Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 06:55 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,605,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It seems the risk of killing the customer is so high, when the buyer doesn't seem to know what's in there, it would be counter-productive to the business.

around my city the "dealers" were 12-16yr old children for crack so that level dealer was not the brightest bulb...very young addicts are the dealers or even children as i have said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2022, 07:08 PM

30,514 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/03/16/h...nyl/index.html

These perpetually increasing drug deaths represent only one symptom of how unspeakably empty and purposeless our lives have become. A symptom of an endlessly fractured and barely functioning social order. We live in an incredibly and increasingly chaotic, grim, and joyless world- one that man himself has designed through his moral failures, foolishness, and greed. You can feel it in the air- the anxiety, despondency, desperation, exasperation.... this is our lives.
Way to go Brandon!

Bandon is inviting as much fentanyl in to enrich his buddies and kill American....fing Traitor Joe.

Old 03-19-2022, 01:56 PM

22,384 posts, read 29,502,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I see both sides of this. My sister died of a drug overdose. She was a pill addict. My father died of cancer. He could not get pain meds due to the doctor being worried that he was enabling a drug addict which he was not.

What I don't understand is the dealers who use fentanyl or lace the drugs with fentanyl to sell to their end users. Are they not killing the exact people who are regular costumers?
I agree-I'm confused as well.

Sorry for both your losses

Old 03-19-2022, 02:13 PM

26,004 posts, read 22,192,881 times
Keep in mind that these illegal drugs are not being made in a supervised facility. I suspect the bigger whatever they get from it, the better the business for the supplier, so experimenting a little might go a long way.

As far as "the war on drugs", that has not been won for a variety of reasons. One is that cities get a LOT of money to "fight" it, and if the war was over, so would the money be. Trust me, they could do better at the local and state levels, but they just watch it and collect the money to "fight" the war.

Another issue is the open southern border and lack of enforcement of our immigration laws. How many illegals win their passage by being drug mules? How many cities have programs to enable the illegal drug users? Legalizing drugs will not stop the issue, and who is going to the ever growing number of people who choose to use drugs and stay in bed all day!

I have two friends on disability that have severe pain issues, and both used to get the medications with ease, and now, they have to really "work for it" to get any at all.

I am sorry, but for those taking street drugs that might be laced with whatever, I really don't have any sympathy. "You can't fix stupid.", and you certainly can't get your life together and change your direction when you are using illegal drugs.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:03 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,548,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It seems the risk of killing the customer is so high, when the buyer doesn't seem to know what's in there, it would be counter-productive to the business.
No one ever said hese dealers were the sharpest tools in the shed though.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:08 PM

39,889 posts, read 26,566,286 times
You'd think in time this would be a self-correcting problem.

Old 03-19-2022, 05:24 PM

8,280 posts, read 3,521,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Yet those of us with legitimate chronic pain issues rarely can get pain meds
Right. I live in severe pain every day. No relief. The medical professionals treat me like trash. They always have, even when I was a child.

In the meantime, people who are in better shape than I am get referrals to pain clinics.

Old 03-19-2022, 06:14 PM

25,913 posts, read 18,919,401 times
You can't fix stupid.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:45 PM

939 posts, read 426,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Keep in mind that these illegal drugs are not being made in a supervised facility. I suspect the bigger whatever they get from it, the better the business for the supplier, so experimenting a little might go a long way.

As far as "the war on drugs", that has not been won for a variety of reasons. One is that cities get a LOT of money to "fight" it, and if the war was over, so would the money be. Trust me, they could do better at the local and state levels, but they just watch it and collect the money to "fight" the war.

Another issue is the open southern border and lack of enforcement of our immigration laws. How many illegals win their passage by being drug mules? How many cities have programs to enable the illegal drug users? Legalizing drugs will not stop the issue, and who is going to the ever growing number of people who choose to use drugs and stay in bed all day!

I have two friends on disability that have severe pain issues, and both used to get the medications with ease, and now, they have to really "work for it" to get any at all.

I am sorry, but for those taking street drugs that might be laced with whatever, I really don't have any sympathy. "You can't fix stupid.", and you certainly can't get your life together and change your direction when you are using illegal drugs.
Very well written.

I would add but I want you to own this reply with dignity and I wouldn’t want to impede.

Old 03-19-2022, 10:03 PM

32,131 posts, read 15,120,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Way to go Brandon!

Bandon is inviting as much fentanyl in to enrich his buddies and kill American....fing Traitor Joe.
No one is to blame for someone's addiction including presidents. It's their own choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies