Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 12:17 PM

2,335 posts, read 822,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
I can’t believe this thread is still going on. Lol.
Yeah, it's like that bad house guest that will never leave, lol.

Dogmatic and completely illogical is all I can say about the logic defending this ridiculous study.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxrob View Post
lol.

I think i’m switching sides now. I think i am a >$100,000 person who lives paycheck to paycheck now. Pretty much all the money i make is gone by the next payday anyway, so that’s paycheck to paycheck, right? Sure, a big chunk goes to a 401k, a smaller chunk to savings, and i have monthly payments for season tix for sports and skiing, and i have to eat, but it’s hard eating out 5 nights a week when you live pay-2-pay, so i only do it 4 times a week. Plus, i have to pay all my adult hockey league fees, along with new equipment every year or so. That’s still paycheck to paycheck, right?
Lol

Old 03-14-2022, 05:25 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,997,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I did not vote for Biden. I am an Independent. I have never voted a straight ticket. I don’t drink political kool- aid.

Perhaps what makes me a tad different than partisans, is that I have never attributed or blamed a POTUS, any POTUS , or party for the good, bad and ugly in my own life. My self esteem is not dependent on who sits the oval.
It has nothing to do with self-esteem but rather do the people we elect to serve us actually make our lives better by the policies they enact? Or worse? If your life isn't affected by who is in charge, what is the point of even having them? I applaud your independence, but we are all affected in some way by who is sitting in the oval office.

Old 03-14-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
It has nothing to do with self-esteem but rather do the people we elect to serve us actually make our lives better by the policies they enact? Or worse? If your life isn't affected by who is in charge, what is the point of even having them? I applaud your independence, but we are all affected in some way by who is sitting in the oval office.
And if course, there's different ways to react to who is sitting in the oval office. We can whine about on it on forums like this (completely unproductive) or we deal with things within our control and not dwell on negativity....

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference

There are a myriad of posters on this site that could heed this advice.

Old 03-22-2022, 02:04 AM

2 posts, read 470 times
An Informative thread! Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-22-2022, 05:42 AM

34,290 posts, read 17,372,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Car payments, house payments, credit card debts, private schools tuition, property taxes, higher income tax brackets, medical insurance, etc.

Told you all that if you are middle income earners, the Democrats were gunning for your wallets but you suburban folks thought you were immune to their policies and thought it was more important to virtue signal your liberalism to your friends and neighbors.

You get what you voted for.
bingo

Old 03-22-2022, 05:48 AM

34,290 posts, read 17,372,575 times
In my state, the minimum wage is $13, so 100k is less than 4x minimum wage, both calculated on a full-time, 2,080 hour/year basis.

Big Deal. Not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies