Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does anybody feel the standard of living is dropping?
Yes 160 77.67%
No 44 21.36%
I don’t know. 2 0.97%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 06:28 PM

10,134 posts, read 7,803,134 times

Advertisements

This group of idiots at the White House want everyone poor so they can own us and put us all on government welfare. Things will only get worse. They don't care to improve anything they've failed at.

They will double down on making us poor because they only have 2 and a half more years to destroy our country and the American citizens. Can you imagine how bad it will be before we can vote them all out? It's so sad that we're in this situation.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 04-09-2022 at 06:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 06:31 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,259,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold only.

Are you telling us that you don't care about lumber prices?

Or

Are you telling us you just don't care and you are so rich, that you just don't care?
I worked fifty years so I could afford to retire comfortably, and I did. I recommend it highly. You don't have to be rich to afford to build a house, BTW.

18,508 posts, read 9,185,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
A liberal government creates the poor... gives them breadcrumbs for votes and then creates more poverty,,,

Its quite obvious that the more you rely on the government, the more they can control your life.
It’s better to have people rely on private sector employers. It’s better to have private sector employers control our lives.

26,660 posts, read 13,776,282 times
I see dramatic increases in food prices, gas prices, electricity and gas prices. Our dollars definitely do not go as far as they used to. Inflation is taking it’s toll.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:34 PM

20,165 posts, read 9,069,121 times
We have the richest poor people in the world.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:36 PM

4,680 posts, read 4,999,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I worked fifty years so I could afford to retire comfortably, and I did. I recommend it highly. You don't have to be rich to afford to build a house, BTW.
And you don't have to be rich to sound like a jerk, either, evidently.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:40 PM

4,530 posts, read 4,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
We have the richest poor people in the world.
I dunno depends how you measure “rich”. Even rickshaw drivers in India wear khaki pants and own a cellphone.

If your measure of “rich poor” is that they’ve got a cellphone, internet access, a vehicle and tv then much if not most of the third world meets this criteria too.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:41 PM

18,850 posts, read 8,503,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
The more the value of the dollar erodes... the more your standard of living will drop..

In due time... id say in this decade... more and more countries will stop using dollars...

More and more countries will stop sending their goods here for a weak dollar....

and more and more debt will be racked up...

The US is irresponsible at being the world reserve currency and quite frankly ...We do not deserve the status any more...

The good ol days of printing fiat and sending it for commodities are over.. We are broke
Be careful in that you don't confuse US inflation with the global relative value of the USD. Many things can affect US inflation and global value. They can be related, but they are not the same. The value of the USD has not changed much in 30 years.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/dxy

The is no one up to the task of taking over the role of the USD in the world at this time. A generation ago many of us thought China might move, and they have barely. They may not want that job in the first place.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:43 PM

18,850 posts, read 8,503,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It takes time and patience. IMO today's inflation is a temporary blip. Significant, but temporary. IMO we will not revisit the '70's where significant inflation was long lasting.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:45 PM

4,415 posts, read 1,713,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
For the first time in decades, I feel my standard of living is slipping fast. My money doesn’t go as far as before, and everything is more expensive. For example, avocado at Costco used to be 5.99-6.99 for 6, and I buy them almost weekly. Now it’s 8.49, a price I have never seen.

Thank you so much, Democrats!
I don’t feel like my standard of living is dropping at all. I make more money than ever, have the biggest retirement fund in my life (which is a pretty low bar, lol), an “emergency” savings account, no debt but a mortgage and student loans, am able to buy things I couldn’t afford in the past, and will have my student loans gone in about a year. All things considered, I’m living my best life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies