Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 07:12 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,056,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is planting seeds for gays. The gay community lies when they say they don't recruit. They are and are going after every child.
^^^ummmm this seems a little "slanted" towards insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 08:55 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He’s no longer human. Can’t you see that?
Maybe not.......but we are........right? Or do we execute him for the above reason,justifying it to ourselves for that reason yet maintaining that we aren't like him?

It is like that I won't degrade myself by calling other people names to degrade them. I certainly have no love for, say, Hillary Clinton, but I will still call her by her given name or the name she wishes to be called by, the same in this case but rather an element in the past few decades in other cases.

While in other cases of terrible events, some might say, such as about torturing prisoners, "Well, they would do it to us!", aside from the point that it is strategically STUPID, that does not justify it for us to do it. Come on, already, we are suppose to be the good guys!

Finally, that excuse, of that "they aren't human" has been used for centuries to exterminate populations of people in the way......haven't we've learned yet that such is no way to be?

Old 04-29-2022, 10:32 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Maybe not.......but we are........right? Or do we execute him for the above reason,justifying it to ourselves for that reason yet maintaining that we aren't like him?

It is like that I won't degrade myself by calling other people names to degrade them. I certainly have no love for, say, Hillary Clinton, but I will still call her by her given name or the name she wishes to be called by, the same in this case but rather an element in the past few decades in other cases.

While in other cases of terrible events, some might say, such as about torturing prisoners, "Well, they would do it to us!", aside from the point that it is strategically STUPID, that does not justify it for us to do it. Come on, already, we are suppose to be the good guys!

Finally, that excuse, of that "they aren't human" has been used for centuries to exterminate populations of people in the way......haven't we've learned yet that such is no way to be?
He should never get out. He planned a murder at 14. Odds are he would do it again. Sounds like a sociopath.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:31 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I don't believe that "some are just born evil". Everyone starts out with a blank canvas and the environment and individuals around help shape what goes on the canvas.

I focused on this incident because when I was 14 years old, I had a neighbor that was 10 years old who was always hanging around with me. So I reflect back to that time in my life and remember how it was. I felt like I was her big brother but she felt more like I was her boyfriend. We'd hang out at the house, go to the mall, go to Baskin & Robins for ice cream, go bowling, go to the movies, etc. etc.

The thing is, before this current state of society, when I was 14, boys just wanted to make girls happy and entertain them. So what happened over between 35 years ago and now? I can also reflect back at what was taught to us in the public school system then and what they are doing to kids in the public school system now. They don't even know what bathrooms they're supposed to be using in the public school system today, let alone exposing them to twisted perverted sexual experience.

This has been going on since humanity swung out of the trees and began walking upright. This has nothing to do with what's being taught in schools. The responsibility for this falls on the 14 year old sick twist alone.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I've never watched Ozzie & Harriet since it was much before my time. But I have heard of the show. Actually, the American culture & society was much like Ozzie & Harriet during the era it was filmed. That's a fine example of what America used to be compared to what it has deteriorated into today. Thank you for the comparison. That's spot on.

As for what is taught in school, there are numerous examples. One, public high schools, I know for sure in my area which is the San Francisco Bay Area, make available to students condoms, lubricant and in some cases "the pill".

What in the hell do condoms, lubricant and birth control have to do with rape, murder and necrophilia? The killer used none of those things.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did he say why it was his intent to kill her? Did police ask him?
I don’t know. I was not there.

As I understand it, it’s not uncommon for killers to be unable to articulate the why.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I'm not sure whats more twisted. This 14 year old killer or conservatives trying to tie this horrendous crime to their political demagoguery of the day.
Bill Maher covered the topic well. People in general, have a tendency to make everything about their thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mXdzAZvid0E

Old 04-29-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The 14 year old’s defense attorney has a tough job. His client confessed and made clear his intention was to “break and kill her”. The defense attorney is obligated to advocate for their client and defend their rights. Failure to do so could result in a future claim of inadequate representation, the 6th amendment.

Asking for reduced bail and for a juvenile client to be tried as a juvenile is the lowest level of duty to a client. It has nothing to do with political ideology. In this case , the prosecution made a not too difficult better argument and the judge agreed.

Putting a political spin on this horrible crime tends to say more about the spinner than his/ her target.

Indeed.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is planting seeds for gays. The gay community lies when they say they don't recruit. They are and are going after every child.
Your opinion has nothing to do with the 14 year old who murdered and raped his 10 year old cousin.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Also why Disney got cartoon character Buzz Lightyear doing a same sex kiss for the little kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I had no idea what you were talking about . . . and then I found this.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/p...ss-1235209179/

If this had happened two years ago, I would have bet money that it was the equivalent of an April Fools joke.

So Buzz Lightyear kissing another male character caused this 14 year old to rape and murder his 10 year old cousin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies