Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does anybody feel the standard of living is dropping?
Yes 160 77.67%
No 44 21.36%
I don’t know. 2 0.97%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 06:46 PM

26,584 posts, read 15,153,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Correct. And it’s all Joe Biden’s fault.
You were busted for the partisan you are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 06:46 PM

18,870 posts, read 8,518,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
We have the richest poor people in the world.
This is what liberal gov'ts do. And standards of living is one very big reason why they get all those votes.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:47 PM

10,163 posts, read 7,823,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
For the bottom 99%, it’s been dropping for decades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I see dramatic increases in food prices, gas prices, electricity and gas prices. Our dollars definitely do not go as far as they used to. Inflation is taking it’s toll.
And we have a recession around the corner. I hate these idiots. I never ever worried about a thing with Trump. The economy was great. My stocks were all doing great, I never worried about nuclear war. I felt very safe.

Now everything is opposite and we are being invaded by illegals that get gifts to come over and invade us and bring their drugs and crime.

I have no use for these anti American people in the White House. They shoud be removed.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:48 PM

21,201 posts, read 19,815,199 times
It's part of the plan. Make the cost of living so high that people beg the ruling elite to help them. Then the ruling elite can fully implement communism and enrich themselves

Old 04-09-2022, 06:49 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold only.

Are you telling us that you don't care about lumber prices?

Or

Are you telling us you just don't care and you are so rich, that you just don't care?
They’re trying to deflect from skyrocketing Bidenflation, as it was stable until Sleepy Joe took over.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:50 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,276,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
And you don't have to be rich to sound like a jerk, either, evidently.
If you aren't making enough to handle it, get a better job. Problem solved.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So after all of that planning, saving and investing, you still have to "hope"
Oh, absolutely! Almost everyone will be a significant 'victim' of simple bad timing at some point in their life. Whether it be investing or just bad timing with some major purchase. And then of course we all hope to reap gains from some positive serendipity as well.

For instance the simple timing of when you start to save and invest can have enormous effect on your future standard of living.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:51 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,276,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
It takes time and patience. IMO today's inflation is a temporary blip. Significant, but temporary. IMO we will not revisit the '70's where significant inflation was long lasting.
We won't see ten percent interest rates on passbook accounts again for a long time. They were very good to me while they lasted.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:57 PM

4,434 posts, read 1,725,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If you aren't making enough to handle it, get a better job. Problem solved.
This is what GOPers have said for years when people were fighting for higher wages. I work in education, and have heard this for years. Well, sounds like the GOP needs to take it’s own advice.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I don’t feel like my standard of living is dropping at all. I make more money than ever, have the biggest retirement fund in my life (which is a pretty low bar, lol), an “emergency” savings account, no debt but a mortgage and student loans, am able to buy things I couldn’t afford in the past, and will have my student loans gone in about a year. All things considered, I’m living my best life.
Inflationary periods affects us all, but far from everyone is suffering. For instance if your business is in a position to raise prices and yet still meet demands, you can be golden. If you recently sold your house, you could be golden. All of course temporary, but so will be this inflation IMO. After all, much of inflation is a redistribution of income and money.

Are you in a business that is booming as the Pandemic ends and people are now demanding more of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies