Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2022, 05:31 AM

4,552 posts, read 2,275,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Who calls the police because a bag of chips was stolen by a child. And how do they know he stole it.

You are part of the problem. Making excuses for bad behavior. Shop lifting, beating up a smaller kid, stealing cars, breaking and entering, abusing animals, selling drugs, buying an illegal gun, killing someone will follow. What will you say then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 05:34 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The kid is stealing, what are they supposed to do...........nothing????
I guess according to the resident democrats here teaching kids life lessons and trying to scare them straight is no longer an acceptable means of punishment and future crime prevention. This is a common way to teach a kid a lesson before they start out on a bad path, but they will make sure that lesson is not the one the kid is taught. SMH

Old 04-21-2022, 05:39 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,479,725 times
Thou shalt not steal.

Old 04-21-2022, 06:26 AM

4,858 posts, read 3,289,283 times
I'm oldish now, but back in the 60s us kids walked to elementary school a mile away. I think in second grade we got to ride bikes to school. While I think kids today are coddled a bit too much, in keep with modern society my first question would be what the hell is the 8 year old out to the store on his own in the first place?

Old 04-21-2022, 08:05 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,716,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A responsible citizen? Who decided that shoplifting is now a non-offense and police should not get involved?
Unfortunately, local DA's who make public statements that they are no longer going to prosecute these crimes and put people who have shoplifted 10-20 times right back on the street.

Every person who has shoplifted 20 times...had to start somewhere. Perhaps as an 8-year-old stealing a bag of chips.

Oh, and who put these people in office? The same people trying to excuse this as just some kid acting stupid and saying that the cop should have just let people pay for what the kid did.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:15 AM

1,213 posts, read 568,738 times
This is why we have a generation or so of spoiled, disrespectful, and entitled little bastards running around. When I was a kid, cops were called to purposely come scare the crap out of you to teach you a lesson. The good old days when you feared AND respected your parents, the police, law & order. Right from wrong. What a stupid world we live in now.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:07 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,957,315 times
This kid was just busted for stealing another kid's bicycle.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/8-...-theft-of-bike

Old 04-22-2022, 09:36 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,883,118 times
What are the police supposed to do? He was caught STEALING! They also personally made it a point not to handcuff the kid and officially arrest him.

I’ll tell you what…do you think he might think twice about stealing next time??? Yup.

The fact that some people are outraged that a young black boy was facing the consequences for stealing is why many blacks continue this perpetual cycle of crime. If they are not punished when they are young, they will grow up continuing to make poor decisions, and continue the negative cycle.

The anger should be directed at why a young kid 8 year old is stealing. He learned his consequences the hard way, and hopefully will grow from this. He was not arrested or charged, but he was taught a tough lesson. This was actually a GOOD thing…

Old 04-22-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
This kid was just busted for stealing another kid's bicycle.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/8-...-theft-of-bike
So sad. I stand corrected. I thought he may have learned from this incident, but it looks like he didn’t. Maybe now the people crying (no pun intended) over the previous incident will understand now, but I doubt it. They SHOULD have arrested him the first time.

It’s another sad example of blacks continuing down the perpetual cycle of crime, starting at a young age. It’s why there is so much crime in this demographic…

Old 04-22-2022, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is nothing new with our society. Kids do stupid things like this for various reasons....hungry, dared by peers....who knows. The problem with this article is it doesn't state why police got involved. Who called them for a bag of chips. And an 8 year old still cries so stop saying he was putting on a show. In fact we all cry depending on the circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Let me guess.... The child is black. The parent is black..... Got to give credit where it's due though. At least there's a father in the vicinity.

A Caucasian parent would be like, "Thank you officers for showing my child what happens when you steal. Let it be a life lesson for him which may keep him out of trouble down the road".

Leave it to the pathetic wokesters to get their panties in a bunch. Of course, the parents will ride it all the way to a complaint against the department. Another Michael Brown in the making.
Ummm the store owner :smack And the victim who had his bike stolen by this kid a few days later wishes this kid would have actually been punishing for stealing “a bag of chips.”

This is a perfect example of how and why blacks continue to go down the cycle of crime at such a young age. Not even a few days after he was detained by police for stealing a bag of chips, which people cried was racist (even though he wasn’t arrested or charged); he goes out and steals a bike…..

This is why we are seeing what we see in many inner city black communities. They are mad at the wrong things. They should be outraged that this child is already heading down the criminal path at such a young age…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies