Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 01:03 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So because black women make up only 7% of the population we can never appoint a black woman, none are qualified? White males were 30% of the population but they are almost unanimously the choice over the years, bias?

Did you complain about Stephanie Grisham being qualified, seems to me you are assuming this woman is unqualified based on race.
No, it doesn't mean that at all. It just shouldn't be the primary criterion entering into a selection. Just get the best person, regardless of gender or color. I don't know much about the new press secretary, but Biden has made a LOT of selections of outlier people - homosexuals, trans people, whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 01:24 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Did Kayleigh lie much? I've watched her on Fox and she seems to be quite up front.

With Psnarky, one would ask whether she ever told the truth. Has she ever said anything truthful?

But speaking of not daring to question Jean-Pierre, what difference would it make?
Kayliegh lied. As examples:

1. McEnany falsely stated that Trump never downplayed the coronavirus.

2. She backed Trump's false claims about the Mueller report. She said Trump was completely exonerated, when in fact the report said:"“Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Russian-interference and obstruction investigations.”

3. McEnany pushed Trump's lies about the 2020 election.

4. McEnany, like Trump, exaggerated numbers. ie: "1 million MAGA march participants?
https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/...46530103369728

5. She falsely claimed that Trump was the first president to put a red ribbon on the White House for AIDS awareness. (Both Bush and Obama did the same)

There are many more, but those stand out.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:24 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
No, it doesn't mean that at all. It just shouldn't be the primary criterion entering into a selection. Just get the best person, regardless of gender or color. I don't know much about the new press secretary, but Biden has made a LOT of selections of outlier people - homosexuals, trans people, whatever.
Who said that was the only criteria for selection, what was the criteria for Stephanie Grisham, what were her qualifications.

You don't know the criteria for selection for her or any of the others but suddenly it's an issue.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:40 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
No one's saying that we can never. Assuming that all groups in the country have an equal number of people who are qualified for this job (which isn't true, but I'll pretend), there's a 1 in 13 chance that a member of a group that makes up 7% of the country will be chosen for the job at any given opening. It's hardly surprising that the 12/13 shot pays off a lot more often than the 1/13 shot.

In the not-too-distant past white males made up about 45% of the population, not 30%.
So doing the math even assuming 45%, what are the odds that just about every press secretary came up white male over the last several decades. What about the other 55%, seems like more than a few should have been selected. Pretty much only white male only two women were selected prior to 2007 what are the odds that there were that many white males selected.

Also just because they are in the 7% minority why is it hard to fathom that they are qualified, no other selections in the past had this type of criticism.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:47 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I doubt very much if Biden made the decision.
Who are these people pushing this? Even some hard-core leftists I know are backtracking on this issue. Apparently either the Biden puppet masters or woke elitists are very out of touch.

Or maybe they're secretly racist, and are picking the least qualified box-checkers in order to create this backlash? Shades of Princess Bride, lol. "So I can clearly not choose the glass in front of me."

Old 05-08-2022, 08:23 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Kayliegh lied. As examples:

1. McEnany falsely stated that Trump never downplayed the coronavirus.

2. She backed Trump's false claims about the Mueller report. She said Trump was completely exonerated, when in fact the report said:"“Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Russian-interference and obstruction investigations.”

3. McEnany pushed Trump's lies about the 2020 election.

4. McEnany, like Trump, exaggerated numbers. ie: "1 million MAGA march participants?
https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/...46530103369728

5. She falsely claimed that Trump was the first president to put a red ribbon on the White House for AIDS awareness. (Both Bush and Obama did the same)

There are many more, but those stand out.
Ok.

I'm not sure about your point 3. I know (saw on youtube) how he was claiming the election was stolen, displaying a polling tally chart that clearly showed a mysterious jump in Biden votes at 4:00 in the morning.

Something like this one;

He did go on and on about it but he had a point. But Ok.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:51 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
welp, it's pretty clear what jp's favorite word is..

https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/s...36650427785222

Old 05-17-2022, 07:55 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ne-jean-pierre

Karine Jean-Pierre will be the first black woman and the first openly LGBT person to hold the position.
Her "press conference" was one of the most peculiar ever conducted.

She was unable to speak freely and had to read from cue cards. Even more hilarious was when she read the wrong cue cards for the question at hand!

People will rush to defend her, as she is a black female; however, let's face it- she is an idiot and even worse than the Bride of Chucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies