Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 07:25 AM

9,563 posts, read 5,355,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It wouldn't matter. The opinion would have come out before the midterms either way. But I agree that the conservatives on the Court did not do Republicans any favors by rendering this opinion just before the midterms.
True, but I'm not sure the Court concerns themselves (nor should they) with how a decision affects a political party. And I don't think they have wiggle room as to when they release a decision (do they?). It is what it is.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:25 AM

8,668 posts, read 10,209,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The poster was getting together a wish list of things this court needs to change. The courts are not being packed but the last 4 years they were successful in getting the court they wanted so they can undermine our legal system.
You do not need to explain anything. I know exactly what the left wants and so do you. They aren't keeping it a secret.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:26 AM

39,945 posts, read 26,647,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yep. Grandmas are always passing out advise. Especially to granddaughters about how to make your way in the world as a woman. Some Grandmas want their granddaughters to have a choice and support them in what’s er choice they make. Not just the choice to have a child. Crazy isn’t it.
And yet, if these grandmothers had chosen to exercise their "right" to kill tiny humans, they would have no grandchildren to have this conversation with.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:27 AM

16,037 posts, read 6,411,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
There are plenty of women posting on this topic. Some arguing against their own best interests. Being an absolutist (on any topic) doesn't allow for unforeseen circumstances which crop up all the time.
I don't hold that against them I am a liberal pro-choice woman. If I felt that innocents were being murdered, I'd argue against it even if it was against my personal interests.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And yet, if these grandmothers had chosen to exercise their "right" to kill tiny humans, they would have no grandchildren to have this conversation with.
The statics show that women who have had abortions end up with the same amount of children. They just delay until they are ready.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:30 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,828,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Nope. Covid did not prove that and this thread is not about Covid. If you’d like to discuss Covid, there are many threads devoted to that subject.

Pro Choice as defined by the question of abortion (and that IS what defines Pro Choice) is supporting the whole range of choices a woman should have when faced with an unwanted pregnancy.
You don’t even support my choice as a woman to share my observation about what pro choice actually means.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
she's not the first to notice...
Divisive chaos maker he is.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:34 AM

7,263 posts, read 4,597,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Seems like they would have had plenty of opportunities to.
They couldn't despite what they would have you believe a lot of people don't support abortion.

In any event the liberals doomed themselves with their vaccines mandates. There can be no "right to privacy" if I am forced to tell you my vaccine status and get a vaccine to keep my job.

You guys wanted Totalitarianism... GAME ON!

Old 05-04-2022, 07:34 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,828,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Find another line of reasoning, because the false equivalence of that one is utter nonsense. Abortion is not a public health issue. What some individual woman does about her pregnancy does not affect the health and well being of other members of society.
Sorry this obvious truth is not something you want to face.

What do you think an abortion is anyway? The whole point is to end the life of another human. It’s not some benign act.

Stop gaslighting people and acting like the leftists are pro choice. They are pro abortion rights. Big difference.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:39 AM

4,457 posts, read 5,346,077 times
Wow, 123 pages!

The leak was wrong. There is no excuse for it. It was criminal and I'm glad the SCOTUS Marshal was ordered to investigate.

Now, if Roe v. Wade is overturned, what happens? It goes back to the states, and some states will continue to allow abortions.

Leftists who are acting as if we're going to back to the Middle Ages need to get a grip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies