Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2022, 10:05 AM

472 posts, read 244,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Ok, well, that proves it, no further research needed. These vaccines are perfectly safe.
Mmmmm ... not so fast...

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/j...led-by-the?s=r

Old 05-14-2022, 11:14 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
"We used 400 independent observers. I should note that all follow my Substack so they are correlated: all have excellent judgment, high intelligence, and immunity from mass formation effects. So they have the ability to see what is truly going on."

Well there you have it!

Old 05-14-2022, 06:14 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes, PCR can pick up a specific virus. What it cannot tell is whether the virus is capable of infecting another person. I gave references, which apparently you either did not read or do not understand. Covid 19, by the way, is the disease caused by the virus, the virus is SARS-CoV-2. It is possible to be infected with the virus and have no symptoms of covid 19.

PCR is still used, not just for SARs-CoV-2 but also other viruses.

Sequencing of the RNA of the virus, which is different, is used to map the different mutations.
You can't be infected and have no symptoms unless you are immune. You can't pass a virus onto somebody unless you are sick. No, I've read every major media thing saying unsick people can make others sick.

The NY times sent this out in August of 2020 and even that biased paper had it somewhat correct. A specifif test for a virus would take several days to a week, not a 15 minute test.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/h...s-testing.html

Old 05-14-2022, 06:16 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,187 times
Quote:
Yes, PCR can pick up a specific virus. What it cannot tell is whether the virus is capable of infecting another person. I gave references, which apparently you either did not read or do not understand. Covid 19, by the way, is the disease caused by the virus, the virus is SARS-CoV-2. It is possible to be infected with the virus and have no symptoms of covid 19.

PCR is still used, not just for SARs-CoV-2 but also other viruses.

Sequencing of the RNA of the virus, which is different, is used to map the different mutations.
I will give you one other example, since the virus mutates all the time (it has thousands of times). So why would a test from last year or any older test pick up the new variant? If it picks up the specific variant as you say, then it would pick up the current variant (which could be many) and it wouldn't be positive for the prior variants.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:21 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
You can't be infected and have no symptoms unless you are immune. You can't pass a virus onto somebody unless you are sick. No, I've read every major media thing saying unsick people can make others sick.

The NY times sent this out in August of 2020 and even that biased paper had it somewhat correct. A specifif test for a virus would take several days to a week, not a 15 minute test.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/h...s-testing.html
Even testing for a variant takes several days and is expensive. That is why they only do genome sequencing on 5% or less of tests. And that is too small a sample to be sure which variant is predominant at the time.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:28 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
I will give you one other example, since the virus mutates all the time (it has thousands of times). So why would a test from last year or any older test pick up the new variant? If it picks up the specific variant as you say, then it would pick up the current variant (which could be many) and it wouldn't be positive for the prior variants.
From LabCorp:

"Because our tests target the SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid, which is relatively well conserved across variants, our PCR tests can detect a SARS-CoV-2 infection due to the currently known variants. The sensitivity of our PCR test is not impacted by the variants."

https://www.labcorp.com/coronavirus-...eed-know-about

Old 05-14-2022, 06:33 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:

Yes, you can pass a virus on to someone else even if you have no symptoms.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/98632

"A significant proportion of COVID-19 transmission is asymptomatic or presymptomatic -- potentially as high as 60%, according to a 2021 JAMA Network Open modeling study.

That may be even higher now, as early reports have signaled a greater percentage of asymptomatic infections from Omicron than from previous variants."

That was 2020, almost two years ago. Current PCR testing does not take that long.

The quick tests, like the ones you can do at home, are not PCR. They use a different technology.

Quote:
When a virus mutates it does not affect every part of the virus. Labs adapt the tests as needed.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0317111845.htm

"After the start of the SARS-C0V-2 pandemic, investigators from ResearchPath LLC and their collaborators at Rutgers University quickly dedicated resources to develop accurate and reliable COVID-19 testing. As variants emerged, they developed a PCR test that uses molecular beacons not only to diagnose COVID-19 infection, but also to identify the specific variant causing that infection. Their research appears in The Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, published by Elsevier. Their methodology is openly available so that it can be replicated by any facility that can run a PCR test."

Old 05-14-2022, 06:51 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
I swear, some people could watch their entire family drop dead after getting the vaccine and still support it.

Old 05-14-2022, 11:02 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I swear, some people could watch their entire family drop dead after getting the vaccine and still support it.
People are not dropping dead from the vaccine.

Old 05-14-2022, 11:10 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
People are not dropping dead from the vaccine.
none of them will believe you, or the facts, or reality.

You see the reason they wont is because being "on the inside" and knowing something they believe others do not has helped define them too much. They cannot handle admitting reality. Some have lost friends, family, etc. Watching them die.....and then blaming anything except reality. Because reality would tell them that a pandemic thats resulted in over 1 million us deaths is actually serious and dangerous.

But they get these dopamine hits from believing they are smarter then other people. Not because they are, but because they are sheep repeating the conspiracy theories.

Folks, get vaccinated. it could save your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies