Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 10:02 AM

4,657 posts, read 2,357,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The GOP should just counter with ZERO interest and all accrued interest is eliminated. Borrowers are responsible for the principal borrowed only. That would be fair.

That would be fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 10:03 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,829,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
That would be fair.
No. Absolutely not.

3% simple interest should be the counter.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:14 PM

4,532 posts, read 1,791,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you wish to not fulfill your end of the contract..... watch out for your credit being destroyed
No… they are going to be forgiven under PSLF… I literally said that in the sentence before the one you quoted. Lol

I have a credit score above 800. I know what I'm doing.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
And there it is folks, laid out bare for all to see: Narcissism run amok - and seemingly proud of it. When did everything become all about "Me! Me! Me!"? I fear for the future of this country. This stunningly selfish, short-sighted attitude is becoming alarmingly more prevalent.
Shame on me…. Lol. I MADE A DEAL WITH THE GOVERNMENT THAT THEY WOULD FORGIVE MY LOANS AFTER 10 years of service!!! I am about 1.5 years away. It isn’t narcissism, it’s fulfilling my contract with the government.

But you can still call it narcissism if it makes you feel better. I’m still getting student loan forgiveness of about $65K+.

Old 04-07-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Taxpayers did not loan this money. Banks did.
Actually, I think the federal government did, if they are federal loans.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:03 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,772,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Shame on me…. Lol. I MADE A DEAL WITH THE GOVERNMENT THAT THEY WOULD FORGIVE MY LOANS AFTER 10 years of service!!! I am about 1.5 years away. It isn’t narcissism, it’s fulfilling my contract with the government.

But you can still call it narcissism if it makes you feel better. I’m still getting student loan forgiveness of about $65K+.
I don't get why so many people are against student loan reform. Forgiving student loans and completely reforming the system would do wonders for the economy. I have friends who have payments that are $500 or more per month. That's a lot of income tied up.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:12 PM

32,942 posts, read 19,618,948 times
Quote:
No… they are going to be forgiven under PSLF… I literally said that in the sentence before the one you quoted. Lol

I have a credit score above 800. I know what I'm doing.
but that's not what you said...and also not what you agreed to under the PSLF

your quote ""Yes, I can pay my loans back without any problem at all… but I'm not going to if I don’t have to.""

what is the agreement with the government...
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)...The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.

so yes you have worked for a qualifying employer. (the government??) for nearly 10 years...but

you HAVE TO make 10 years (120 months) of qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan....for which you stated..."""but I'm not going to"""

so IF..IF you are "not going to" keep your end of the deal, you may find that the government says sorry charley

Old 04-07-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but that's not what you said...and also not what you agreed to under the PSLF

your quote ""Yes, I can pay my loans back without any problem at all… but I'm not going to if I don’t have to.""

what is the agreement with the government...
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)...The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.

so yes you have worked for a qualifying employer. (the government??) for nearly 10 years...but

you HAVE TO make 10 years (120 months) of qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan....for which you stated..."""but I'm not going to"""

so IF..IF you are "not going to" keep your end of the deal, you may find that the government says sorry charley
The federal government (whom I made the contract with) said I was making “qualified payments” during the pause (even though I didn’t have to make ANY payment). So I make the qualifying payments that the Feds define, and require. And if the feds count “no payment,” as a qualified payment, it’s really not my job, nor in my best interest, to argue with them.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:31 PM

32,942 posts, read 19,618,948 times
Quote:
The federal government (whom I made the contract with) said I was making “qualified payments” during the pause (even though I didn’t have to make ANY payment). So I make the qualifying payments that the Feds define, and require. And if the feds count “no payment,” as a qualified payment, it’s really not my job, nor in my best interest, to argue with them.
well then you are good to go... you confused me with your "but I'm not going to"

Old 04-08-2022, 12:11 AM

8,456 posts, read 3,617,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
The only unemployment right now is voluntary unemployment. Jobs are going begging.
That's not true. You can fill out applications every day. It's up to the employers who gets offered the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies