Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 07:06 AM

8,763 posts, read 11,174,740 times

Advertisements

what is more scary is a LOT of people don’t have anything saved up for retirement. That will come due
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 07:06 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,174,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Fantastic plastic (credit card debt) combined with an entitlement attitude.
How is Biden to blame for this?

Old 03-04-2022, 07:07 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,300,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What do you mean excuses?

What did Biden do that was anti-economy?
I already posted the list. Not gonna repeat it just for you.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:08 AM

92 posts, read 28,300 times
Quote:
Can you name anything good Biden has done? Because all I know is that I would go back to mean old Trump in a New York second over this crap-hole existence we’ve been enduring for 14 months!

Old 03-04-2022, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
what is more scary is a LOT of people don’t have anything saved up for retirement. That will come due
This has been a refrain since I've been old enough to be aware (80's). I've lived in Canada and the USA and this has been a serious concern since at least then.

I do wonder how folks who haven't put money aside function once they retire. But cut to 40 years later and people still seem to manage.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:10 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,325,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenieL43 View Post
I bet 75% gets put on credit cards with no thought to the future! People are tired of lockdowns and mandstes - they feel they “deserve” a vacation with no cares about the bills coming.
What blows my mind is the people who keep racking up credit card debt while making only the minimum monthly payments. They have NO clue that their instant gratification purchases are going to cost them multiple times the original price due to compounding interest on the outstanding balance.

That would be an easy thing to teach. In general, schools don't teach it, but parents should unless they want their kids to be financially handicapped for most of their adult lives.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:11 AM

31,335 posts, read 14,447,509 times
Quote:
Biden is to blame for everything. He's a menace, he's incompetent, he was illegally installed. I could continue....but have to get to work!!!

Old 03-04-2022, 07:12 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,300,950 times
Love it when the Leftists cheered when Biden signed off a slew of executive orders reversing Trump policies on oil production and now they are trying their best to downplay that and even try to deny it all happened.

Leftists, do you not even have any pride in your own beliefs anymore?

Old 03-04-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenieL43 View Post
Can you name anything good Biden has done? Because all I know is that I would go back to mean old Trump in a New York second over this crap-hole existence we’ve been enduring for 14 months!
Well 2020 wasn't a walk in the park.

I think if you like Trump you can create a narrative that none of the supply chain issues would have existed if he was in office....when in fact they started with him in office and were not a product of any government policy.

Oil manufacturers in the USA choosing not to return to pre-pandemic output is not a federal policy issue...it's a taking advantage of massive profits with outrageous prices.

I don't see Trump being any better at managing all of this than Biden. Do I think Biden is doing enough in this regard --- no -- but I don't believe Trump had any answer.

If he did why wouldn't he be preaching about what he would have done to expedite supply chains?,

Don't give me the Keystone pipeline being responsible for price of oil....it wasn't going to be in the system for years and the pipelines we have aren't being used at full capacity because oil producers aren't producing to capacity.

The pandemic impacted global economy that was beyond Trump or Biden...and Americans aren't immune to that global impact based on their addiction to consumerism.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:13 AM

89,677 posts, read 45,325,146 times
Quote:
You've already been given a starter course on that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Let’s discuss policies instead of your attempt at deflection.

Trump:
- reduced taxes across the board for everyone, the economy responded by posting the highest growth since the 80’s, unemployment lowest for over half a century. Trillions pumped back into this country’s economy through repatriation due to his lowered taxes,
- kept out millions of illegals that if they had entered would have required tax payers to pay for them,
- reduced medical costs including drugs by reducing government red tape,
- removed ridiculous red tape so domestic oil production increased to where we were energy independent.

Biden:
- signed off on executive orders on his first days in office killing oil pipelines, fracking for oil, reversing many of Trump’s orders that reduced government red tape, which made us energy dependent again,
- spent trillions on government waste on Leftist social justice causes under the guise of infrastructure and helping the needy
- forcing vaccine mandates on workers that lead to worker shortages, supply shortages,etc.
- let in 2+ millions illegals in just 2021 alone that taxpayers have to pay to house, feed, school, provide medical services for, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies