Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 07:14 AM

866 posts, read 446,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
I’d be interested to see where their money is going, and their definition of “paycheck to paycheck.”
My thoughts exactly. There is no excuse for this at that income level and if they’re doing that now they were pretty much doing it before now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 07:14 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,448,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Well 2020 wasn't a walk in the park.

I think if you like Trump you can create a narrative that none of the supply chain issues would have existed if he was in office....when in fact they started with him in office and were not a product of any government policy.

Oil manufacturers in the USA choosing not to return to pre-pandemic output is not a federal policy issue...it's a taking advantage of massive profits with outrageous prices.

I don't see Trump being any better at managing all of this than Biden. Do I think Biden is doing enough in this regard --- no -- but I don't believe Trump had any answer.

If he did why wouldn't he be preaching about what he would have done to expedite supply chains?,

Don't give me the Keystone pipeline being responsible for price of oil....it wasn't going to be in the system for years and the pipelines we have aren't being used at full capacity because oil producers aren't producing to capacity.

The pandemic impacted global economy that was beyond Trump or Biden...and Americans aren't immune to that global impact based on their addiction to consumerism.

Louder for the people in the back....

Old 03-04-2022, 07:16 AM

1,952 posts, read 837,112 times
Without hard numbers as to where these 100k earners are putting their take home pay....this info is pretty worthless.

My guess is they are living above their means and there is plenty of wiggle room they are not willing to give up.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,884,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Of course you want to make excuses for your Biden guy but inflation of 1.26% is normal compared to the 4%, 5%, 6% and 7% we are seeing after Biden and your Democrats gained full control the federal government.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ate-in-the-us/
I did not vote for Biden. I am an Independent. I have never voted a straight ticket. I don’t drink political kool- aid.

Perhaps what makes me a tad different than partisans, is that I have never attributed or blamed a POTUS, any POTUS , or party for the good, bad and ugly in my own life. My self esteem is not dependent on who sits the oval.

12,200 posts, read 7,270,536 times
Quote:
Well 2020 wasn't a walk in the park.

I think if you like Trump you can create a narrative that none of the supply chain issues would have existed if he was in office....when in fact they started with him in office and were not a product of any government policy.

Oil manufacturers in the USA choosing not to return to pre-pandemic output is not a federal policy issue...it's a taking advantage of massive profits with outrageous prices.

I don't see Trump being any better at managing all of this than Biden. Do I think Biden is doing enough in this regard --- no -- but I don't believe Trump had any answer.

If he did why wouldn't he be preaching about what he would have done to expedite supply chains?,

Don't give me the Keystone pipeline being responsible for price of oil....it wasn't going to be in the system for years and the pipelines we have aren't being used at full capacity because oil producers aren't producing to capacity.

The pandemic impacted global economy that was beyond Trump or Biden...and Americans aren't immune to that global impact based on their addiction to consumerism.
Oh enough with the excuses. Trump did not force vaccine mandates that forced many workers out of work, at a time when many companies were already short on workers. That alone contributed to most of the supply shortages.

Trump was pro-oil. Your Democrats are anti-oil with your Green New Deal nonsense.

Everything runs on oil. It takes oil to produce energy which is used to manufacture, grow, produce, transport, heat, cool, everything from mushrooms to watches to potting soil. Killing even just a little bit if it has implications of prices of everything.

And don’t even get me started on the other Democrat hare brain idea of the $15 min wage.

45,675 posts, read 24,119,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You've already been given a starter course on that:
- pipeline would not impact availability of oil today. In fact American oil producers have a more direct impact in their choice not to return to pre-pandemic production output.

- unemployment is at 3.8% -- worker shortages more likely caused by unemployment being almost at full employment at a time when Americans are setting records for demand in goods and services

- why would Biden's spending be bad and Trump's good. Both handed out money to help the economy as a result of the pandemic........

Trump jumped on a moving train...he didn't crash it because it had all that it needed to function with or without any Trump policies.

The economy had been in recovery for 7 years before Trump took office. There was no global crisis in his first three years to impact anything. Americans continued to work hard to provide for themselves and their families.

The pandemic was not Trump's fault. The crash of the economy was not his fault and nor was it Biden's.

Biden took office when the economy was in shambles. Wasn't Trump's fault, wasn'st Biden's fault.

And yes inflation is out of control...but other economic indicators seem to be returning to pre-pandemic levels.

Do I credit Biden -- no --- I credit Americans who are working hard to provide for themselves and their families.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:21 AM

1,158 posts, read 459,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
More and more people are feeling the Bidenflation pinch, but how in the hell can nearly half of those earning $100,000+ barely keep their heads above water?

https://thehill.com/changing-america...00k-are-living
That's not inflation, the pinch or supply chain issues. That is the result of idiots who can not understand the damage done by over extending their debt because they have to have something now or something more expensive than they can afford.

People in general have become so entitled feeling and irresponsible that they feel if they want it, they should have it. I see people every day living paycheck to paycheck because they feel entitled to a lifestyle they just can afford.

It is the same as college loan debt. People feel entitled to go to college and invest more than they will ever be able to repay. Then they convince themselves, that taxpayers should bail them out because they had a right to something they could not afford. I hear people say diapers should be free. I say if you can't afford diapers, don't have a kid. Your kid isn't my responsibility, and neither is your education.

It all goes hand in hand. When you think you deserve more than you can afford, you will always live paycheck to paycheck and one disaster away from bankruptcy. No matter what the income level, you will always outspend it. It is time to make defaulting on debt punitive on the borrower and lender, and leave the taxpayers out of the underwriting business. It is time to tell people who can't afford something or some lifestyle to do without. It is time to tell people nothing is free and nothing is owed to you.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:22 AM

89,415 posts, read 45,120,542 times
Quote:
- pipeline would not impact availability of oil today. In fact American oil producers have a more direct impact in their choice not to return to pre-pandemic production output.

- unemployment is at 3.8% -- worker shortages more likely caused by unemployment being almost at full employment at a time when Americans are setting records for demand in goods and services
Wrong statistic to be evaluating Biden. Look at the LFPR:

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employmen...ation-rate.htm

Old 03-04-2022, 07:22 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,119,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Oh enough with the excuses. Trump did not force vaccine mandates that forced many workers out of work, at a time when many companies were already short on workers. That alone contributed to most of the supply shortages.

Trump was pro-oil. Your Democrats are anti-oil with your Green New Deal nonsense.
WE are at 3.8% employment......that whole vaccine mandate has had zero impact on employment. Those people left and got others jobs not requiring mandates.

EVERY industry is seeing a shortage of workers -- vaccine or not.

So you think American oil producers aren't producing oil because Trump was pro-oil and Democrats are anti-oil?

Old 03-04-2022, 07:23 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,270,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I did not vote for Biden. I am an Independent. I have never voted a straight ticket. I don’t drink political kool- aid.

Perhaps what makes me a tad different than partisans, is that I have never attributed or blamed a POTUS, any POTUS , or party for the good, bad and ugly in my own life. My self esteem is not dependent on who sits the oval.
Stop lying. You have been only one sided in your posts here for years. You bash Trump and Republicans incessantly and always make excuses for Democrats and the Left. No one knows if you are telling the truth about who you vote for but we can certainly tell which side of the political spectrum you’re on from what you say here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies