Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2022, 04:35 PM

6,028 posts, read 2,846,987 times

Advertisements

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...361.html#polls

There is no article that accompanies this, as it was just something I noticed while looking through the polls on Real Clear Politics. There are no other polls to compare, as of yet.

CNN's Poll, taken May 3rd-5th: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documen...n-politics.pdf

The released poll questions focus mostly on the topic abortion, and it appears as though the Supreme Court's leak had almost no impact on people's vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 05:26 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
More state's rights. I have no problem with the ruling. Abortion is not something I would really ever do, but I have to look at the negatives of banning abortion.. more single mothers on the government dole raising kids they don't really want. More kids in foster homes. It would be dysfunctional. In modern society a child should generally not be raised by a teenage mother. They lack the maturity to make any sort of responsible parenting choices.

But hey, it's not an issue I'm passionate about either way.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:28 PM

5,935 posts, read 2,760,378 times
Wasn't that one guy on CNN suspended for whackin' it live in front of other personnel including women?

How does he still have a job? I know I would have been fired if that were me.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:29 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,253,078 times
Has way more to do with wages not keeping pace with inflation.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:40 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah it's unlikely to be the salvation much of the left seems to think it will be.
Happy or Angry? I wonder who wrote poll questions using those words to describe changes to abortion law. I would wait for a better poll.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:45 PM

17,624 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Happy or Angry? I wonder who wrote poll questions using those words to describe changes to abortion law. I would wait for a better poll.
lol. I’m sure the libs will come up with a poll you like soon enough.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:55 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
So many Democrats seem to be fine now with full term abortions.
It just blows my mind…..killing a baby days before birth.
Who are these people ???

Old 05-06-2022, 05:56 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
So many Democrats seem to be fine now with full term abortions.
It just blows my mind…..killing a baby days before birth.
Who are these people ???
The most bizarre part of is that they act like they are the morality police. The baby killers.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:57 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
More state's rights. I have no problem with the ruling. Abortion is not something I would really ever do, but I have to look at the negatives of banning abortion.. more single mothers on the government dole raising kids they don't really want. More kids in foster homes. It would be dysfunctional. In modern society a child should generally not be raised by a teenage mother. They lack the maturity to make any sort of responsible parenting choices.

But hey, it's not an issue I'm passionate about either way.
Abortion won't be ban. It's a liberal lie . It should be regulated until birth but it won't be ban. It was a bad law in 1973 and forced on all 50 states. I'm glad it will be strike down and taken to the states. Is not my top 25 issues for my vote.

Old 05-07-2022, 10:52 AM

6,028 posts, read 2,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I am failing to see your criticism of the wording of the poll questions...

"How would you feel about Congress passing a law to establish a nationwide right to abortion?"

"The 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision established a woman's constitutional right to an abortion, at least in the first three months of pregnancy. Would you like to see the Supreme Court completely overturn its Roe vs. Wade decision, or not?"

"If the U.S. Supreme Court completely overturned its Roe vs. Wade decision, would you feel?"

"If Roe vs. Wade were overturned, each state could set its own laws on abortion to be as (restrictive) or as
(permissive) as they wanted. If this happens, would you prefer that your state set laws which are more (restrictive) toward abortion or more (permissive) toward abortion?"

"Would you want your state to ban abortions completely, or not?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies