Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2022, 12:37 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
We are all allowed to be triggered by whatever.
But an elected official just shouldn’t be admonishing high school kids in public if you are triggered.
There is a higher standard, and a standard when addressing school age teenagers.
Desantis just doesn’t believe he needs to be held to that standard. Clearly others agree.
Exactly. He's the older adult in the room. He should have just not said anything and gotten on with his business.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:37 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
If DeSantis was tell them to mask up or get vaccinated the Maskholes here would applaud!
That is not true at all in Florida.
I can vouch for that as I have seen the protests.
That would not fly at all.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
translation

leftists: OMG! it's so rude for a Gov to tell people not to wear masks

also, leftists: it's cool for Gov to make vax/mask mandates otherwise people can't work, go to school, or buy a sandwich from Ralph's
I'm not a leftist. Stop making ridiculous assumptions that everyone who votes like you agrees with you on all points or that everyone who disagrees with you must have voted differently than you.

Your translation is meaningless.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:39 PM

2,284 posts, read 637,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
DeSantis would be best served by learning to periodically shut his pie hole. He has done some good things in FL, but like all narcissists he has a problem learning when to shut it.
I don’t think he’s after your vote.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:40 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Not an assumption if you live in Florida and watch him get upset at nearly every press conference over something. The dude gets triggered easily, I don't know why and don't claim to.

As I stated before no one has to believe any of us that live in Florida and keep warning people outside of Florida that this guy might flame out during the Republican primary due to his inability to control himself.

This is not based on his job as Governor, Floridians on this thread have stated they think he has done well but, we are just pointing out his major flaw which is how he carries and conducts himself when he is in front of a camera and sees or hears something that sets him off. He always goes straight from 0 to 11 every time.

Trump and most other recent previous Presidents could make a joke, a funny comment, perhaps a one liner, DeSantis has yet to show this skill.
Yes, he was clearly having a hissy fit and lost control of himself and what came out of his mouth. The kids spoiled his photo op with their masks.

The alternative is that he intentionally used/shamed those kids to score political points.

Neither is a very appealing look in a governor.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:41 PM

2,284 posts, read 637,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I'm not a leftist. Stop making ridiculous assumptions that everyone who votes like you agrees with you on all points or that everyone who disagrees with you must have voted differently than you.

Your translation is meaningless.
Wild hunch, you think COVID is scary and believe masks work and the vaccines were medical marvels.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:41 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, I imagine his being triggered by some kids wearing a mask is extremely excruciating for him. And it does appear that he was certainly over the edge with his response.
over the edge = makes a calm suggestion

Yes, life is excruciating for some people. What happens when the mail is 4 minutes late? Do people have a PSYCHOLOGICAL BREAK?

I really don't know how some people survive. I really don't.

Hang nail = IT'S CANCER!!!! I'M GOING TO DIE!!!! CALL 9-1-1!!!!

Old 03-04-2022, 12:42 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
Quote:
I haven't seen a specific school mentioned only that they are students in the Hillsborough County Public School sytem.

Here's a link. It mentions that one of the kids was 14 and there are comments from the Superintendent of the school system.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...3beef62ebee6e8
14 years old. So we have the ages now.

Oh God, now we have to hear 100 stories about people being 14 in Vietnam in the Shnit battling the commies to justify why these 14 year olds should have to deal with 43 y/o having a hissy fit.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:43 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Yes, he was clearly having a hissy fit and lost control of himself and what came out of his mouth. The kids spoiled his photo op with their masks.

The alternative is that he intentionally used/shamed those kids to score political points.

Neither is a very appealing look in a governor.
DeSantis was having a "hissy fit"?!?!?

You have got to be kidding me. What do you call what the libs have been doing since March 2020?

Old 03-04-2022, 12:46 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
14 years old. So we have the ages now.

Oh God, now we have to hear 100 stories about people being 14 in Vietnam in the Shnit battling the commies to justify why these 14 year olds should have to deal with 43 y/o having a hissy fit.
Good thing they don’t vote. No wonder he didn’t care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies