Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 09:07 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeZoned View Post
Many people do. Speaking as a man, condoms kill a lot of the fun for me, I rather without. I'm not worried about STDs as I'm not a hypochondriac. However, I'm 55 (5 years young), have 3 kids, and a partner, so I'm not exactly playing the field anymore. However, just a few years ago I was, and often had sex without a condom. Of course, if the woman is not on BC, you 'pull out.'

My partner, who is currently 29, was on the IUD but got off it due to acne. Now I just 'pull out' every single time. She is not ready for kids, and I'm not ready for a 4th with another woman.

This is life.
People scoff at the pull out method but it’s actually 80+% effective in preventing pregnancy. Couple it with fertility awareness and it’s a good option for anyone who can’t use barrier or hormonal methods.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:07 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You don't know of anyone at all, who had a late in life pregnancy they didn't intend, or a pregnancy following quickly on the birth of a child when they thought breastfeeding would protect them from another pregnancy?

Ok. I guess we all run in different size social circles. You may live in a very small community.

Over time, and this has remained fairly static for a couple generations, the birth rate for babies that are conceived unintentionally is around 40%.

But, you don't know anyone this has happened to. IC - do you imagine it's because no one is telling you?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-40...ry?id=16840288
Would you tell her?
At the risk of getting your head chopped off.
I'll bet here that her own daughters would keep it a secret.
This is NOT the person to tell for obvious reasons.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:09 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
So then point the finger.
It can't be that difficult for you.
You got a name?
I probably shouldn’t even respond to this post but against my better judgement I will. Obviously I’m referring to the people in position of authority to figure out who the leaker was. Me pointing a finger would add to the speculation that I was speaking against. Hope that clears it up for you.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:09 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Would you tell her?
At the risk of getting your head chopped off.
I'll bet here that her own daughters would keep it a secret.
95% of unintended pregnancies are due to the lack of use of birth control. Period. What about that is confusing to any of you???

Old 05-12-2022, 09:10 AM

37,175 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you not realize how many of us were unplanned? How many times do you hear someone say, "my sister is 11 months older than me! ooops" "Wow, their youngest is in high school - it's like they're starting all over - ooops". Ooops. Ooops. Ooops.

I bet you know a LOT of women who got pregnant unintentionally.
My son was a surprise, five years after his sisters. It happens frequently.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:11 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
My son was a surprise, five years after his sisters. It happens frequently.
Were you using birth control? No? Pregnancy is no surprise.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Were you using birth control? No? Pregnancy is no surprise.
She says it was surprise to her.
How could you possibly think she is lying and that you know what she thinks better than her?
That's some hubris right there.
No wonder no one has ever told you!!!

Old 05-12-2022, 09:17 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I absolutely am pro choice for the first trimester. My comments are pointing out the disconnect in your arguments concerning bodily autonomy. You seem to whole heartedly support abortion but not vaccine choice.

You seem very flippant and dismissive of people’s right to choose to having things injected into their bodies against their will or via coercion but feel so strongly about the right to abortion without any interference. I hope you’ll really think about it. It’s not a consistent position and is not in line with being pro bodily autonomy or pro choice.
I’ve already said I wasn’t a fan of the mandate a few times now. Due to my own personal bias, I understand and sympathize with people who didn’t want to vaccinate as I avoid shots religiously whenever possible. I am vaccinated and boosted. A world wide pandemic and society’s responsibility to respond to it really isn’t the same personal responsibility one has when they are pregnant. Pregnancy isn’t contagious.

Im truly surprised when someone strong disagree with abortion yet can’t see why a woman might not want to continue her pregnancy. Not consistent? Serious disconnect thinking having to wear a mask and pregnancy, birth and parenthood are on the same equal page.

Mandate and vaccine, the freedom to choose? Not flippant. many people rearranged their lives in order to avoid it. Your convictions has consequences. The test will come for anti choice people when an unplanned unwanted pregnancy hits home hard in a state that doesn’t allow abortions.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
BC is very bad for the woman. A lot of side effects (acne, weight gain, risk of heart attack etc). Condoms are no fun. This is why many people go without even though they know the risks.

Lecturing people doesn't work. Like telling people to eat healthier, exercise, don't smoke etc.

I think we'd be all happier if we didn't worry what other people do.
Even worse then worrying about other people, is telling other people what to do, and expecting that they follow your orders. And if they don't, calling them stupid or other horrible names. Now that is pretty bad.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:19 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
BC is very bad for the woman. A lot of side effects (acne, weight gain, risk of heart attack etc). Condoms are no fun. This is why many people go without even though they know the risks.

Lecturing people doesn't work. Like telling people to eat healthier, exercise, don't smoke etc.

I think we'd be all happier if we didn't worry what other people do.
My second child was a 'surprise' but I guess it really wasn't.... did it only twice with no protection. Result: pregnancy. We never considered abortion. I don't need that on my conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies