Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 10:31 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
I've been around quite awhile....over 70 years to date and spent plenty of time around and have even hired transgendered people in my engineering/manufacturing business. All, without exception, had significant mental issues and really "struggled" to function. Very few lasted on the job more than a couple months. At no time did I ever witness that they were treated inappropriately.

I guess you have a different perspective of normal than do I! (Normal: conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected).
I’ve worked all over and we are all dysfunctional in one way or another. However, by the time they are old enough to work for you, damage might have been done. This is the point, that kids or young people be accepted for who they are. We treat them like misfits, and I’m sure it causes all types of damage into adulthood.

Old 12-16-2022, 11:24 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,747,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
You are so blinded by your ideology all you can do is instinctively call my views "homophobic". The funny thing is I never expressed any views on transgenderism or homosexuality in my post... I actually said nothing about any of it. I simply used the same logic you were using in your transgender argument on racism. Now apparently my views on racism are homophobic. What happened was off topic not good enough? Have we upgraded now to homophobic? I'm betting this post is probably racist also.

Anyways unless you have anything of actual substance to contribute I'll stop now. It feels like child abuse or something.
When one can't win an argument one resorts to name calling

Old 12-17-2022, 01:06 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
I really dont care about this transgender stuff one way or the other. What I dont care for is making the public carry their baggage, and want to change the environment to their life style. live your life whatever it may be. Keep it to yourself, because really, No one cares about your life style.
According to liberals, you have to care about transgenders and change your environment to their lifestyle.

Otherwise, you are transphobic and a bigot.

Old 12-17-2022, 05:39 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,146,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
According to liberals, you have to care about transgenders and change your environment to their lifestyle.

Otherwise, you are transphobic and a bigot.
Then I an transphobic and I'll add that I am homophobic as well. I don't hate the people, but I do hate the sin.

Old 12-17-2022, 06:42 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,346,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Everyone is aware of the surging "transgender" movement, especially when it comes to children wishing to change their gender identity.

My question is thus: Is this a modern-day fad, part of political tribalism that's pervasive in our society, or is it something that's really happening to our children? By that, I mean, is it a real thing that more and more children are really born into the "wrong body," something that hasn't happened in all of human history?

I've heard theories that plastics and other pollutants are causing a blurring of the genders, with large numbers of children being born who are not really one gender or the other, but more in between. Hence, the "identity shifting" that we see so much today.

I have no idea if this is true or not, and I sincerely hope that all of this is simply a popular fad, which will soon die out.

What are your opinions on this matter?
First, transgenderism isn't "truly frightening". It isn't even mildly discomforting.
I think there are several things that make it seem like the transgender movement is "surging".
1) Media attention. Focusing on something completely out of proportion to it's actual significance is a time honored tradition employed by the media. In short, click-bait.
2) Advances in LGBTQ+ acceptance has made many folks much more comfortable in being candid about their sexual proclivities. In the not-to-distance past, the social stigma associated with transgenderism caused many people stay in the closet.
3) There is probably a small contingent of people who think it's cool, but not nearly enough make it a "fad".

IMHO, transgenderism is just people being free to do what they want. Once the novelty wears off, the media will stop obsessing over it.

Old 12-17-2022, 08:29 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
.....<snipped>....Kids want to do all sorts of things that are not good for them when they're young and it's the job of the parents to guide them to make the right decisions but these parents just want to let the kids do what they feel like doing in the moment which is the opposite of what a parent is supposed to be doing.....<snipped>.....

A relative of mine has a daughter that just a few years ago, at age 14, decided she wanted to be a boy and insisted that everyone address her as a him by his new chosen name. Her parents are divorced. The mother wanted to consent to immediate hormone therapy in anticipation of gender reassigment surgery to happen as soon as possible. The father vehemently disagreed and told his daughter that as soon as she turns 18, if she still wants to surgically, permanently transition, then father will be open to hearing all sides. Until then, dad will respect her choice of dress, etc., but any hope of hormone therapy & surgery is off the table.

Daughter is now a few months from her 17th birthday and has decided to remain as female & no longer identifies by her temporary (masculine) name. As she explains it, it "just isn't that important anymore" to her as it was a couple years ago.

Point being, kudos to dad for not giving in to daughter and mother. A teenager is still developing physically, emotionally, intellectually. None of that should be compromised by a permanent decision that may later be deemed foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies