Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2022, 09:31 AM

908 posts, read 441,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
No. Two things will ensure a man will never be lonely:

1. Money
2. Passport

I’ve dated plenty of foreign women who were out of my league (Norwegian, Swedish, German, Korean, Japanese etc). My ex-wife is a 6’1” Romanian.

So if you’re not 6’5”, fit, handsome, or have a big wallet, get yourself a passport and a plane ticket. There’s billions of women out there, one will like you.

Now if you’re too cheap or lazy to look for love abroad, I can’t help you. You’ll always be limited to the local area.

As a long time expat American male I must somewhat disagree with this claim , since it really isn't as if simply moving and/or spending time abroad will result in you having an easier time on the dating market .

Taking East Central Europe for instance , while it's certainly true that there is a segment of women here who prefer foreign men ( many of whom are the sorts of women you don't want to deal with ) merely being foreign won't mean you'll be successful in the dating market .

IMHO many American men actually do worse on the foreign dating market , at least in this neck of the woods , due to the fact that a good number of them aren't willing/able to learn the local language ( s ) as well as take the time to learn local social norms .

While it's definitely possible to live in a sort of expat bubble and still do well , doing so doesn't work out so well for many people , particularly those who don't find their respective expat community to their taste since it obviously can be a real small world when it comes to such groups .

All this typed there definitely is a noticeable segment of American expat men who have made this part of the world there stomping ground for precisely this reason , so naturally finding success in your dating/sex life abroad as an American fellow is definitely possible .

FWIW I think that both American males and females of certain personality types ( more specifically those who tend to be more reserved/introverted ) would be at an advantage in the dating market over here if they were to make the move , but that's neither here nor there .

Old 05-01-2022, 09:56 AM

8,216 posts, read 3,481,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The reason that people fail in the dating world is the same reason that people fail in the financial world:

Lack of effort.

People think that great things are easy to come by. But that is a fairy tale.
Lack of effort? Can't make someone date you.

In my case I had guys interested in me when I was younger and after I finally escaped the thing. They would see my biracial daughter and disappear.

The only men that were interested after learning about my daughter were black men. I hadn't wanted to be with one in the first place. And they were just wanting sex, not a relationship. I have never been the type of person to do that with someone that I didn't even know.

At my age now the only men interested in me are criminal, drugged up trash. The decent men are settled down with families. I have done nothing wrong enough for me to have to associate with filth.

Had I been a healthy person I would probably be middle class. I have been sick since I was born. Nothing I did ever escaped the discrimination from the employers who rejected me for my medical problems. I even graduated college with honors and I couldn't overcome the rejection. I did everything I possibly could. My health problems are so bad that it took me about 9 years to finish a 2 year graduate degree. I almost timed out of the program before I could finish it. I ran out of extensions and appeals.

Some staff helped me finish the thesis just days before I timed out or I would not have graduated. I was never good with computers and they kept rejecting the thesis because I couldn't figure out how to get the paper set up with the margins and spacing and such. Since the degree was used as a reason to kick me off disability, I would have been better off not finishing. The judge said that I have a masters degree so I needed to stop going to doctors and adapt and get a job. The rehabilitation expert had ruled out any jobs. The judge ignored the expert in the decision.

I have made a lot of effort and got nothing in return. Making effort doesn't mean you will succeed.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:15 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,358,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You're assuming that everyone is in a monogamous relationship. In reality though, a large group of sexually active young women shares the much smaller group of men they find attractive.
Yep, the old 80-20 rule. Although probably closer to only 5 - 10%.

Not to mention some people are already saying we are heading towards defacto polygamy and harems.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:24 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,358,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
There’s nothing you can or should do. Western societies will simply continue to fail to have replacement level numbers of children and they will eventually be overtaken (for better or worse) by cultures who don’t have this problem.

More patriarchal or authoritarian societies will look at the western model as an example of the direction they don’t want to go, and that will be that. If western culture could fix its’ dating, relationship, marriage, and having children gender-dynamic problem in a way that works for everyone it would be in a much better position moving forward. But, I don’t think it can or will.
Funny how the West was and sometimes still does moralize and grandstand about the horrors of China and India with their repression of women and sex-selective abortion.

One of the critiques was that it was leaving large numbers of young men without a suitable mate.

Same thing is happening in Western countries, although for entirely different reasons (i.e. feminism, immigration, widening wealth gap, etc.).

There's a reason why patriarchal societies have been norm worldwide for a very long time.

Any society that gives women total freedom ALWAYS collapses, often in very short order.

The book "Garbage Generation" talks about this:

https://www.fisheaters.com/garbagegeneration.html

Last edited by Lycanmaster; 05-01-2022 at 11:43 AM..

Old 05-01-2022, 11:35 AM

4,232 posts, read 2,454,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Funny how the West was and sometimes still does moralize and grandstand about the horrors of China and India with their repression of women and sex-selective abortion.

One of the critiques was that it was leaving large numbers of young men without a suitable mate.

Same thing is happening in Western countries, although for entirely different reasons (i.e. feminism, immigration, etc.).

There's a reason why patriarchal societies have been norm worldwide for a very long time.

Any society that gives women total freedom ALWAYS collapses, often in very short order.

The book "Garbage Generation" talks about this:

https://www.fisheaters.com/garbagegeneration.html
The reason why patriarchal societies have been the norm historically is because men are bigger, badder, and stronger than women.

As for women having "total freedom" always leading to collapse- this is the first time we've really ever seen something like this (and in all likelihood, it will be the last time). The modern world is running an unprecedented social experiment that has never been tried before. We will see the results fully unfold in the coming years and decades.

Last edited by Taggerung; 05-01-2022 at 11:50 AM..

Old 05-01-2022, 11:36 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
There's a church here that is run by homosexuals and made up of same sex couples. They sure are not Christians.
Wow. Glad Jesus isn't as judgmental as you are.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Wow. Glad Jesus isn't as judgmental as you are.
People throw around the word "judgement/judgemental" as if it's a bad thing. Judgment is necessary for an orderly environment. Without judgment, there is only confusion and chaos.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:52 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
People throw around the word "judgement/judgemental" as if it's a bad thing. Judgment is necessary for an orderly environment. Without judgment, there is only confusion and chaos.
Sometimes it can be a bad thing. Especially when others who haven't a clue cast aspersions on people.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:53 AM

7,235 posts, read 4,543,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
And no one points out the judgment rampant in this thread that if you aren't with someone that it is all your fault. That is judgment.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
And no one points out the judgment rampant in this thread that if you aren't with someone that it is all your fault. That is judgment.
Ain't it amusing how these liberal, leftist feminist types become hardcore, free-market, "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" capitalists the moment dating and sex are brought up?

LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies