Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 09:35 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,602,696 times

Advertisements

I have to laugh at the vitriol cast for the new press secretary, especially when America had to suffer through the likes of Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Stephanie Grisham, and Kayleigh McEnany. I mean Grisham never even faced the press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 12:40 AM

11,047 posts, read 6,003,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I have to laugh at the vitriol cast for the new press secretary, especially when America had to suffer through the likes of Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Stephanie Grisham, and Kayleigh McEnany. I mean Grisham never even faced the press.
Did Kayleigh lie much? I've watched her on Fox and she seems to be quite up front.

With Psnarky, one would ask whether she ever told the truth. Has she ever said anything truthful?

But speaking of not daring to question Jean-Pierre, what difference would it make?

Old 05-08-2022, 01:45 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,268,426 times
Quote:

What vitriol?

The "likes of"? What does that mean, exactly?

Old 05-08-2022, 02:00 AM

16,122 posts, read 6,878,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
What makes you think the Republicans are going to win? The democrats got control of all major banking cities, all major education institutes, all major media outlets. They got the backing of most of the top one percent and the biggest corporations in the world and with the war in Russia, they are going after the military industrial complex and will probably win that faction in a decade.

You forgot to mention they also have control of our multi trillion dollar deficit
that must be payed back. We are feeling the birth pangs right now......will take
generations, our children,their children to pay back...............Woo Hoo!

If that does not make one's blood boil nothing else will. November ....November.....November.....

Old 05-08-2022, 07:44 AM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
As others have said, doesn't it seem that "diversity and inclusion" is being taken a bit too far? Do you think that the appointments in this administration mirror the demographics of the country, at all? And if Psaki did introduce her by listing her racial group and sexual orientation, aren't they the ones who are making an issue of those characteristics?
This is a reaction to create more diversity but that doesn't mean that she is unqualified anymore than others who were pretty much either white or male. Why shouldn't these selections mimic the US demographic.
Why wouldn't the first black press secretary be announced, it is historic.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:49 AM

57,360 posts, read 26,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It’s math. Black women are only around 7% of the American population, most of which aren’t concerned with working for the “evil racist†government.

Let me guess, it’s racist that an Asian, Hispanic, transgender, Gypsy, atheist, hasn’t been a press secretary yet?
So because black women make up only 7% of the population we can never appoint a black woman, none are qualified? White males were 30% of the population but they are almost unanimously the choice over the years, bias?

Did you complain about Stephanie Grisham being qualified, seems to me you are assuming this woman is unqualified based on race.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:01 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,319,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is a reaction to create more diversity but that doesn't mean that she is unqualified anymore than others who were pretty much either white or male. Why shouldn't these selections mimic the US demographic.
Why wouldn't the first black press secretary be announced, it is historic.
No, I'm saying that these selections don't mimic the US demographic. "Diversity and Inclusion" seems to mean that people from certain groups should be represented in greater numbers than they actually comprise of the US population.

Historic. There was a black person appointed to the Supreme Court over 50 years ago, there was a black female Secretary of State almost twenty years ago, and, yes, a black president was elected 14 years ago. Yet we're supposed to treat this appointment as some amazing, ground-breaking event? How long is this supposed to go on?

Old 05-08-2022, 08:14 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,319,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So because black women make up only 7% of the population we can never appoint a black woman, none are qualified? White males were 30% of the population but they are almost unanimously the choice over the years, bias?
No one's saying that we can never. Assuming that all groups in the country have an equal number of people who are qualified for this job (which isn't true, but I'll pretend), there's a 1 in 13 chance that a member of a group that makes up 7% of the country will be chosen for the job at any given opening. It's hardly surprising that the 12/13 shot pays off a lot more often than the 1/13 shot.

In the not-too-distant past white males made up about 45% of the population, not 30%.

Old 05-08-2022, 12:58 PM

13,018 posts, read 9,548,978 times
Quote:
Being the President's press secretary has to be one of the hardest and most undesirable jobs ever. They can't express their personal opinions, and they have to support the President's decisions no matter what, and try to convince everybody that the President's policies are correct. In short, their job requires that they lie every day and do it with a smiling face.

As much as I find Psaki revolting, she has done an excellent job. There are very few people who couild stand up there daily and support with vigor some of the outlandish things that her boss puts out. That's especially true with the current administration (in my opinion) but it goes for any administration of either party.

Old 05-08-2022, 01:03 PM

9,431 posts, read 11,188,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh yippee!!! This administration has done such stunning job so far of showing us by example the results of choosing folks based on demographic check marks instead of merit. Guess they are taking another swipe at it in hopes of it actually working out this time.

Good God.
Yes indeed. But like Demo presidents, these pressers will follow the rule that if you thought the last one was bad, wait until you see this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies