Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 06:32 AM

23,642 posts, read 17,325,826 times

Advertisements

Admire Putin, someone is very confused! It is military academy practice to study your enemy and use his strategy and leadership ability.

When comparing putin to obama or biden is is crystal clear putin has a exponential advantage over these two incompetents. That is not admiration for putin, it points out what is missing in the two dem presidents who emnbraced putin and honored his requests and fulfilled his wishes.

While Biden financially supports Putin and made the Ukrainian invasion possible.
Would 'admiring' be an equivalent crime to aiding the enemy as biden has done in his and obama's admin????

What is putin doing with the 20% of our uranium supply obama/biden sold him?????

Obama defended putin in a debate

Talk about love, Obama whispered a message for Putin, 'I'll have more latitude after the election'

The left's priorities are askew as is their view of reality!

Old 03-05-2022, 06:35 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,797,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
It's because when you get down to it, they share a very similar ideology with Putin.

- Call to return to "traditional values" (especially returning to the Christian religion, anti-LGBTQ+, linking respect-worthiness with conformity to traditional gender roles and especially disrepect-worthiness with inability or refusal to conform to such roles)

- Infected with nostalgia and deluded as to how great that past society was.

- Obsessed with law, order, and discipline - on both national and personal levels. Ultimately one level supports the other. Which leads to the next point...

- Glorifies social dominance and the other so-called "manly" traits. Often implies that they're the only measure of personal worth; at least forcefulness of personality but extra points if physical forcefulness as well.

- Strong respect, if not admiration, of wealthy people (can compensate for low-average levels of social dominance to an extent).

There's no doubt other traits, but all this is what immediately crosses my mind.
You might want to recheck your mind.
Not even all far-right people would agree with all of that, and many of those towards the center-left could get on board with some of it.
Besides, much of that list doesn't directly pertain to "politics". No doubt in this backwards world we live in people seem to think so anyway.
As for "admiration of wealthy people", perhaps you didn't get the memo that most of those in the U.S. are far-left, ivory-tower elitists these days who disdain poor deplorable conservatives clinging to their guns and religion.

I lean right and can't say I have anything in common with that old communist.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:37 AM

4,555 posts, read 4,082,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I lean right and can't say I have anything in common with that old communist.
If Putin was communist the left would love him

Old 03-05-2022, 06:38 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,233,237 times
Quote:
It's because when you get down to it, they share a very similar ideology with Putin.

- Call to return to "traditional values" (especially returning to the Christian religion, anti-LGBTQ+, linking respect-worthiness with conformity to traditional gender roles and especially disrepect-worthiness with inability or refusal to conform to such roles)

- Obsessed with law, order, and discipline - on both national and personal levels. Ultimately one level supports the other. Which leads to the next point...

- Glorifies social dominance and the other so-called "manly" traits. Often implies that they're the only measure of personal worth; at least forcefulness of personality but extra points if physical forcefulness as well.

- Strong respect, if not admiration, of wealthy people (can compensate for low-average levels of social dominance to an extent).

There's no doubt other traits, but all this is what immediately crosses my mind.

What a load of BS. And there is nothing wrong with returning to traditional values - the world was a much better, and safer, place when common sense and decency were the norm.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:47 AM

59,418 posts, read 27,569,237 times
Quote:

" Why the American Far Right Admires Putin's Politics, if Not Putin Himself"

Probably the MOST WRONG claim ever made on here!

Old 03-05-2022, 06:50 AM

1,748 posts, read 638,725 times
Quote:

It’s not right-owned companies, politicians, and activists censoring different opinions. It is fully the leftist doing that. Now Putin is doing the censoring in Russia. Seems the left has more in common with Putin than the right does.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:58 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,562,325 times
I admire Putin's Russia first policies and I wish we would elect another president that has an America first agenda instead of a global elite first agenda. I do not admire Putin's authoritarian nature nor his aggressive foreign policy and invasion of Ukraine. I also don't admire America's aggressive foreign policy and do not support engaging in war with Russia over Ukraine or over gas and oil pipelines. We are capable of being energy independent.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:10 AM

1,811 posts, read 914,371 times
This is the dumbest thread ever. Republicans despise Putin almost as much as they despise Biden.
Both of them are cancers. They came to destroy rights and enslave people.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:12 AM

17,406 posts, read 12,014,834 times
Quote:

I see the "bots" are working overtime this morning. Trying to align conservatives with Putin, in order to hide the complete incompetence of their party's handling of Russia.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:14 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,935,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
If Putin was communist the left would love him
They have loved him till Trump won and decided to use the false “Russian collusion “ to attack Trump. Putin said he was going to bring back the Soviet Union, yes Putin is definitely communist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies