Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 05:29 PM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Interesting. Perhaps because they are worried about a narrative that would delegitimize the existence or value of LGBTQ people?
Just leave the kids out of it.....let them be kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 05:46 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Agree 100% with 2nd sentence. But that’s not new. The problem here is that the minorities want to be heard and respected. As a female I had to fight my way until I retired. I suffered a lot of criticism. So, no, let them sit back and relax. Time for the LBGTQ community to express their freedom. They have a right, just as we did.
Along with the rights comes the rights of others. Sticks and stones logic still applies, so grow some thicker skin.

Emotionally fragile people make for weak spirits.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:59 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
This kind of stuff is happening more and more often.

Remember when anyone who rejected a COVID vaccine needed to just die? Not just lose their jobs and livelihood, but their lives.

It is extremely frustrating to hear the repetition of "don't say gay" as if that is what the bill is about. It is disingenuous.

Society today is not becoming MORE tolerant, it is becoming SIGNIFICANTLY less tolerant.
The Left always lies in trying to sell anything.
The truth is not their friend in convincing people.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:13 PM

1,699 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
Agree 100% with 2nd sentence. But that’s not new. The problem here is that the minorities want to be heard and respected. As a female I had to fight my way until I retired. I suffered a lot of criticism. So, no, let them sit back and relax. Time for the LBGTQ community to express their freedom. They have a right, just as we did.
No one has the right to trample on parents’ rights nor push their personal agenda on kids (or anyone else for that matter) unless it is the parents of course. Let’s not forget, the vast majority of people are neither gay nor trans. They have rights too.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:27 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
We got gay rights propaganda removed in our plant. I have nothing against gays I'm just tired of the leftists forcing their dogma on the entire population instead of letting people have a choice. Then they'll go and cancel you if you don't assimilate into their collective mindset it's obnoxious. It's about time people started fighting back against any political propaganda in schools or the workplace. Nobody has to think like you do.

Kids are in school to learn facts and adults are in a workplace to do a job. They're not there to be lectured by activist hacks and groomed into adopting some value system especially one that involves taking puberty blockers, pharmaceutical drugs, or surgeries to alter a gender before you even turn 18.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:33 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
We got gay rights propaganda removed in our plant. I have nothing against gays I'm just tired of the leftists forcing their dogma on the entire population instead of letting people have a choice. Then they'll go and cancel you if you don't assimilate into their collective mindset it's obnoxious. It's about time people started fighting back against any political propaganda in schools or the workplace. Nobody has to think like you do.

Kids are in school to learn facts and adults are in a workplace to do a job. They're not there to be lectured by activist hacks and groomed into adopting some value system especially one that involves taking puberty blockers, pharmaceutical drugs, or surgeries to alter a gender before you even turn 18.

Exactly what it is.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:12 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
So they want schools to teach LGBT history.
Fine.
Start with Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:26 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
IMO I think it's pushed on them by government.

Just look at how all companies now have "diversity training".
The government decides and then pushes it out to companies.
They can dictate it internally.
This unfortunately shows how well the political violence committed by BLM and Antifa has worked in forcing the acceptance of their message.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:46 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Sounds like they are and pushing women’s rights aside to do so, liea Thompson is proof of that.

Old 04-06-2022, 02:38 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Mind reading or speculation?

When you are a parent who cares about your kids... then this legislation is a no brainer. In fact I believe that if only parents with 5-8 year old kids were asked, 70-80% would have supported the legislation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And yet you would seem to favor a narrative which overemphasizes the value of life choices TO KINDERGARTEN AGE CHILDREN AS THOSE CHOICES FOCUS ON SEXUAL BEHAVIOR?
OK, good to know where you stand as it pertains to young children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Just leave the kids out of it.....let them be kids.
My concern with this piece of legislation is that exploring families is absolutely a part of early childhood education, and some young children will have family members who are part of the LGBTQ community. The wording in this law is so vague that teachers are placed in a very precarious position if they even recognize a family with gay or lesbian parents. That's unacceptable to me. Teachers work very hard to make the classroom a welcoming place where all children feel comfortable learning. I think it's wrong to make them vulnerable this way. This is a terrible law with far-reaching negative consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies