Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 06:18 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,828,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Putin made guarantees to the Ukrainian people for months that he wouldn't invade. Even now, the state run media in Russia is reporting that the Ukrainians are bombing themselves in order to create a pretext for war against Russia.

None of this would've happened if Putin hadn't been a total bad faith actor and a liar. Seems to be a important detail left out of your "both sides" argument.
In mid February, Putin said he would withdraw troops from the Border. NATO and Biden were skeptical with good reason. A week later, Russian invaded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 07:50 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,317,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post

If you allow this to happen, you are allowing WW3 and nukes to fly. The unpersoning of an entire country is cruel, wrong, deplorable and petty. Russia IS NOT a "magical" place where the dirt creates all the bad people in the world.

Haven't seen any statements from Putin himself? That's because "the west" has censored all your access to any statements from Russia itself. The west has literally dropped a communist iron curtain down on YOU.

Watch this statement - He's basically crying when he explains that he is trying to secure his own country's right to exist as "the west" continually creates cubas out of every country on their border.

https://media.gab.com/system/media_a...5e587bd813.mp4
it's very simple - nevermind who knows whether that's an accurate translation.

He declared he was entering Donbas as a "peacekeeper". What, 2 days later he made a full-on assault on the country, including from other countries?

Is there some history of NATO entering countries militarily as a first strike? Are there any missiles in Ukraine or any European border country capable of an offensive strike on Moscow?

I don't know, but those would seem to be relevant questions to this video, assuming the translation IS accurate.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:01 PM

9,550 posts, read 4,374,021 times
Quote:

If you allow this to happen, you are allowing WW3 and nukes to fly. The unpersoning of an entire country is cruel, wrong, deplorable and petty. Russia IS NOT a "magical" place where the dirt creates all the bad people in the world.

Haven't seen any statements from Putin himself? That's because "the west" has censored all your access to any statements from Russia itself. The west has literally dropped a communist iron curtain down on YOU.

Watch this statement - He's basically crying when he explains that he is trying to secure his own country's right to exist as "the west" continually creates cubas out of every country on their border.

https://media.gab.com/system/media_a...5e587bd813.mp4

So, you're not in favor of economic sanctions. I suppose you have a better idea. We'll wait.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:21 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,129,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
It doesn't. The way things are playing out we could end up in WWIII.

I try to look at both sides. I really can't believe that we would blindly follow Zelensky, but it seems like it. It was only a few weeks ago that he was railing against the US and our media. How can that be forgotten so quickly? He was basically accusing our media and intelligence of war mongering and spreading unnecessary fear. He was worried it was hurting his economy.

This isn't going to be a popular thing to say, but...how smart is this guy? We saw with our own eyes his country was surrounded by troops and equipment. Yet he wasn't convinced there would be an attack.
Now that it comes out that he is a former actor and comic with no political experience that really has me worried. Worse, he has no diplomatic experience which is sorely needed now.

This could start WWIII and it's not worth it. Zelensky is an actor who knows how to play the media. Let's not forget that Russia has initiated the peace talks and Zelensky won't budge an inch either. He needs to compromise. We all know he is fighting a losing battle.
This describes Trump as well. But it's not just coming out about Zenlensky. Anyone who follows world politics already knows this. Putin is trying to take over another country who has done nothing to threaten Russia. Why should they comprise with his demands.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:32 PM

929 posts, read 400,811 times
For those that think that we should just stand by and watch women and children get slaughtered like pigs maybe you should read below, this is more than Zelensky..this humanity being destroyed at a level unimaginable right in front of our eyes on a daily basis.

https://treaties.un.org/doc/Publicat...07-I-52241.pdf

Old 03-05-2022, 10:43 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,028,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I can't believe how easily people are falling for it. Putin is hitler and Zelensky is the best thing ever.

No way, it is a lot more nuanced than that. And I am already annoyed at Zelensky making demands on us that will get us drawn in.

I just hope people will start doing the research.

Because from where I am sitting Zelensky is a punk who is acting like the world needs to do whatever it is he says. I worry that Senators are meeting with him by zoom. Excuse me? Can I have a zoom audience with the US Senate? Do we work for Zelensky now?
way before I watched the putin video..................I figured the united states was just as much at fault in this mess. People need to look at our history that has been exposed in the last 20 years..........we have asassinated world leaders and propped up despot dictators...........we are not snow white......

Old 03-05-2022, 10:44 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,028,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Putin made guarantees to the Ukrainian people for months that he wouldn't invade. Even now, the state run media in Russia is reporting that the Ukrainians are bombing themselves in order to create a pretext for war against Russia.

None of this would've happened if Putin hadn't been a total bad faith actor and a liar. Seems to be a important detail left out of your "both sides" argument.
you just overlooking the fact that we promised russia that the ukraine would NOT join nato??

Old 03-06-2022, 06:31 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,266,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post

Is there some history of NATO entering countries militarily as a first strike? Are there any missiles in Ukraine or any European border country capable of an offensive strike on Moscow?

Yugoslavia?

Old 03-06-2022, 06:41 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,226,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We are 30 trillion in debt, As the months go by the cost of gas and food will double and many businesses will fall because the buying power of Americans will fall. When hundreds of more dollars go into the gas tank and food bill, many companies will have their products sitting on the shelves.

The stock market will get hammered. Our debt will rise personally and our government will raise taxes. Interest rates will go up and it is all negative. Not one good thing coming down the pike. I see a huge recession. If we go to war double all of that.

Iran is a threat. Putin is a threat, North Korea is a Threat, China is a threat. We are weak and a woke military is even weaker. Biden is afraid of Putin. This administration is using weak sanctions , buying oil from Russia, halting our oil production is the complete destruction of us. We all know it is the life line to our economy. Buying power for Americans is the key. We are in for a depression much worse than 2008. It is coming and nuclear war is also looming . We are in the worst shape than I can imagine. When products don't move ,people get laid off. One year and Biden is destroying us.

and that is just scratching the surface. perhaps people should ask themselves why this is all happening under Biden's watch -- including why Covid virtually disappeared when it no longer became a political necessity. This is all on the Dems and the impacts of their folly is just getting started.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:48 AM

61,916 posts, read 87,471,218 times
Quote:
Putin crying... lol.
You should be more selective what you consider "news".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies