Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2022, 06:50 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I’m not sure on that. Seems to obvious and why would someone who easily could be the automatic assumption for doing it based on past behavior take that chance
Because they are mindless ideologues. They have loyalty to nothing but their ideology and their ideology holds nothing as sacred as the idea that there should be a right to kill for convenience.

This ruling threatens the sanctity of that "right" so they are hoping they can intimidate the SCOTUS justices into changing their opinion.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:51 AM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I’m not sure on that. Seems to obvious and why would someone who easily could be the automatic assumption for doing it based on past behavior take that chance
There is literally only a handful of people it could've been.

Twitter has connected the dots between the activist clerk and Politico.

I would be shocked if it's not who the super sleuths say it is.

And he's going to be a hero to some on the left. Disbarred, but a hero nonetheless.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:52 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I'm more concerned about the leak. Yes I know. an odd take on this.

Then again I was more against the Texas law because it gave standing to third parties.

I'm pro choice but not a first tier issue for me.
Liberals are evil and will try to subvert any aspect of government with which they do not agree.

This is why we must ultimately separate from liberal states, as they no longer share the same values as normal Americans and are actually enemies of those principles.

Just wait- the "leaker" will be identified and will be made the liberal hero of the year for illegally revealing Supreme Court information prior to a decision. Liberals love anarchists and anyone who opposes the rule of law. They will become a new liberal celebrity and probably be made a "news anchor" on one of the many liberal propaganda services.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:53 AM

57,299 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmycountry View Post
I woke up this morning still in shock and sad. Pages and pages of comments since I went to bed. What a sinister, lousy way to try and steal an election. It doesn’t matter which “side” you are on- the leaking from the SC is truly disturbing.
Although wrong the decision is due by this summer anyway so how does a leak in May impact and election in November.

People keep harping on the leak, it's the ruling that is important.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
The states need to send it right back to the Supreme Court then!!

We need a decision on this at the federal level, its absurd that the Supreme Court is trying to wiggle out of doing their jobs, essentially they are just trying to avoid offending conservatives or liberals by making no decision at all...

But, like the old saying goes, refusing to make a decision, is actually making your opinion known anyway.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:55 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,302,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Although wrong the decision is due by this summer anyway so how does a leak in May impact and election in November.

People keep harping on the leak, it's the ruling that is important.
Hope is it will probably cause some strictly presidential year democrats to vote but I’m not sure how much that matters in the end. If the makeup was going to be Republicans plus 7-9 and it goes to 5-7 how many seats do they not win they otherwise whole have?

Old 05-03-2022, 06:56 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
There is literally only a handful of people it could've been.

Twitter has connected the dots between the activist clerk and Politico.

I would be shocked if it's not who the super sleuths say it is.

And he's going to be a hero to some on the left. Disbarred, but a hero nonetheless.

CNN or MSNBC will probably hire him.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:58 AM

6,030 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I can't read through this entire thread but I don't understand why anyone thinks this is a ban on abortion.
Because Progressives are the ideology of emotion. They will say whatever they have to in order to keep Roe V Wade in place, no matter how unconstitutional it is.

Rational people support this decision, assuming the leak is true, as it is Constitutional.

Old 05-03-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Strange that Republicans would pick this hill to die on.
What do Republicans have to do with this?

Old 05-03-2022, 07:03 AM

I find it interesting that Progressives, here, are more upset with a potential ruling, than the fact that this decision was leaked...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies