Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2022, 11:05 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He gets more right than CNN and MSNBC combined by a long shot but he was dead wrong on Sandy Hook.
he got a lot wrong

he even pushed the leftist C.T. of 911 was an inside job, and that a missile hit the pentagon, and the no-plane theory at WTC

Old 04-20-2022, 11:20 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
he got a lot wrong

he even pushed the leftist C.T. of 911 was an inside job, and that a missile hit the pentagon, and the no-plane theory at WTC
He pushes every conspiracy on the right and most of those are total baloney.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rollingstone isn't exactly known for accuracy.

They're pointing to SALES but kinda sorta handwaving that he "made" (as in profited) by that amount.
Rolling Stone is quoting Huffpost. Not saying they are better or worse on accurate reporting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not privy to how much actual profit the store may have made, plenty of businesses with 56mil in annual sales don't turn much of a profit, especially after bleeding legal costs.

No fan of Alex Jones, just clarifying.

He's still going to be around, he'll just form another company etc. and do the same blathering for his fan base about the UN invasion of Texas lol.
I do understand that gross sales and net profit are two different things. I used to listen to his show occasionally back a decade ago. He show is a mix of his political rantings and a infomercial for his products, so there is no outside marketing expense and stuff is pricey. I don't know where he gets these products from. I used to sell products in the health food industry. Lots of private label supplement manufacturers can take a stock product and label it for Jones with a catchy name and he can sell it for several times more than in a store and no one would know. Not saying he is doing that but it would be really expensive to formulate and manufacture your own products so I doubt that is what he is doing.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:55 AM

1,346 posts, read 474,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Alex Jones Raked in $165 Million Over Three Years Selling Supplements and Prepper Gear

Jones raked in a lot of money over the years to just have $50k at this point. Either he is really bad at business or really good at hiding his proceeds. From what I understand he and infowars were sued. I am sure that having infowars go bankrupt solves all his problems.

CNN which I cannot stand has about a million viewers in prime time. I think you are speaking of CNN+ which has about 10,000 paid subscribers. Clearly that was a bad idea. They have a strong liberal bias but propaganda just because they have a lousy streaming service? No.
Alex Jones doesn't have millions of cash dollars hidden somewhere in a depository for personal use. According to the man himself he mortgaged his previous home to finance his broadcasting organisation. Right now they have 3 million dollars or less which is going to fund Info Wars.

In addition the lawsuits have apparently been whittled down to just a few where, if you believe what he and the legal attorneys have said who have read the documents, he's been dealing with personal 8th amendment violations and is apparently not allowed to talk about the 1st amendment during the litigation. Go figure.

If you're curious then here's a link pertaining to recent events with Alex Jones.

How exactly has CNN deviated from the mainstream approved narrative? They're certainly not exhibiting journalistic integrity. Yes, Info Wars has a bent towards the conservative side but they're generally providing what seems like most news outlets won't acknowledge or touch upon.

Old 04-20-2022, 12:49 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
He pushes every conspiracy on the right and most of those are total baloney.
he pushes every conspiracy he can think of, and while most may fall to what is considered to be the right, he also pushes those that fall on the left

he is just a nut job, plain and simple

Old 04-20-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
Alex Jones doesn't have millions of cash dollars hidden somewhere in a depository for personal use. According to the man himself he mortgaged his previous home to finance his broadcasting organisation. Right now they have 3 million dollars or less which is going to fund Info Wars.

In addition the lawsuits have apparently been whittled down to just a few where, if you believe what he and the legal attorneys have said who have read the documents, he's been dealing with personal 8th amendment violations and is apparently not allowed to talk about the 1st amendment during the litigation. Go figure.

If you're curious then here's a link pertaining to recent events with Alex Jones.
Who knows with Alex Jones. He has been on the radio since 1995. 27 years. Sold probably hundreds of millions in his products yet has little to show for it. Hard to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
How exactly has CNN deviated from the mainstream approved narrative? They're certainly not exhibiting journalistic integrity. Yes, Info Wars has a bent towards the conservative side but they're generally providing what seems like most news outlets won't acknowledge or touch upon.
I never said they deviated from anything. Most of their content is not hard news. Its commentary from the various show hosts and guests. Essentially entertainment which is a reason most of them have "show" in the title. Sure they have an agenda. Is it propaganda? If it is then everything that is not hard news is propaganda.

Regarding Alex Jones. On infowars.com now the lead story is this.

The Collapse of Netflix Signals the END of the NWO Thought Police’s Stranglehold on Humanity

That is certainly not news. Netflix did not collapse. They lost overall membership for the first time in a decade and the stock dropped big because of it. And are they part of a NWO thought police? Come on that is just silly talk.

Anyone who gets their factual information from Infowars or CNN is an fool.

Old 04-20-2022, 01:13 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Infowars isn’t going anywhere. The left can only tear down and destroy.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:02 PM

1,346 posts, read 474,417 times
Quote:
Who knows with Alex Jones. He has been on the radio since 1995. 27 years. Sold probably hundreds of millions in his products yet has little to show for it. Hard to believe.

I never said they deviated from anything. Most of their content is not hard news. Its commentary from the various show hosts and guests. Essentially entertainment which is a reason most of them have "show" in the title. Sure they have an agenda. Is it propaganda? If it is then everything that is not hard news is propaganda.

Regarding Alex Jones. On infowars.com now the lead story is this.

The Collapse of Netflix Signals the END of the NWO Thought Police’s Stranglehold on Humanity

That is certainly not news. Netflix did not collapse. They lost overall membership for the first time in a decade and the stock dropped big because of it. And are they part of a NWO thought police? Come on that is just silly talk.

Anyone who gets their factual information from Infowars or CNN is an fool.
The deplatforming from Youtube, Twitter and other mainstream streaming and social media sites years ago took a toll. Supply chain breakdowns have apparently exacerbated the financial issues as well.

Netflix's stocks declined by 20-25%. 'Collapse' may be a strong word to use but a harsh toll I would say so. Think about how Russia supplies roughly a quarter of Europe's oil supply. If that's completely banned then it wouldn't destroy the European economy but it would cause those countries to enter a recession. I think Netflix is in a similar boat. Although I think I also read that the forecast for Netflix isn't too good either.

What Elon Musk recently echoed about the 'woke mind virus' content that Netflix has been putting out together with political affiliations such as Susan Rice being put onto their board of directors does connote to something that's purposed with an agenda. You can argue the same about Info Wars but I don't think they're pushing for things that's displayed in Netflix programs like "He's Expecting" and "In the Shadow of the Moon".

Old 04-20-2022, 02:04 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He gets more right than CNN and MSNBC combined by a long shot but he was dead wrong on Sandy Hook.
He almost caused a massacre at Comet pizza too.

Gotta wonder just how stupid that numbnut that believed Jones had to feel as he sat in prison for years for going there to rescue kids from an imaginary basement.

Old 04-20-2022, 02:06 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
I doubt Infowars raked in 165M in revenue in just 3 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies