Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2022, 12:00 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Does it really matter if he's right or wrong - the subject is late term abortion and whether you side with it or not.
I thought the subject was being arrested for self induced abortion.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:00 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Always idiotic when non religious people start using what they THINK are religious arguments.

They fail miserably.
Except, I truly know what I am talking about. Need chapter and verse?

Old 04-11-2022, 12:01 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Doctors are often wrong. And up killing healthy babies.

Aside from the fact you are arguing the wrong point. The statement the poster was making was that late-term abortion are necessary to save the life of MOTHER.

Do you know what a late term abortion is?

The doctor injects a drug into the HEART of the baby. To kill the baby. The mother is given drugs to induce labor so she can "expel" the dead baby into a toilet. Then expel the placenta. This process takes DAYS.

The other way to "perform" a late term abortion is for the "doctor" to dismember the baby ALIVE in the womb and pull out the body parts 1 by 1 until there is nothing left. It is a painstaking and time-consuming process because no biological matter, AKA baby body parts, can be left behind for fear of infection. And the mother still has to deliver the placenta.

Again: It is quicker, easier and safer to perform a C-section. C-sections take MINUTES. And in a life threatening emergency, which do you think a doctor is going to do?

Needless to say, a "life-threatening emergency" in a pregnant woman does not end up as a late-term abortion. For the reasons above.
And you want the government to decide that none of these or other methods should ever be done. You and the government who have NO IDEA WHAT THE MEDICAL PROBLEM IS, nor do YOU OR THE GOVERNMENT know the best solution in each individual case.

BTW, I do not believe a late term abortion person is sent home to deliver the fetus in the toilet. Also, that "story" about dismembering a late term fetus was debunked long ago.

I respect that you think differently than I do, but let's keep the horrendous fake stories out of the discussion please.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:02 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
If a woman's facing a life-threatening medical emergency, there is no law that states: Do not treat her.

Please link to it, if any states have such a law as I'm unaware of their existence.

No doctor would EVER perform a late term abortion to SAVE a woman's life. A c-section is much quicker and less risky to the woman.

But then, the baby lives ... so ...
That is up to the doctor, and the woman, to decide. Not some law. There is NO reason for a law to prescribe a medical decision.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
95% of abortions are because women weren't using birth control at all or used it incorrectly.

But it is a matter of stupidity. And it's like pro abortion people gleefully support abortions rather then say ... Yes, abortions could have been prevented had WOMEN taken some basic responsibility.

Adoption is a great option.
Then instead of complain about it all the time, how do you get a lot more couples to use birth control, since you think it's a matter of stupidity? I would suggest requiring ways of birth control be taught in high school. Parents can request an opt out.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Rape accounts for only 0.3% of all abortions. 95% of all unintended pregnancies are the result of lack of or incorrect/inconsistent use of birth control. No one is "forcing" them to give birth. They voluntarily opted into that outcome when they deliberately chose to have unprotected sex.
Then would you support prison time for women found guilty of getting abortions? If so, would 10 years be enough?

Old 04-11-2022, 12:07 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then instead of complain about it all the time, how do you get a lot more couples to use birth control, since you think it's a matter of stupidity? I would suggest requiring ways of birth control be taught in high school. Parents can request an opt out.
I don't think it's a matter of stupidity.

That's the pro abortion argument.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:12 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
And you want the government to decide that none of these or other methods should ever be done. You and the government who have NO IDEA WHAT THE MEDICAL PROBLEM IS, nor do YOU OR THE GOVERNMENT know the best solution in each individual case.

BTW, I do not believe a late term abortion person is sent home to deliver the fetus in the toilet. Also, that "story" about dismembering a late term fetus was debunked long ago.

I respect that you think differently than I do, but let's keep the horrendous fake stories out of the discussion please.
See post #298 for under oath testimony by an abortion clinic worker.

It's EXACTLY what happens. There are many many MANY sources that verify this. You just won't find these stories in the NYT.

And if anyone actually bothered to investigate this dark and depraved subject they would know that what I posted was true.

But they don't. They literally know nothing. And refuse to admit that they know nothing. So they refuse to learn.

Investigate. Prove me wrong beyond saying 'oh that's not true'. Look up abortion clinics that perform late term abortions. Tell us all how they do it. Call them. Ask. See what they tell you.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Without knowing anything, you claim that the majority of women in prison are unfit mothers and that their kids are glad their mothers are in prison? wow.
Rather than counter speculate, prove me wrong.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Arrested on Friday on a murder charge even though the Texas penal code says an expectant mother can't be charged, released on Monday. This woman is owed an explanation, I hope she wins sues the staate.
Probably more horror stories to come. But hopefully the upside will make more women see how they need to take action to overcome these unjust anti-abortion laws. In some Red States they have the right to as much as petition for a vote to put the right to abortion in the state constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies