Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 10:41 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times

Advertisements

He, in so many words, stated that he is not going to pursue the banning of contraception. I see nothing to suggest he has any desire to ban the practice. Has he made comments criticizing contraception in the past? This thread reeks of desperation.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
He, in so many words, stated that he is not going to pursue the banning of contraception. I see nothing to suggest he has any desire to ban the practice. Has he made comments criticizing contraception in the past? This thread reeks of desperation.
But still you can't argue against the FACT that most people who want abortion banned also want any form of birth control medication banned that is capable of interfering with the fertilized egg.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,531,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But still you can't argue against the FACT that most people who want abortion banned also want any form of birth control medication banned that is capable of interfering with the fertilized egg.
Where do you get that it's "most?" Most of us on this side, just want innocent lives to not be murdered.

Old 05-09-2022, 10:50 PM

Quote:

That's not a fact at all. You just pulled that out of your backside. Where do you claim to get these "facts" from??? The abortion issue is not my hill to die on, but I do know people who are morally opposed to abortion. Never once did I ever hear any of those people say contraception should be banned. Are you talking about condoms, the morning after pill, etc? Because if so, I think your statement is preposterous. And if someone proposed banning those things, I would say that person is out of their ever loving mind. But the abortion issue is a moral issue for most people who oppose it. They feel it is the same as killing a human being. I can see both sides of the issue but it's not an issue that effects my body.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:11 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
That's not a fact at all. You just pulled that out of your backside. Where do you claim to get these "facts" from??? The abortion issue is not my hill to die on, but I do know people who are morally opposed to abortion. Never once did I ever hear any of those people say contraception should be banned. Are you talking about condoms, the morning after pill, etc? Because if so, I think your statement is preposterous. And if someone proposed banning those things, I would say that person is out of their ever loving mind. But the abortion issue is a moral issue for most people who oppose it. They feel it is the same as killing a human being. I can see both sides of the issue but it's not an issue that effects my body.
The methods at greatest risk of being banned include those whose mechanism may work after fertilization, including some oral contraceptives, IUDs, and Plan B.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:13 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Seriously, andywire, you're so wrong, though. Have you never heard that most people who want abortion banned believe life starts at the instance when the sperm meets the egg? From then on all human rights must begin. To them, no need to ban condoms but any form of birth control that interferes with the fertilized egg must be banned. Seriously, andywire, you really need to keep up better with what is going on in the anti-abortion world. It will move more swiftly than ever and more important to keep up with when Roe v. Wade is repealed.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:48 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,985,580 times
I’m more concerned about my 401K and how much is taken from my budget every month to fill my tank and buy groceries, not to mention the strain on this country by allowing the turnstiles at the border spinning round and round endlessly, not if some woman may have to purchase birth control pills across state lines. Rubbers are still available at most drug stores and gas stations

Old 05-09-2022, 11:53 PM

34,064 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Where do you get that it's "most?" Most of us on this side, just want innocent lives to not be murdered.

Old 05-09-2022, 11:55 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,985,580 times
Quote:
Says who??? A few religious whakos that are quoted and taken out of context as being the majority of the Republican voter base by liberal media that stoke the flames of fear on what may happen?? Are you lefties really that gullible?I have never seen a party get so riled and scared over outlandish claims that haven’t been “confirmed” as fact except by prime time talking heads on MSNBC or CNN.

Old 05-10-2022, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Seriously, andywire, you're so wrong, though. Have you never heard that most people who want abortion banned believe life starts at the instance when the sperm meets the egg? From then on all human rights must begin. To them, no need to ban condoms but any form of birth control that interferes with the fertilized egg must be banned. Seriously, andywire, you really need to keep up better with what is going on in the anti-abortion world. It will move more swiftly than ever and more important to keep up with when Roe v. Wade is repealed.

You have a very active imagination. Nobody is trying to ban condoms, the morning after pill, etc. Start posting some evidence to support these wild claims if you expect to be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.