Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 10:23 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,303,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Here is the thing, one shouldn't be assumed a Putin apologist for pointing out Ukraine's faults too. You mentioned denazification. There is a huge neo nazi presence in Ukraine. One of the worst (maybe the worst) anywhere. Just because Zelensky is Jewish doesn't change that fact.

Just go back a few years online and it was openly talked about. One of the largest nazi militias called Azov even has a children's training camp.

This in no way represents American values. There is a lot about this country that is very shady. The media is not mentioning it. I don't think we need to be putting all of our eggs in that basket.

From 2018: Ukraine's neo-Nazi problem

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1GV2TY

Define "neo nazi" and tell me how they have hurt Ukraine. Your article even says that Ukraine military has reigned them in so if the Ukrainian army is destroyed and Ukraine is demilitarized, who is going to keep these groups in check then? Permanent Russian military presence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 10:25 AM

956 posts, read 514,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I can't believe how easily people are falling for it. Putin is hitler and Zelensky is the best thing ever.

No way, it is a lot more nuanced than that. And I am already annoyed at Zelensky making demands on us that will get us drawn in.

I just hope people will start doing the research.

Because from where I am sitting Zelensky is a punk who is acting like the world needs to do whatever it is he says. I worry that Senators are meeting with him by zoom. Excuse me? Can I have a zoom audience with the US Senate? Do we work for Zelensky now?
Exactly. I mean Russia and Putin have Nuclear weapons. And Putin has stated if we strike or get military involved he could use them which is last thing anyone wants as really a nuclear war cannot really be won by either side with either side having useable land and civilization as it was known anyways.

As murderous and disgusting and evil as Putin is for what he is doing to Ukraine, we need to stay out of it militarily and so do other west nations. Let him have Ukraine or any other countries that were USSR from before. The risk of a nuclear weapon conflict is not worth it.

Now if Putin starts taking this farther than trying to reclaim former USSR, then all bets are off as we cannot allow an evil dictatorship to capture too much of world or it becomes a danger to all even with no nukes used as they could then overpower us as they would get so big and conventional war would over power us in such case if he was like Hitler and wanted to take over the whole world.

Hopefully someone inside Russia will take out Putin successfully before it becomes an issue and gets to that potential point.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:27 AM

13,777 posts, read 5,007,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We are 30 trillion in debt, As the months go by the cost of gas and food will double and many businesses will fall because the buying power of Americans will fall. When hundreds of more dollars go into the gas tank and food bill, many companies will have their products sitting on the shelves.

The stock market will get hammered. Our debt will rise personally and our government will raise taxes. Interest rates will go up and it is all negative. Not one good thing coming down the pike. I see a huge recession. If we go to war double all of that.

Iran is a threat. Putin is a threat, North Korea is a Threat, China is a threat. We are weak and a woke military is even weaker. Biden is afraid of Putin. This administration is using weak sanctions , buying oil from Russia, halting our oil production is the complete destruction of us. We all know it is the life line to our economy. Buying power for Americans is the key. We are in for a depression much worse than 2008. It is coming and nuclear war is also looming . We are in the worst shape than I can imagine. When products don't move ,people get laid off. One year and Biden is destroying us.
Wow, aren’t you just full of sunshine? I guess we’ll see if all the doom and gloom you foresee will come to pass. But I must correct you on one point - NO ONE has halted our oil production. We produce more oil now than anytime in the past two years.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:29 AM

7,251 posts, read 4,585,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine607 View Post
Now if Putin starts taking this farther than trying to reclaim former USSR, then all bets are off as we cannot allow an evil dictatorship to capture too much of world or it becomes a danger to all even with no nukes used as they could then overpower us as they would get so big and conventional war would over power us in such case if he was like Hitler and wanted to take over the whole world.

Hopefully someone inside Russia will take out Putin successfully before it becomes an issue and gets to that potential point.
Putin is 70 he likely will die before he gets to that.

But Putin has been in the office for years. I don't believe he suddenly went crazy and turned into Hitler. You have to know NOTHING about Hitler to believe Putin is any place close to that. But Putin does have his reasons and honestly they make a lot of sense to me.

IMHO we pushed this to happen and so did Urkaine by doing a lot of things that were giving Russia the finger and threating joining Nato.

I agree if he attacked anyone outside of the former USSR.. we would have to take a strong hand. But I don't think he will.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:32 AM

33,598 posts, read 18,243,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
It doesn't. The way things are playing out we could end up in WWIII.

I try to look at both sides. I really can't believe that we would blindly follow Zelensky, but it seems like it. It was only a few weeks ago that he was railing against the US and our media. How can that be forgotten so quickly? He was basically accusing our media and intelligence of war mongering and spreading unnecessary fear. He was worried it was hurting his economy.

This isn't going to be a popular thing to say, but...how smart is this guy? We saw with our own eyes his country was surrounded by troops and equipment. Yet he wasn't convinced there would be an attack.
Now that it comes out that he is a former actor and comic with no political experience that really has me worried. Worse, he has no diplomatic experience which is sorely needed now.

This could start WWIII and it's not worth it. Zelensky is an actor who knows how to play the media. Let's not forget that Russia has initiated the peace talks and Zelensky won't budge an inch either. He needs to compromise. We all know he is fighting a losing battle.
Where did you hear that? CNN..Commie News Network.. sounds like you are in Putin's camp.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Putin is 70 he likely will die before he gets to that.

But Putin has been in the office for years. I don't believe he suddenly went crazy and turned into Hitler. You have to know NOTHING about Hitler to believe Putin is any place close to that. But Putin does have his reasons and honestly they make a lot of sense to me.

IMHO we pushed this to happen and so did Urkaine by doing a lot of things that were giving Russia the finger and threating joining Nato.

I agree if he attacked anyone outside of the former USSR.. we would have to take a strong hand. But I don't think he will.
So I read your post....Another American hater who is in the camp of Putin.. Yeah.. Putin just started invading because he felt paranoid.. As if we were going to march on Putin.. hardly. Putin needed that flimsy reason to invade Ukraine. Putin wants more and more countries just like Hitler. Biden is so threatening.. yeah yeah,, biggest joke to think Biden would take on Russia.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:37 AM

12,063 posts, read 6,612,121 times
Around 1994 Ukraine had the third largest nuclear arsenal on the planet which they felt was their only deterrent to Russia.

We, Europe, and even Russia signed a treaty or official agreement that if they destroyed all their nukes they would have all our protection from an invasion of Russia.

No one has mentioned if we actually detailed what that protection would actually be or mean.

But Ukraine DID give up all their deterrence nukes and protection and trusted us to protect them.
So now we need to do as much as we can without starting WW3 or our treaties, our agreements mean nothing.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wow, aren’t you just full of sunshine? I guess we’ll see if all the doom and gloom you foresee will come to pass. But I must correct you on one point - NO ONE has halted our oil production. We produce more oil now than anytime in the past two years.
Just last week Biden put on more restrictions on oil production.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:43 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,756,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Define "neo nazi" and tell me how they have hurt Ukraine. Your article even says that Ukraine military has reigned them in so if the Ukrainian army is destroyed and Ukraine is demilitarized, who is going to keep these groups in check then? Permanent Russian military presence?
The Azov battalion was active in the Eastern Ukraine. Commiting atrocitys against ethnic Russians. Where was the world angst during the last 8 yrs... Phoney MF'rs

Old 03-05-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I only wish that more posters were as unbiased as you.
Sure, the poster is a communist thinking idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies