Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 06:12 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,722,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The extension was until May 3 which made sense but it doesn't appear to be worthy of an appeal at this point unless the virus takes off in the next 2 weeks.
Right....they were going to end the mandate on May 3rd...

The only thing that makes sense with this is the judge's ruling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 06:28 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,679,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Please do. I like to know who you are.
So, will folk be pre-judged for party/political affiliation, based on who does and who doesn't wear a masks....?

Old 04-19-2022, 06:37 PM

4,961 posts, read 2,244,562 times
Since the Biden Admin earlier stated that it would be up to travelers to wear a mask, they must have lined up a judge that would take their side. They will likely win on appeal.

Old 04-19-2022, 06:59 PM

8,055 posts, read 10,651,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
The covid cultists like to post since they will stay mask forever everyone has to mask up as well!
They can wear a muzzle on their face from now all the way into the casket if they so desire to do so, and it makes them feel "safe", or "virtuous", or whatever in the heck is the problem.

Just don't force one on me. Not happening. I'm selfish - correct. My life. I own it. I'll live it as I see fit.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:00 PM

9,875 posts, read 7,760,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I think the vaccine loving, mask dependant crowd is upset when they see people celebrating the end of mandates because they really thought, and the media would have them believe, that the majority of people were just as scared of the â€deadly virus†as they are.

They are finding out the fears were mostly baseless, that most thinking people have understood that to be true all along, and they feel they have been duped. Because they have been.

Moral of the story - think for yourself. Don't be eager so eager to clamor for the chains of your own oppression.

Life is very short, for all of us. Set yourself free.
I think you're right. My state, SC, is so far ahead of the crowd with virtually no mask mandates for most of the last two years, it's hard to imagine those who have worn masks this entire time.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:04 PM

15,870 posts, read 6,573,652 times
I'm always a little dubious about Judges making decisions on scientific matters. This one sounds pretty iffy.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:13 PM

24,681 posts, read 9,499,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They better up their security because people ain't havin it. NY, Chicago and a couple others keeping the insanity going at their airports. I would actually reroute my flight than deal with the nonsense.

That power grab is really gonna be hard for them to give up. Vote wisely next time.
Exactly. Elections have consequences.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:14 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,800,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm always a little dubious about Judges making decisions on scientific matters. This one sounds pretty iffy.
The Administrative Procedure Act is "science" now?

Old 04-19-2022, 08:24 PM

17,686 posts, read 6,952,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
The Administrative Procedure Act is "science" now?
Eh, the law can be ignored if you're a liberal. Administrative law, election law, immigration law, none of it really matters to liberals.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:45 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I actually hope Biden DOES appeal it.

The totalitarian and authoritarian impulses of the ruling junta need to be put on display, front and center, as much as possible. The more people are reminded of what control freaks the Democrats have been over the past two years, the more Democrats will be fired in November.
You got your wish. The clown show is appealing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies