Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 05:21 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

It's insane how long student loan payments have been on hold.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-may...144311470.html

Quote:
White House Chief of Staff Ron Klain suggested student-loan borrowers may be on track for further relief before payments are set to resume on May 1.

"The President is going to look at what we should do on student debt before the pause expires, or he'll extend the pause," Klain told Pod Save America on Thursday.

"Joe Biden right now is the only president in history where no one's paid on their student loans for the entirety of his presidency. And so the question whether or not there's some executive action on student debt forgiveness when payments resume is a decision we're going to take before payments resume," Klain added.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 07:08 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Insanity rules America now thanks to biden

Old 03-05-2022, 08:08 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,952,568 times
And largely unnecessary since if you are having difficulties there are many, many ways to defer your loans or make Income Based Payments. Heck sign up at your community college for a couple of classes learning some more marketable skills and they get deferred right there and you increase your hirebility/and income generating power.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:32 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
"Biden is going to look at what we should do about student loan debt" ??

That is an easy one. PAY BACK YOUR LOAN. You agreed to it, you signed the contract now pay it back.

Biden looking at it is more like, let's see which way the wind is blowing the poll numbers as we get closer to the mid terms.

Are we not sickened by now that everything the Dems do has nothing to do with what is right for America, what is common sense but instead they respond to what might garner them more votes.

Tell you what Biden, you want my vote how about paying off my mortgage or buy me a new truck since I put myself through college and I will consider it.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:14 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
Enough. I paid mine back. Current borrowers can pay theirs back. Nobody forced them to go to college; they decided it was worth the investment. Maybe for some it was a bad investment, but it was their decision to make.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:01 AM

25,743 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I don't really get this. There are already a bunch of repayment options and deferment options based on all sorts of metrics. It's a "solution" to a problem that doesn't exist (assuming you're not a deadbeat who thinks loans are the same as gifts).

Old 03-05-2022, 10:05 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Elections have consequences.

Looks like all you responsible folks who pay your bills on time are the suckers.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:21 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
While I agree that these extensions are unnecessary, I'm also taking advantage of the pause for as long as it lasts as I'm not paying the government back more than I am legally required to

Old 03-10-2022, 12:35 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
"Biden is going to look at what we should do about student loan debt" ??

That is an easy one. PAY BACK YOUR LOAN. You agreed to it, you signed the contract now pay it back.

Biden looking at it is more like, let's see which way the wind is blowing the poll numbers as we get closer to the mid terms.

Are we not sickened by now that everything the Dems do has nothing to do with what is right for America, what is common sense but instead they respond to what might garner them more votes.

Tell you what Biden, you want my vote how about paying off my mortgage or buy me a new truck since I put myself through college and I will consider it.
Rubbing the fact you have a house in my face.

Personally though I'm too busy trying to pay off my credit card number one and after that I need to save for what was taken from me and is far more important than a worthless piece of paper that I never should have been pressured to take out.
Of course I am an anomaly so just like the person below you may not be including me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Enough. I paid mine back. Current borrowers can pay theirs back. Nobody forced them to go to college; they decided it was worth the investment. Maybe for some it was a bad investment, but it was their decision to make.
Who is this referring to? Should I pay mine with dog hair? I'm sure if I wait long enough I got enough to be worth a couple thousand at least.
You're probably talking about normal people though I would assume so if you are you can ignore my comment but I never know anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't really get this. There are already a bunch of repayment options and deferment options based on all sorts of metrics. It's a "solution" to a problem that doesn't exist (assuming you're not a deadbeat who thinks loans are the same as gifts).
True it seems like it's the same as deferment. Why not actually erase the unnecessary debt entirely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Elections have consequences.

Looks like all you responsible folks who pay your bills on time are the suckers.
I'm a sucker for you say the word and I'll go to any school blindly, not thinking about all the subliminal things I knew about them about them about them. You're making the typical me do what I thought was the responsible thing

Yeah I would say people who don't manage to pay are often the suckers. Financially struggling is expensive.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:01 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies