bill with Putin and got his back. Biden is silent on China, I wonder why? China made him very rich and also many politicians and corporations in the U.S.

Why Biden refuses to put sanctions on Russia's oil? Putin knows this and laughs.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:28 PM

6,753 posts, read 4,448,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Bolton had it it exactly right that Trump was an idiot and extremely weak on Russia. Any intelligent person can come to no other conclusion.

Trump plays nice with Putin for money reasons. He's made several hundred million selling his properties to Russians. Here is just one, and he didnt want the public to know the buyer was a Russian. The reason he never confronted Putin on anything.

''Trump confirmed the pending sale but told this reporter he didn’t want it known that the buyer was Russian. “Don’t say Russian,” Trump said. ''

Old 03-02-2022, 02:28 PM

3,302 posts, read 2,386,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's very simplistic to think that because it didn't happen while Trump was if office, that it means Putin was scared of Trump. Tell me what Putin thought Trump would do that Biden wouldn't. You tell me why Putin didn't invade under Trump.
Non one invaded anyone while Trump was in office. They knew he would blow them out of the water. Now they know they quill get a slap on the wrist by rollover Joe and get some sanctions. Oooh. They’re so scared by those.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,311,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
LOL...
You just fell for Trump's line.

Putin didn't think his military was ready yet. The Crimean seizure was still so problematic Putin was taking his time getting things well sorted.

Trump danced to his tune so well Putin was given all the time and cover he needed. That's exactly why Putin wanted Trump to be re-elected so much in 2020.

It's actually very easy to assume what Putin intends; the guy hasn't changed a bit in over 20 years, and from the very first, he built his political career on becoming the tough guy who was going to reclaim the old Russian empire.Still

All one had to do was read his words a few times. They never changed. They still haven't.

Putin was right about his army, too. They are still not ready to fight, and Putin knew it.

But the man would not be denied. When threats failed, and when huge war games on the border failed to scar the Ukrainians, Putin invaded.

I'm sure he missed Trump's cover, but he wouldn't be denied. He probably fell the Sleepy Joe thing too.
Lol. You’re trying to defend Sleepy Joe while a war is going on with him in charge.

Proof to Putin not being ready versus you thinking he wasn’t ready?

Nah, Trump was able to keep the peace which is wayyyy better than folks being slaughtered, but it’s hilarious how you assume Trump didn’t have anything to do with keeping war from happening.

Wouldn’t have happened under because Trump and the fact is it’s happening under Sleepy Joe because he knows how weak he is. Funny how you discount the fact that it’s the second time attacking with Sleepy Joe in charge, lol.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:42 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,972,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Bolton is wrong, plus he has an agenda because he’s a disgruntled fired employee.

If Trump had fired me, and then you pay me enough, I’ll tell you whatever you want to hear.

The bottom line is that Putin only feels emboldened when Obama (Georgia and Crimea) and Biden (Ukraine) are in charge.
I swear these people will seize on any pretext any piece of skewered logic to play the blame game. No evidence of any real analytical thinking.
Sure maybe it was also Bill Clinton's fault. Or Hilary's. Or maybe even Jimmy Carter. Yeah Jimmy Carter.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:47 PM

2,445 posts, read 1,076,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
In the Bolton interview.
Trump “did NOT” take a tough stance on Russia, responded Bolton said.

John Bolton was one President Donald Trump’s National Security Advisor the 3rd one for 17 months. One of many of Trumps fired appointees.

Said Donald Trump's grasp on the geography of Russia wasn’t exactly first class, according to his former national security adviser John Bolton.

Said Trump “barely knew where Ukraine was” and once asked if Finland was part of Russia, Bolton told Newsmax host Rob Schmitt on Tuesday Feb 28.

The Trump White House did sanction Russia, he continued, but “in almost every case” the restrictions were imposed “with Trump complaining about it, saying we were being too hard.”

“It is just not accurate to say that Trump’s behavior somehow deterred the Russians,” Bolton said. “I think the evidence is that Russia didn’t feel that their military was ready.”

Bolton, who has become a vocal critic of Trump, denying that his former boss was tough on Russia, claiming that Trump complained about any sanctions on Russian oligarchs in the United States.

* Then Bolton, who said Trump “did not” do a better job with Russia than President Biden also.

Said that Trump wouldn't have stood in Putin's way if a Russian invasion of Ukraine had happened during his term.

Just another NOT IN A BOOK ESPOSE' on the TRUMP WHITE HOUSE and how President Trump was and acted with his limited knowledge on the international stage despite so much was on his policy superior to virtually everyone other President by his Base and even God sent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...raine-newsmax/

https://www.alternet.org/2022/03/bol...ladimir-putin/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-...b0783a8f088c13
Bolton is a pathetic old man looking for some type of glory, he has TDS, I believe nothing he says

Old 03-02-2022, 02:51 PM

30,297 posts, read 11,944,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
so now you are inside Trump's head and his inner circle and know why each person in the cabinet was hired. Ok. So you wanted Trump to have ONLY doves has his foreign policy advisors?
No one is more extreme than Bolton. Maybe VP Cheney. Or William Kristol. And Bolton concocted the whole WMD reason to go to war. A big reason Trump fired McMaster and decided on someone like Bolton was the Iran deal. McMaster was against scrapping it and Bolton was very more for it. And how did Trump know this. Watching him on Fox News.

Quote:
He passed the biggest tax cut in history and put 3 S.C. judges on the right making it a 6-3 advantage for the right. Even if Roberts who is flaky sometimes, the right has a 5-4 advantage. I say that's very good for the party.
The tax cuts were great. However. They needed to be permanent for the middle class. That never happened. They will expire in 2025. Yes he brought in 3 SC judges. That was timing. Other retired. Ginsburg should have retired during Obama's term but they were overconfident in victory. And really it could have been one because the GOP was able to hold out the voting on Garland until after the 2016 election. Besides that whoever was president would have made those picks. And there has already been chatter that the new judges did not support Trump in the election fraud cases. Lots of chatter on here angry at them.
Quote:
Is not the first or last that Presidents fire advisors. Obama fired a lot of them. Bolton was a bad choice but he fired him and moved on. What else there is to say about Johh? maybe when Liz Cheney or Mitt Romney wins, he could be there secretary of state. They all agree on foreign policy.
In 4 years Trump had 14 cabinet secretaries changeover. Clinton, Bush and Obama in their first 4 years combined had 9. He had a different style. Not saying its right or wrong but it is what it is.

Quote:
By the way, Right Wing Radio shows who supports Trump big time were pushing Bolton. The Russian hoax was pushing Trump to have the appearance of being a war hawk and not soft.
I guess if Rush and the others are where you turn for who to bring into your cabinet there it is. And what is this about the Russian hoax? Trump's people were meddling with the Russians before the election. That is not a hoax. I know there were people out to get him,etc. But lots of people broke the law connected to Trump and Russia. Then Trump acts soft with Putin. Trump could have corrected all that by slamming Putin harder than anyone. All the nice talk and here were are today with Putin invading Ukraine. With Trump he had someone hostile with NATO, pushed for Russia to get back in the G7 and was always fighting with the EU leaders. Putin invades Ukraine then and all that goes out the window.

Quote:
Of course Presidents makes mistakes but hiring Bolton was a bad choice and firing him was a good one. He only lasted 1 1/2 years as an advisor. Is not like Trump picked his foreign policy. Again, Trump picked him because the right in the party liked him and the Russian hoax pushed Trump to the hawkish side for a little while.
I had a marriage that went really south. Not to get into details but I married a bipolar nutcase. So I guess instead of blaming myself for marrying her I will congratulate myself for doing such a smart thing and divorcing her. I am patting myself on the back as we speak. That does feel better. Reality is correcting a wrong is just that. Nothing to praise.

Again Bolton supported Trump's position on scrapping the Iran nuclear deal. McMaster was against it. When Trump realized he was not changing McMasters mind he let him go. That is what lead to him getting fired and Bolton getting hired. Trump could have picked any number of people also agreed on this but Trump saw Bolton on Fox News over and over agreeing with Trump with this so he got the job.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-02-2022 at 03:02 PM..

Old 03-02-2022, 02:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,311,702 times
Quote:
So now you are an expert in Russian's military?

Yeah, Putin was ready when China who has Biden's in their pocket signed the energy bill with Putin and got his back. Biden is silent on China, I wonder why? China made him very rich and also many politicians and corporations in the U.S.

Why Biden refuses to put sanctions on Russia's oil? Putin knows this and laughs.
Bingo…it’s hilarious how they assume they know how Putin thinks

Old 03-02-2022, 03:13 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,370,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Of course he attacked when his ally was not president. He also did not attack when Yanukovych was president of Ukraine for the same reason - you don’t need to attack when you are getting everything you want.

Trump gave Putin everything he wanted, so there was no reason to attack. Obama and Biden are not beholden to Putin and so that is why he attacked when they were and are president.

Shall I copy the list again with all the examples of how Trump is compromised by Moscow? Maybe I will:

Trump’s a traitor
1. You know, there's pretty much no evidence that Trump has ties to Russia, except for the...
3. *
4. **PART 1**
6. *
7. [Flynn Thing](http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...htmlstory.html)

Wow. Well done! I knew about most of that. But seeing it all laid out together on one page, just wow.

America has the mother of all elephants in the room, and Trumpers want us to pretend it's not there and go on with our day as though nothing is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies