Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 08:08 AM

30,376 posts, read 11,986,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The US should be more worried about Taiwan.
While I am totally against communist China taking Taiwan. I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 08:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,716,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Yes. And even Hitler, as crazy and desperate of a murderer he was, didn't resort to chemical/muster gas.
ONLY the US has used nukes against an enemy, (and not just once!)

Imo, we dont have ANY room to telling other countries what to do with their nuclear programs!

Old 03-04-2022, 08:13 AM

30,376 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I do not see Putin deescalating anytime soon. The money is still flowing into his war chest . It is more than one year Putin has fed his war chest with American and European money. Yes, the west funded it.
China is Russia's biggest trading partner.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:15 AM

33,605 posts, read 18,261,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You still never said anything about what you would do to 'get strong'.

We sure have plenty of ability to get strong, but getting too strong too quickly presents a much greater danger to the United States if Putin actually is a mad man. Only a maniac will ever trip the trigger that launches a nuclear weapon.

NATO has plenty of nukes, and they're all ready to deploy in a fast second. Once Russia fires one off, NATO would respond with one of equal strength instantly, if the Russian missile was aimed at anywhere close to NATO soil.

Is Ukraine worth our military involvement in a conventional war? Especially a war that appears would be as long and protracted as the war in Syria?

Biden hasn't used his strongest sanction yet. Cutting off Russia's imported oil to the North American continent.
Negotiating peace is like a card game. A good poker player never bets his highest bet until the last play of the game.
Maybe Biden is being too slow to play his ace in the hole, but I'm not privy to what's happening in the West's negotiations. For sure, the only thing left to play once that ace is on the table will be military intervention.

As I see it. But if you can envision something stronger that won't drop us into a fight between armies, Taratova, I wish you would share it with the rest of us. With no mention of how lousy Biden is.

After all, Biden could be an idiot full of woke stupid garbage with global warming thrown in to his stupidity, but he's still the only President we both have, and whining about him not 'getting strong' at all.

Your complaints could show Putin our own resolve is too weak to worry about.
The Russian IT experts have to be watching all our internet forums like hawks right now, trying to assess how strong our national will is.
Your post is full of weakness. You care that experts are watching the internet to what we post. What a laugh. We are so afraid of a nuclear war. This is what I hear. Putin put that threat in there for that specific reason. That is cowardice. We are equal in that regard. Did you forget we hold that card too?

When Trump was in he told Putin I will level Moscow. That is why Putin did not invade Ukraine on Trump's watch.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:17 AM

19,831 posts, read 12,379,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
So you think it is normal for Putin to level cities, hitting all the high rises and killing men women and children.
Unfortunately that is what happens in war. It is never pretty.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
China is Russia's biggest trading partner.
Communists are joined on the hip... no surprise.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:19 AM

6,631 posts, read 7,251,679 times
Quote:
I don’t even know why we are even associated with Taiwan, but we have a large naval force in the area and China is taking it back. It’s written in Chinese law that they’ll take it back and if it can’t be done via negotiations, it’ll be taken by force.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
We saw what the chip shortage did to new car production. Made in Taiwan .China will have more control over us. Not a good thing at all. China produces most of our medications . Antibiotics for instance.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Unfortunately that is what happens in war. It is never pretty.
Another Hitler. How many war crimes will be counted in the end ? Will it reach 6 million just like in Germany ?We are watching a slaughter of men women and children. 1 million evacuated. Over 45 million is the population of Ukraine.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:41 AM

2,388 posts, read 1,109,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Cut off all Russian oil
Ramp up US production
Send in more drones and Javelins
Organize a "volunteer" US force (not alligned with the government) like the Spanish Blue Division of WW2
Work with Romania to allow a corridor for weapons
Send in non US military advisors to train the civilians in Ukraine
Place about 150,000 troops on the Belarussian border
Confiscate the entire Russian merchant marine
Admit Finland and Sweden to NATO ASAP
NATO resolution to occupy the Ukranian nuclear power plants until the conflict is over
Bottle up the Russian fleet in the Black Sea by blocking the Bosporus
Persuade Ukraine to leave tainted alcohol stores before the Russian army
Infect a few captured Russians with Covid and send them back to Russian lines
Send food to Ukraine
Great ideas!

Especially like the sending back captured russians with Covid....tainted alcohol stores
is good too....I would add ...flying "unmarked" (or temp Ukrainian marked) F-35s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies