Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:07 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times

Advertisements

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...aception-rule/

Quote:
With the White House under fire for its new rule requiring employers including religious organizations to offer health insurance that fully covers birth control coverage, ABC News has learned that later today the White House — possibly President Obama himself — will likely announce an attempt to accommodate these religious groups.

The move, based on state models, will almost certainly not satisfy bishops and other religious leaders...
It ain't over for the dirtbag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

If is definitely not over. The issue is that Barack studied the issue and listened to both sides and then CHOSE to violate the Constitution. He don't get a mulligan.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:10 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
I don't think he was wrong. If I work for a group ... I have to believe everything they do? ... I don't think so. Why should I not have a benefit, just because you have some A$$ backwards way of thinking that dates back to the Dark Ages?

Old 02-10-2012, 07:11 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
The right-wing noise machine was too much, even though:

28 states, including those liberal bastions, North Carolina and Georgia, mandate religious organizations to cover contraceptives in their health care plans. 8 of those states have no religious exemption. Hawaii's contraception coverage has been on the books since 1999. Where was the conservative outrage when these states passed these laws? Anyone who thinks that this isn't merely an anti-Obama false outrage, needs to wake up.

Hawaii's contraception model has downsides, some say | National Catholic Reporter

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-10-2012 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 02-10-2012, 07:11 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,257,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I don't think he was wrong. If I work for a group ... I have to believe everything they do? ... I don't think so. Why should I not have a benefit, just because you have some A$$ backwards way of thinking that dates back to the Dark Ages?
Then find another job if your company doesn't provide the right 'benefit' for you.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:16 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Then find another job if your company doesn't provide the right 'benefit' for you.
... or don't be a cheapskate and buy your "rubbers" or pills at the CVS like everyone else.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The right-wing noise machine was too much, even though:

28 states, including those liberal bastions, North Carolina and Georgia, mandate religious organizations to cover contraceptives in their health care plans. 17 of those states have no religious exemption. Hawaii's contraception coverage has been on the books since 1999. Where was the conservative outrage when these states passed these laws? Anyone who thinks that this isn't merely an anti-Obama false outrage, needs to wake up.

Hawaii's contraception model has downsides, some say | National Catholic Reporter
Point of correction: Looking at your map, North Carolina has a religious exemption. Also, 17 states DO have a religious exemption. Typo?

Can you prove that there was no "conservative outrage" when these laws were passed? No, you can't. So why do you utter words like this?

Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Point of correction: Looking at your map, North Carolina has a religious exemption. Also, 17 states DO have a religious exemption. Typo?

Can you prove that there was no "conservative outrage" when these laws were passed? No, you can't. So why do you utter words like this?
Not just that but....

Six Things Everyone Should Know About the HHS Mandate | Georgia Catholic Conference (http://www.georgiacc.org/c/179 - broken link)

Quote:
6. The federal mandate is much stricter than existing state mandates. HHS chose the narrowest state-level religious exemption as the model for its own. That exemption was drafted by the ACLU and exists in only 3 states (New York, California, Oregon). Even without a religious exemption, religious employers can already avoid the contraceptive mandates in 28 states by self-insuring their prescription drug coverage, dropping that coverage altogether, or opting for regulation under a federal law (ERISA) that pre-empts state law. The HHS mandate closes off all these avenues of relief.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Go find somewhere else to work. As you say this isn't the Dark Ages it's not like anyone has to work Church lands for their survival anymore.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
That's the argument that discriminators and those that oppose sensible regulation always use as a defense.

"You're a woman and your company pays women less then men? Find another job."

"If you don't like being sexually harassed, find another job."

Air filters? "If you don't like breathing coal dust, find another job."
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Go find somewhere else to work. As you say this isn't the Dark Ages it's not like anyone has to work Church lands for their survival anymore.
We're talking about employees in schools, hospitals and universities -- not the church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies