Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 06:47 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Since humans are male or female I guess non-binary means a person is no longer human?
They’re still human. Remember that gender is a completely made up idea. A person almost always has a biological sex.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 04-07-2022, 06:48 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
We can add, " and without getting the Parent's consent or even informing them"

Are people really ok with this?

This is where the " Not my business, live and let live"( which I agree with) reaction hits a bump.

You can say it never happens. Cool. But given this above situation, would you ok with that?

Chime in, folks.
There's another thread about anti-pedo vigilance.

Yet it's clear a large number of people want schools get a free pass to groom students. And, yes 'groom' is an ugly word. But that's what it is.

Why do sexual adults feel like their rights are violated when sexual behavior cannot be discussed with CHILDREN? Does that even make sense? Only to a pedophile. Who wants to groom 5 year olds.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:52 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Since humans are male or female I guess non-binary means a person is no longer human?
I think what they mean by non-binary is some combination of male and female traits.

Such as a boy who likes to wear dresses and put on makeup but is also a wrestler. Something like that.

But I'm not sure exactly since all humans are male or female.

Old 04-07-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think what they mean by non-binary is some combination of male and female traits.

Such as a boy who likes to wear dresses and put on makeup but is also a wrestler. Something like that.
Well, then he's a boy who likes to wear dresses and makeup. That's easy enough to understand by anyone with a few brain cells to rub together.

If someone likes milk, it doesn't make them ice cream.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:05 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Well, then he's a boy who likes to wear dresses and makeup. That's easy enough to understand by anyone with a few brain cells to rub together.

If someone likes milk, it doesn't make them ice cream.
In any case, only a very small percentage of people actually don't identify with their biological sex. The liberals make it seem like it is much more widespread than it actually is.

Sometimes, fads become popular for a time and then almost disappear - like punk hairdos and clothing did in the 1980s.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:19 AM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In any case, only a very small percentage of people actually don't identify with their biological sex. The liberals make it seem like it is much more widespread than it actually is.

Sometimes, fads become popular for a time and then almost disappear - like punk hairdos and clothing did in the 1980s.
I see a difference here in that those punk hairdos, emo, and hair band stuff was a way for the teens do do what they do best, rebel. But it was started by the teens and kept there.

No teacher or State was pushing guidance on promoting that stuff.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:14 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That's a load of bullsh--. When I came out, I lost my family, all but two of my friends, my home, my church community, everything. I had to move to a place I had never even heard of before, and start my life completely over. The rest of what you posted is bullsh-- too.
Is it though? In the echo chamber of the Far Left, you're a celebrity, even though I have no clue what you "came out" as. You deviated from social norms held for millennia, therefore you are a hero.

I have no doubt that people on the Right rejected you for your lifestyle choices and/or sexual predispositions, but not knowing your story, it's impossible to say. Did this happen recently? Was it decades ago? There has been a significant shift across all of American society. For lack of a specific example, let's say you came out as gay in 1995. Yes, at that time you'd have been widely rejected, denounced and all the things. These days, only the most passionate of religious Right folks are willing to be like that, because hating on homosexuality has become a massive taboo everywhere in society. Society shifted so massively that -- though you will no doubt give the man zero credit for it -- a standing Republican president named Donald Trump was openly and unapologetically pro-gay rights and against hating on people for those sorts of things. For better or for worse, churches have almost universally switched from "pray the gay out of you" attitudes, to being extremely tolerant and welcoming. It was way back in 2001 when a couple of friends of ours were married by a gay Protestant minister, for example, and that was in super-red state Utah. You are not doomed to be a social outcast for whatever it is.

The Far Left will love and adore you. For them, the demonic unforgivable evil scourge that must be purged from society immediately: Conservative white heterosexual men, especially those who are Christians. The levels of persecution, censorship, hate, vitriol and intolerance against this demographic is astounding. Even a fanatic feminist who dared tweet, "But men aren't women though" got permanently banned and silenced within today's public square that is social media.

Not sure how you missed it, but the world got flipped on its head. Black is white, up is down, short is long, and bad is good. Teachers who are supposed to be teaching our little kids their letters, numbers, shapes, colors and how to read and write are actively grooming them into transgender, gay, or whichever of the 1000's of made up genders or identities that they so passionately belief in. Everything I said is true. Parents get virtuousness points for have a transgender child. I've seen it first hand. Attention seeking children will glom onto the transgender fad because it makes them feel important and gets them a lot of attention. Again, I've seen it first hand.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That's a load of bullsh--. When I came out, I lost my family, all but two of my friends, my home, my church community, everything. I had to move to a place I had never even heard of before, and start my life completely over. The rest of what you posted is bullsh-- too.
Also, to be more brief, you are not a social outcast with nowhere to turn to, am I correct? A rather giant swath of society was waiting in the wings to accept, congratulate, support and adore you. You are not an outcast who has no place anywhere in society and must wander the streets begging from food, doomed to ultimately starve to death for deviating from established norms of gender or sexuality or whatever. But by all means, do correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:54 AM

17,306 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Good observation.

"We used to “correct” kids who were left-handed - through violence, shame or “guidance” on how to be right handed. And so there seemed to be very few left handers. Then we stopped, & with no shaming there was a seemingly rapid rise. Then a plateau. This is a tweet about trans kids"
https://twitter.com/benphillips76/st...34513776025602
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ft-handedness/

Old 04-07-2022, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Good observation.

"We used to “correct” kids who were left-handed - through violence, shame or “guidance” on how to be right handed. And so there seemed to be very few left handers. Then we stopped, & with no shaming there was a seemingly rapid rise. Then a plateau. This is a tweet about trans kids"
https://twitter.com/benphillips76/st...34513776025602
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ft-handedness/
Was being left-handed a mental illness?

Not. Even. Close. I could post so much here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies