Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 03:24 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times

Advertisements

Another thanks to Biden who has the blood on his hands of over 100,000 people:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/08/polit...ort/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2022, 03:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I see both sides of this. My sister died of a drug overdose. She was a pill addict. My father died of cancer. He could not get pain meds due to the doctor being worried that he was enabling a drug addict which he was not.

What I don't understand is the dealers who use fentanyl or lace the drugs with fentanyl to sell to their end users. Are they not killing the exact people who are regular costumers?
Cutting/ lacing occurs in the US. Obviously some people in the production cycle are better at it than others. An individual’s tolerance built over time, also matters. It’s all about the odds.

No one knows what’s in the product just scored on the street and frankly, many don’t care. Their brain has been rewired to seek and protect their drug of choice at any cost.

No one does their first dose with the intent of getting addicted.

The typical heroin addict is a white, male, early- mid 20’s with a history of poly substance abuse.

Old 03-20-2022, 03:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's what I'm wondering. Why??

I got a reputation comment explaining it was done in China, and then thru Mexico, and 1200RT said that also in this thread, but still why?

Is it purposeful murder?

I'm sorry about your sister and father.
According to DEA, Mexico has overtaken China in the production of illicit Fentanyl.

Heroin ( and other drugs for that matter) are typically cut/ laced in the US. Some within the production cycle do a better job than others.

Junky conspiracy theories include the DEA purposely cutting/ lacing heroin with too much Fentanyl to scare people straight and/ or poor quality product may be laced with Fentanyl both before and after entering the US.

Illegal, undocumented people are rarely mules. Product is more likely buried within the avocado truck, legally entering the US by a driver who likely is unaware of what he is carrying.

So long as the US has a insatiable demand, it will find a way in.

As an aside, Afghanistan is the world’s largest producer of poppies/ heroin and supplies Europe and parts of Asia. 20 years of US occupation did not put a dent in the country’s #1 export. That was no accident.

Old 03-20-2022, 04:01 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
US drug overdose deaths reach another record high as deaths from fentanyl surge

And what's the Federal government's brilliant response? To cut down even further on legal opioids and arrest even more doctors, thereby driving more and more pain victims to the streets to buy illegal ones. Government will never lose a contest in the idiocy department.

Old 03-20-2022, 04:07 PM

864 posts, read 440,330 times
We can’t protect people from themselves so why do we waste so much time trying. Government should provide warnings and information and if people want to ignore them, that’s the risk they take. Why is it someone else’s responsibility to fix them?

Old 03-20-2022, 04:14 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I remembered this interesting article from the local news: https://jcpost.com/posts/61bc6b1d-94...1-2a9cc3f70570

"KANSAS CITY —Law enforcement authorities are investigating after the Kansas City Drug Enforcement Unit intercepted fentanyl brick which could have killed thousands, according to a social media report from KCPD."

A little goes a long way. Seriously, anyone taking street drugs doesn't fall under "survival of the fittest".

Old 03-20-2022, 04:16 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Yet those of us with legitimate chronic pain issues rarely can get pain meds
That has been going on quite a while. I have trigeminal neuralgia, a.k.a. the suicide disease, and fellow sufferers have been struggling for years. Fortunately, anti-seizure medication provides me relief and I take the lowest possible dose as I hate the side effects. I see so many in my groups struggling with incapacitating pain and unable to get help.

Old 03-20-2022, 04:22 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
This problem mostly effects white people so many people either don't care or get quiet satisfaction from it.

Old 03-20-2022, 05:03 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,530,131 times
Imagine the number of deaths if narcan wasn't available? So many articles where emts use narcan on some ODed stoner.

Back when AIDS first became news, I thought the number of illegitimate kids would drop due to people using protection to avoid the virus. But many people never changed their behaviors. So more people got the virus and more kids were born to single moms. It's the same with shady street drugs. It killed a few of your friends. You think that would be enough to scare anyone straight. Nope, dopers gonna dope.

Old 03-20-2022, 05:10 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I so often hear, in a death, that it was "apparently laced with fentanyl, something the user wasn't aware of".

Who is doing that, and why??

These stimulants are often seen in overdoses in which multiple drugs are involved, Keyes said -- sometimes intentionally but other times when adulterated with fentanyl, for example.
I saw in a documentary the drug makers do knowing it's more addictive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies