Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2022, 06:57 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
After reading a couple of articles I have been wondering if she gave some home brewed concoction that she claimed would cause abortion to a late term pregnant woman and it killed the woman.
Possibly but someone would have needed to report this and have first hand knowledge, I would hope that police wouldn't arrest someone based on someone's claim.

Besides an indictment for murder still makes little sense according to the Texas penal code.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:03 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Possibly but someone would have needed to report this and have first hand knowledge, I would hope that police wouldn't arrest someone based on someone's claim.

Besides an indictment for murder still makes little sense according to the Texas penal code.
I’m against this law to be clear and want a woman to be able to choose to abort or not, safely and legally, through all stages of the pregnancy.

But police arrest people based on he said/she said all the time. Especially in cases of domestic abuse. I don’t know the details here but since she went to a hospital they may have documented something, like a drug she took.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Nope. I read that post as saying that men need to be more proactive in the discussion of what BC methods to use. In fact, I'm a advocate of having a full discussion prior to the 1st sexual encounter as to how pregnancy will be prevented, and if an accidental pregnancy happens anyway, what the game plan will be going forward.

It's not a "sexy" topic, though, which is why so many unintended pregnancies happen.

My contribution to that discussion would be simple - we're not making a baby, so we're not having PIV intercourse. Don't like that, sir? See ya!
Why would a woman have sex with a man who refuses to wear a condom when she ASKS HIM TO? No one is saying men should not use condoms. Of course they should.

The question is: Why are women having sex with no BC to protect them?

--signed a female who is against abortion who believes women are SMART enough to understand how to use BC correctly

Old 04-10-2022, 08:08 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
One account I read was that she bought meds in Mexico to self induce an abortion but the baby was born alive and died shortly after due to the effects of the medication.

Don’t know if this is just rumor or truth though, very few details have been officially released.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
One account I read was that she bought meds in Mexico to self induce an abortion but the baby was born alive and died shortly after due to the effects of the medication.

Don’t know if this is just rumor or truth though, very few details have been officially released.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...tion-bill.html

If that's true, it is probably why we have this going on in California. Legalizing infant deaths.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:21 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
She’s been arrested for murder.

Are women that have miscarriages going to have to prove that it was a spontaneous natural abortion or run the risk of being charged for murder for self inducing?

Is that where this is headed?

Not attempting a slippery slope fallacy, but this is a terrible precedent, and all women of child bearing age should be horrified.
A self induced abortion is NOT a miscarriage.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...tion-bill.html

If that's true, it is probably why we have this going on in California. Legalizing infant deaths.
CA’s law is really extreme.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:50 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Most late term abortions are planned and wanted babies that will be born severely disabled with conditions that are incompatible with life.
Oh boy. I'll bet you were taken to task over this claim, and rightly so.

Old 04-10-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Oh boy. I'll bet you were taken to task over this claim, and rightly so.
I've noticed no one who ever claims this knows any statistics or basic information about what it means.

They literally have no idea what they are talking about.

Old 04-10-2022, 10:48 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I’m against this law to be clear and want a woman to be able to choose to abort or not, safely and legally, through all stages of the pregnancy.

But police arrest people based on he said/she said all the time. Especially in cases of domestic abuse. I don’t know the details here but since she went to a hospital they may have documented something, like a drug she took.
Yes in domestic abuse cases certainly not in murder cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies