Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 02:45 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,718,141 times

Advertisements

The Federal Mask mandate for Public Transporation has been extended a couple of times. The latest was in January when it was extended to March 18th.

https://www.transit.dot.gov/TransitM...2018%2C%202022.

In the last few days, there seems to be a landslide of States announcing that they are removing their mask mandates. Do you think that Biden will extend the Federal mandate again to go past March 18th or let it expire? Especially now that he seems to be losing even solid Liberal States such as California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 02:50 PM

17,673 posts, read 6,934,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
The Federal Mask mandate for Public Transporation has been extended a couple of times. The latest was in January when it was extended to March 18th.

https://www.transit.dot.gov/TransitM...2018%2C%202022.

In the last few days, there seems to be a landslide of States announcing that they are removing their mask mandates. Do you think that Biden will extend the Federal mandate again to go past March 18th or let it expire? Especially now that he seems to be losing even solid Liberal States such as California.
I doubt it. He's too stupid to do something that intelligent.

Old 02-08-2022, 02:53 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,797,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I doubt it. He's too stupid to do something that intelligent.
100%. Biden spent his entire life screwing up everything he touched. He's not gonna stop at the ripe old age of 80.

Old 02-08-2022, 02:59 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,905,135 times
We can honestly only speculate, but I'm going to say no.

If you look across the Mainstream Media reversing just recently held stances involving masks and natural immunity, and at the hordes of Democrats (including Jen "Circle Back" Psaki) now pretending they were never for lockdowns; it becomes entirely possible that we are on the verge of a massive pivot.

In fact, let me rephrase that - we are on the verge of a massive pivot.

So the only question is when all these mandates and restrictions are entirely lifted, not if.

The Dems internal polling must be apocalyptic for them. They are going to run away from this stuff as fast as they can and try to pretend they were never its dedicated advocates. Ya know, just like they did with "Defunding the Police".

But just like with the latter travesty, their attempted escape from the former will elude them.

It just doesn't work in the internet age; what with the ubiquity of videos showing them doing everything they are about to claim they never did.

What a broken, corrupt, hapless bunch of losers the Dems are.

They deserve every single massive loss they are about to incur in the coming years.

Signed,

A former Democrat.

Old 02-08-2022, 05:47 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,083,277 times
It should not have gotten extended the previous time, but I'm sure Biden will bow to the mask cult and extend it again anyways.
Wear a mask on the plane, but immediately before/after your flight, you can sit at an airport bar maskless...gotta worship The Science™.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:14 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,535,429 times
It may stick around for the airlines for another 2-3 months, but I bet local ground transportation will be done with it. I'm not certain about Amtrak and intercity buses though.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:27 PM

6,817 posts, read 9,368,031 times
I think they’ll end it in some regards, but continue it in airports and on aircraft since they believe in science so much!

Old 02-08-2022, 07:47 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,582,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
We can honestly only speculate, but I'm going to say no.

If you look across the Mainstream Media reversing just recently held stances involving masks and natural immunity, and at the hordes of Democrats (including Jen "Circle Back" Psaki) now pretending they were never for lockdowns; it becomes entirely possible that we are on the verge of a massive pivot.

In fact, let me rephrase that - we are on the verge of a massive pivot.

So the only question is when all these mandates and restrictions are entirely lifted, not if.

The Dems internal polling must be apocalyptic for them. They are going to run away from this stuff as fast as they can and try to pretend they were never its dedicated advocates. Ya know, just like they did with "Defunding the Police".

But just like with the latter travesty, their attempted escape from the former will elude them.

It just doesn't work in the internet age; what with the ubiquity of videos showing them doing everything they are about to claim they never did.

What a broken, corrupt, hapless bunch of losers the Dems are.

They deserve every single massive loss they are about to incur in the coming years.

Signed,

A former Democrat.

Regarding The Pivot, I predict before long, if you publicly mention anyone on the left was for vaccine mandates, masking or against repurposing therapeutics, Big Tech will de-platform you for "misinformation".

Old 02-08-2022, 08:04 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,708 times
Biden will do whatever his puppetmasters tell him to do: when he signs something, it's as if his marionette is pulling his strings and signing for him. Biden plays zero role in any decision made in what he signs as he can't even comprehend anything he reads anymore.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:21 PM

16,565 posts, read 10,653,080 times
He'll extend it, because that's what his constituency wants. These, of course, being the people who wear their masks even when driving in a car by themselves, and yell at someone for not wearing a mask in a public park, and demand that their kids and your kids wear masks in school, even to the point of suing the governor when he orders the school districts to let parents make those decisions, as is happening now in Virginia. Realistically, I think the first opportunity to repeal this mandate is when the Republicans take control of Congress, and pass a law forbidding the mandate. This will set up an interesting test of whether congressional law making can override executive orders, but in any case, I think that's when it will finally end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies