Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 06:50 PM

21,564 posts, read 10,688,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I have a different take on your exuberance for the Texas Republican Party Gubernatorial voting.

Fully 1/3 of Texas Republicans came to the polls to state they are unhappy with Abbott (the incumbent). Abbot got in the mid 60's (66.4%) percentile of votes. The Dems candidate got over 90% of Dem voters.

So the take off of this is the Dems are more energized. Abbott is really only interested in POTUS. Here is what I posted on the Texas C-D page:

" All Governor Grabbit . . . errrr . . . Abbott did was follow DeSantis lead on everything because he was polling so poorly as a potential POTUS president among members of his party. DeSantis was 2nd (to Trump) in the same poll while Abbott was < 0.1% . The man is not a leader with his own ideas. "

Thus Abbott swerves Right to grab the Conservatives. But make no mistake that he presided over lockdowns for months, hurting Texas' businesses and Texans. He stood by while Texas and Dallas hairdresser reopened her business due to being out of money for food and was subsequently jailed in Dallas County. He is a creep politician and not a real man of substance nor vision!

Abbott inspires me, as a Texas loving conservative about as much as a dead skunk in the middle of the road stinking to high, high, heaven ! At best he is a RINO and if Texas was more Left he'd probably be a Dem. But he's tied his hopes on the Repubs so he goes about his act on our side of the isle. He's a Mitt Romney, John McCain type !

Abbott has a huge warchest of cash. He'll defeat the criminal Beto O'Rourke easily despite millions in outside the state monies coming into the Dem race, and is definitely better for Texas than Beto. I'll hold my nose and vote against Beto but not for Abbott. This is straight out of the Karl Rove playbook.
I’d walk across hot coals to goats against any democrat running. It doesn’t matter that Republicans are deciding which Republican to vote for in the primaries. That’s what they are for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 07:22 PM

1,163 posts, read 636,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
And this is all despite reports of Republicans being shut out of certain voting precincts.

Dems internal polling shows they are in big trouble, and they know it.

When you have FAKE NEWS polls like ABC showing a Republican advantage of 13 points, you're talking record armageddon territory at that point.

Potentially 70 seats in the House alone.

And with Brandon's stagflation economy, I just don't see it getting better for them over the next several months.
Please quit pretending that the election will be anything even close to fair and honest. The Dems will never win a fair and honest election. That’s why they cheated in 2016 and in 2020 as well. As long as the Republicans continue to believe they can win with legitimate votes, the longer the Dems will continue to dominate elections and control our collective destinies. Cheat like a Democrat.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:27 AM

3,987 posts, read 6,609,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
You have evidence they aren't?
You have evidence they are?

Old 03-04-2022, 07:32 AM

24,811 posts, read 17,560,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Oh you mean all those magical new Republican voters are legit?

Wow, could you imagine if they were not legit? Could you imagine the mad scramble that would ensue if it was shown that the extra 500,000 "Republican" votes were actually cast by Illegal Aliens!

We would see the Democrats tearing down windmills and using the blades to build a wall on the Border.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:47 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 23 days ago)

36,133 posts, read 18,413,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Does Texas have open primaries?
Could explain the jump.
Yes.

I didn't vote in the primary, because I want to be able to vote in the Republican run off.

However you vote in the primary, you can't jump party to vote in the runoff that results from that primary.

So. Here we go.

Let's see if we, collectively, can send Ken Paxton to the curb. Unlikely, though, sadly.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:46 AM

1,952 posts, read 843,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Oh you mean all those magical new Republican voters are legit?

So NOW you want to question the results? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies