Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 11:41 AM

1,153 posts, read 631,549 times

Advertisements

....merely having a Republican take the White House from Biden in the 2024 election won't fix the massive issues of inflation, crime, illegal immigration, and excessive federal expenditures overnight.

One could even argue that Trump's initial push for the stimulus checks during the initial breakout of COVID is what started the increase of inflation in recent years in the 1st place and the fact that he was basically coerced into signing that $2 trillion COVID Relief Bill shows the limits of his power and authority even as someone who stood against it(presumably anyways). Of course, having a Liberal/Democrat like Joe Biden take over the government after this fact boosted the crisis up to epic proportions and accelerated the process faster than usual but it was basically inevitable.

This post is basically more of a warning than anything else because, while I plan of doing my part and voting Biden out in the next election, I'm under no delusions that the issues of inflation and the overall handling of the national deficit won't be fixed in one term. Heck, we'd be lucky to fix it under 2 terms at this rate.

So, don't get your hopes up. We're still going to have damn near the same issues as we have currently but the difference is that the worst possible outcomes that can stem from the government via overspending, mass immigration, inflation, etc. will simply not accelerate or, at best, they'll stagnate to a comfortable rate that the general populace can handle.

But don't expect one good President to give us a "happy ending." Not to sound nihilistic but happy endings won't happen anytime soon. The issues will always be the same regardless of the type of President we have but some will merely do a better job at preventing certain crises from accelerating and getting out of control than others.

Pre-2020 America is not coming back anytime soon and a different style of leadership isn't going to truly fix that under 2 terms. You can do what you must to choose people who can prevent issues from accelerating but don't get too optimistic or lulled back to sleep just because a good candidate won.

Just accept that you chose the best product out of the dumpster that's better than the other trash and continue to stay vigilant in these turbulent times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 12:35 PM

9,889 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Federal spending or funded programs and projects are currency used in those smoke filled backroom deals. They're propping the institution and their job security rather than the best interests of the public.

Old 03-13-2022, 04:32 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
I might have agreed with the title of this thread even 15 years ago when it was the Republicans who wanted more and more funding for the military, while the Democrats wanted more money for welfare programs.

Now, however, I cannot think of anything the Republicans want to spend boatloads of money on unless it is for immigration issues -- and "The Wall" (even though, from what I have gathered, most Republicans are actually no longer in favor of that).

Of course I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet that if the Republicans take over the House in 2022, the budget might very possibly be reduced in many areas.

Old 03-13-2022, 04:33 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
Ronald friggin Reagan is the one who started this trash policy of running federal deficits. Neither party has any credibility on running this country. GOP just happens to talk about it every 4 years when it comes for election time.

Old 03-13-2022, 04:37 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
post 10

Old 03-14-2022, 03:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I might have agreed with the title of this thread even 15 years ago when it was the Republicans who wanted more and more funding for the military, while the Democrats wanted more money for welfare programs.

Now, however, I cannot think of anything the Republicans want to spend boatloads of money on unless it is for immigration issues -- and "The Wall" (even though, from what I have gathered, most Republicans are actually no longer in favor of that).

Of course I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet that if the Republicans take over the House in 2022, the budget might very possibly be reduced in many areas.
hahahahaha Thanks for the laugh. Those bought and paid for low lifes haven't lowered spending in over 100 years and nothing says they will stop until we vote out the big spenders like Biden, and Trump, and Obama, and Bush, and ....

If you want lowered spending there is only one choice. The Tea Party. They constantly vote against spending.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:40 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,229,268 times
Not all government spending is equal. You folks will not like it if the government ever stops spending.

The U.S. government is the richest entity in the world. If it ever stops or reduces spending too much, economies are going to go into a recession/depression.

The key is not necessarily looking at how much is spent but what it is spent on.

Republicans tend to spent more wisely and on more useful things that contribute to the economy. Trump’s years of a strong economy is proof (2020 pandemic economic lockdown driven by Democrat governors to hurt Trump notwithstanding).

Democrats tend to spend poorly that actually has a negative effect on the economy because they love giving away money to people that incentivizes doing no or less work. Also lots of waste on social justice causes.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:42 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Totally agreed.....Republicans are like yes men married beta males...as long as the bread and circuses keep them satisfied (government pork) they are not going to save anything or reverse any policy of any importance on any large scale...they will eat from the QE trough and focus more on large spending bills and oink oink money flow and net worth than doing what's right with few exceptions.

Top and bottom will continue to suck from the middle. Globalists will continue to force feed refugees and immigrants. The left will continue to peddle 276 genders, CRT, equity, cancel culture, identity politics. The internet will continue to get more and more clamped down on freedom of speech. Nothing will change.

Worse, you could get one in power that tries to play puritan...banning abortion or marijuana. Politicians care more about telling us what to do than leaving us alone.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:47 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
I will admit it..
Both parties are trash (about everything).

Old 03-14-2022, 06:58 AM

5,175 posts, read 4,949,447 times
Recent history has proven either party is seriously interested in fiscal responsibility, balancing the budget, and lessening or even eliminating the debt. All of the above just suit the purpose of talking points and false election promises because they know it's what us, the minions, want to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies