Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 10:49 PM

6,122 posts, read 3,347,968 times

Advertisements

On the one hand, I’d like the border completely sealed. Fentanyl and other dangerous drugs should not be flowing freely across.

But on the other hand, if you continually put street fentanyl into your body, don’t you deserve whatever happens to you?

If your whole world revolves around your next fix, you shouldn’t exist, and your demise is a positive for society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 11:08 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Somehow we don't seem to have a supply chain issue with illegal drugs...

Old 03-20-2022, 06:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Lacing another drug with highly addictive fentanyl is perhaps an attempt by dealers to hook new customers, or cut a more expensive product.
Lacing Heroin with Fentanyl does not make any sense...dealers can charge more for Fentanyl, since its stronger than heroin, lacing it into heroin would lead to them loosing money.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
On the one hand, I’d like the border completely sealed. Fentanyl and other dangerous drugs should not be flowing freely across.

But on the other hand, if you continually put street fentanyl into your body, don’t you deserve whatever happens to you?

If your whole world revolves around your next fix, you shouldn’t exist, and your demise is a positive for society.
If the illegal drug trade was totally stopped, lots of people would be without a job in this country, and it would have a negative domino effect on law enforcement and the economy eventually...

Police depts and various federal agencies that are tasked with enforcing drug laws, would have nothing to do if the flow of drugs was stopped, local drug arrests would come to a screeching halt...What are dealers going to sell, if there is no supply flowing in?

The drug war, as it is now, is a total waste of time, the DEA is a complete joke, I doubt many employees can sleep at night, (knowing that their career is a big waste of time and a burden on taxpayers), with no benefit...The only positive thing for them, is they are benefiting the guys at the top of the drug cartels...

Those cartel guys love the DEA, its basically an agency set up to cater to foreign criminals and ensure there is a market for them to profit from, its bonkers that taxpayers fund this criminal agency!

Old 03-20-2022, 06:46 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Well, you have the soft on crime and decriminalize drugs crowd, the same crowd who also supports "diversity" which often means more homeless people committing crimes in large cities for these same drugs, and then the government rewards them for this with welfare and handouts, what do you expect is going to happen?

Around by me more people are using meth... why? More knowledge of the existence of these drugs, how to make them I suppose. Society has never been perfect, and will never be perfect. You can look back on a 50 year period of american history with nostalga but our specie's evolution was 2 million years in the making and it's not that the world today is going to hell, rather it's always been hell.... or what you make of it.

The solution to this... stop worrying about what other people are doing. Focus on yourself and how to maximize your happiness.

Last edited by sholomar; 03-20-2022 at 07:49 AM..

Old 03-20-2022, 06:48 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one is to blame for someone's addiction including presidents. It's their own choice.
Traitor Joe Brandon has opened the door to drug dealers bringing in Fentanyl to kill our drug addicted, maybe it's for the best.

Old 03-20-2022, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Traitor Joe Brandon has opened the door to drug dealers bringing in Fentanyl to kill our drug addicted, maybe it's for the best.
Drugs are flowing in the same as they were when Trump was president, Clinton, Bush, etc etc...doesnt matter who is in office, the drug flow never stops or slows down.

This should tell everyone that its beyond the political parties and their differences. Trump was president when I was using, and the funny thing is, not a single day was my 'connections' low or out of supply, (what does that tell you about the supply?)

Old 03-20-2022, 07:51 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Drugs are flowing in the same as they were when Trump was president, Clinton, Bush, etc etc...doesnt matter who is in office, the drug flow never stops or slows down.

This should tell everyone that its beyond the political parties and their differences. Trump was president when I was using, and the funny thing is, not a single day was my 'connections' low or out of supply, (what does that tell you about the supply?)
Even still, Traitor Joe Brandon has managed to up the drug deaths through his policies to record highs as well as totally trump Trump in covid deaths....way to go Brandon

Old 03-20-2022, 02:50 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/03/16/h...nyl/index.html

These perpetually increasing drug deaths represent only one symptom of how unspeakably empty and purposeless our lives have become. A symptom of an endlessly fractured and barely functioning social order. We live in an incredibly and increasingly chaotic, grim, and joyless world- one that man himself has designed through his moral failures, foolishness, and greed. You can feel it in the air- the anxiety, despondency, desperation, exasperation.... this is our lives.
Who would have thunk it?:smac k:

It is a depraved CULTURE and lack of parental GUIDANCE that leads to abuse. The drug is just one of many opportunities for addiction.

Old 03-20-2022, 03:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Another obituary in today's paper of a promising 20something who died from Fentanyl. In lieu of flowers, the obit requests donations for Families Against Fentanyl.

Sad. I've seen so many deaths of young people, and when you google them there aren't articles about car wrecks, or there isn't a plea for donations to a cancer society or kidney foundation.

How many are we losing to this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies