Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2022, 10:26 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
That would be a civil suit not criminal. You haven't provided anything from TX law to show that 'it's a crime to drive someone across the border to get an abortion'.
It may not be a Texas "law", but it certainly is in effect. And allowed and abetted by the State of Texas. Seriously, you're splitting hairs.

Oh, and just so you know, Missouri wants to stop it's women from getting an abortion - any abortion, anywhere.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...souri-00018539

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You can rationalize all you want and use idiotic double speak, made up definitions that mean nothing from a biologic perspective.

It's still killing a baby no matter what 'justification' you use.
Well, it's not your immortal soul that's in jeopardy. So why do you care? Step aside and let whatever god you believe in do his job.

Let me ask you, if you were a woman with an unintended pregnancy that threatened your life, would you have an abortion or take a chance on dying while giving birth?

If you chose the abortion, that makes you a hypocrite. It means you're for abortion; you just want to pick and choose which abortions women should have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
welp, so much for the OP's hoped-for 'handmaid's tale' scenario.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-abortion.html
I am not disappointed, believe me. The thing is, the murder charge is dropped but now it remains to be seen if this woman can be sued for having an abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I'm curious what your reaction would be if you had a beautiful and bright 15 year old daughter who came to you one day and said something like "Dad, I hate to break the news to you, but I'm pregnant"?

Would you tell her "That's tough sh*t young girl. You made the mistake, so you'll have to live with it"?

Or would you think that maybe an abortion would be appropriate so that she could continue her education and wait a few more years until she is more mature and has a decent job so that she could support herself and any children that she might have after that?

Or, perhaps you would enjoy seeing her spend her life working at minimum wage jobs and trying to raise your grandchild on the wages of a waitress?
Ask her how she'd feel starting all over raising her granddaughter.

--------------

For all you men and women complaining that women need to use birth control, I have three questions for you.

1) You are aware that all birth control has a failure rate, right?

2) Are you also aware that not every woman who becomes pregnant is a teen girl or a woman who "doesn't keep her legs closed"?

Many, many abortions are performed on married women who don't feel the time is right for them to have a baby. So

3) how many of you are willing to be completely abstinent in your marriage except when you want a child? Because let's face it, if birth control can fail for a teen girl, it can fail for you, too.

I also have another question for you forced birthers: why in the world aren't you protesting against IVF and the hundreds of embryos that get destroyed by fertility clinics?

Old 04-10-2022, 10:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:

Many people who are imprisoned for many different crimes have kids at home, should we just abolish prisons so that they can be at home with their kids too? How about we just abolish the justice system, as blm wants to do, so that no one who has kids at home will ever be charged?
I wouldn't be surprised that the majority of women with children who commit serious crime worthy of prison time are not fit mothers. Their kids may be more glad than sad on the day when their mother goes to prison. Like it or not, I don't see it as morally right and just to put a woman, who thinks she has all the kids she can afford, in prison because she got an abortion after her efforts at birth control failed.

Old 04-10-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Why should the government have anything to do with preventing pregnancies? How about INDIVIDUALS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR BODIES? This seems like such a foreign concept to the left.
Yet, don't you on the right quite passionately support putting women in prison who get abortions for failing to take individual responsibility? And it certainly doesn't matter if they have a bunch of kids at home.

Old 04-10-2022, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The restriction is on not killing someone else. The woman can have sex 50 times a day with 50 different men if she wants.

Just make sure she uses birth control.
Just make sure she uses birth control? Oh, would you like to be a chaperone for dates of couples who want to have sex but not babies? Better be present to call a halt to the action should the condom slip off. Or is there no way you would want to chaperone like that? Neither would I, since the couple's sex lives are none of my business.

Old 04-10-2022, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
The notable tidbit I got out of this update is that Idaho's new law fashioned on the Texas heartbeat law allows the relatives of rapists to sue if a rape victim aborts a resulting fetus. Charming.
I can't believe the majority of women in any state would support that. Surely males composed it.

Old 04-10-2022, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Perhaps people should take personal responsibility for their actions. Remember, the man has just as much responsibility to the child as the woman does. Interesting that the pro choice people these days think that all the duty and responsibility should fall on the woman and the man should have no accountability except for paying child support. Most abortions have nothing to do with a woman's safety. When people try to use disability as an excuse, what they're really saying is that disabled people have less worth than able bodied people due to the fact they might have a harder life than able bodied people. Do you support aborting poor people so that they don't have to suffer poverty. Outside of the abortions that are actually based on a threat to the woman's life, most of this boils down to people not wanting to shoulder the consequences of their own decisions. Just because she chose to self-induce an abortion doesn't mean her health and safety were in danger if she didn't. They became a threat when she chose to self induce. People overdose from drugs. That doesn't mean they'll die or be severely hurt if they don't do drugs.
Since when did people who want abortion banned want males to take responsibility for spreading their sperm and causing unwanted pregnancies leading to abortions?

Maybe you strongly support putting women in prison who get abortions for failure to take responsibility.

If you support a law forcing women to give birth against their will how could this law be enforced?

Old 04-11-2022, 05:47 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
No one is saying it's 100% effective.

Even though it's not 100% effective, you seem to fail to realize that using BC works far better than not using it.
NSS...what you fail to realize is that abortions happen when BC doesn't work...even when you use it.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:03 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
I don't get the left's fetish for the handmaiden's tale. It's like they don't understand that it is a work of fiction made by a fellow leftist. It's not reality and alluding to it is not profound or clever. Your ideological rivals seem like a caricature in that story because they literally are.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Apparently some women, like you, don't understand that birth control (even using multiple methods) isn't 100% effective. Pretty basic biological fact.

That's not a matter of stupidity but ignorance of how birth control works and how it doesn't - figure it out.
95% of abortions are because women weren't using birth control at all or used it incorrectly.

But it is a matter of stupidity. And it's like pro abortion people gleefully support abortions rather then say ... Yes, abortions could have been prevented had WOMEN taken some basic responsibility.

Adoption is a great option.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:08 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you support a law forcing women to give birth against their will how could this law be enforced?
Rape accounts for only 0.3% of all abortions. 95% of all unintended pregnancies are the result of lack of or incorrect/inconsistent use of birth control. No one is "forcing" them to give birth. They voluntarily opted into that outcome when they deliberately chose to have unprotected sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies