Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 04:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
To hyper focus on evils makes one so miserable they need to create hoaxes to justify their obsession.

The students who are constantly focusing on everything negative all the time are liberals and miserable. Not all liberals, just the everything is racist students.
See I don't see that. I think that's your perception based on your narrative

So you think that you blindly have to think you are wonderful all the time and no ability to fix things about yourself ever?

Does that truly make you happier than me?

I don't think so.

Here's my thing, I'm happy and have no desire to get into a contest to try and prove to you that I'm happier than you. I hope you are as happy and if you think you are happier...that makes me happy.

I just don't have the time, energy or will to try and figure out why you would not be as happy because you have different political views.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:14 PM

640 posts, read 450,572 times
Lefties -- don't call them liberals -- are generally unhappy because the world does not want to conform to their childish dogmas.

THEY JUST DON'T RECYCLE!
THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE US FREE EDUCATION!
THEY CLING TO THEIR GUNS AND THEIR RELIGION!

I believe the lefties suffer from delusions and are trying to reconcile the reality with their "ideas," which causes deep cognitive dissonance. I've seen these people make the silliest decisions in life, because they don't stand on solid ground.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:16 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,050,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN2RION View Post
Question: Why Liberals are generally Not Happy people

Nah! Untrue.
Totally true.

Liberals ALWAYS BLAME SOMEBODY ELSE FOR THEIR PROBLEMS.

They think if they can KILL OFF several million people their lives would be better.

They did KILL 170 MILLION PEOPLE under Communism and for some reason, their lives didn't get better. Everybody in the Soviet Union was mad about that.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:22 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
Lefties -- don't call them liberals -- are generally unhappy because the world does not want to conform to their childish dogmas.

THEY JUST DON'T RECYCLE!
THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE US FREE EDUCATION!
THEY CLING TO THEIR GUNS AND THEIR RELIGION!

I believe the lefties suffer from delusions and are trying to reconcile the reality with their "ideas," which causes deep cognitive dissonance. I've seen these people make the silliest decisions in life, because they don't stand on solid ground.
Underlying all of this is not the specific points, but it is this general concept: those types (lefties, as you say) lust for power over others. That's what defines them and that is what makes them unhappy if they are not able to exercise such power. The specific points are just their personal preferences and beliefs. But, like I said, the foundation is a lust for power.

They want the power to create individuals forged from their own image. We could take this in a religious direction because it is very similar. It's just that they want to BE God. Not follow any God.

Old 03-25-2022, 04:47 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Antidotal, but having lived in lefty Northern NJ for all my life, now living in a very red state, people are much more pleasant, tolerant, happy, and respectful in my new state.

most of the liberals in my old state were highly emotional people and would get quite upset about Trump. That being said most people in New Jersey or places like California are very stressed out because it’s very competitive in those states and it’s a rat race. i am sure that affects happiness.
Yep. A friend (ex Democrat) moved from New Jersey to the gulf coast of Florida and is so happy now where he is. While he was in NJ, he was personally harassed and his non-political business was targeted because he, a gay Mexican-American, walked away from the Democrats and supported Trump. He loves the people where he lives now in Florida and he has a fabulous dream job/career.

Old 03-25-2022, 06:53 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
By defintion, a conservative likes things the way they are, while a liberal is "free" to change things...If the liberal liked things the way they are, he wouldn't want to change things....ergo-- if you don't like the status quo, you must be unhappy with things. QED.

BTW- the grumpy old man isn't necessarily unhappy. He's quite happy with his lawn. He's unhappy with you for messing it up.
I second all this.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:03 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,481 times
Quote:
By defintion, a conservative likes things the way they are, while a liberal is "free" to change things...If the liberal liked things the way they are, he wouldn't want to change things....ergo-- if you don't like the status quo, you must be unhappy with things. QED.

BTW- the grumpy old man isn't necessarily unhappy. He's quite happy with his lawn. He's unhappy with you for messing it up.
guidoLaMotoz, you summed it up nicely.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
People tend to report cool things that they do, not the lame things. You then wonder why your life isn't full of cool things.

I've seen thousands of students over the years. Hands down, the students who are miserable are SJWs.

Studies across countries show conservatives score more content and happiness.

Once again, if you are happy, there is no need to change the system or preach that everything is an injustice.
I can be. happy and still want to better myself.or the world around me.

Last edited by moneill; 03-25-2022 at 07:17 PM..

Old 03-25-2022, 07:16 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,381,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
When you spend all day raging at the world and telling yourself you are a terrible victim OR a terrible oppressor ... I mean , who wouldn't be happy? Both sides of liberalism are miserable.
Oh, I thought 'Pubs were the ones feeling oppressed and victimized these days...you know, with the "Steal", an' all! Certainly they don't seem very happy on HERE! ha

Quote:

Yeah - but he's unhappy ALL the time because every little thing "messes it up"!

Old 03-25-2022, 07:17 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
People tend to report cool things that they do, not the lame things. You then wonder why your life isn't full of cool things.

I've seen thousands of students over the years. Hands down, the students who are miserable are SJWs.

Studies across countries show conservatives score more content and happiness.

Once again, if you are happy, there is no need to change the system or preach that everything is an injustice.
Say what?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabe...h=7e839b135d5a

"Conservative countries are the happiest"????? I don thin so Lucy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies