Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Point of correction: Looking at your map, North Carolina has a religious exemption. Also, 17 states DO have a religious exemption. Typo?

Can you prove that there was no "conservative outrage" when these laws were passed? No, you can't. So why do you utter words like this?
Yes, you are right. It should be 8 but when I discovered the error I could no longer edit the post. The main point still holds, however. If there was a conservative outrage, Georgia and NC would have no law. The religious exemption is in Obama's regulation too. The church itself is exempt but not what the church owns or runs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
I'm sorry, but religious hospitals can suck it up.

I really don't care about their BAAAWWWing over this.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Actually, smart would have been to not step in this in the first place as his advisers told him. Once you've stepped into a dog pile, anyone knows to step out of it. It's smarter to watch your step when crossing the yard.
I agree with that. Bad for Country, bad for Catholic Church. Should have just let the Bishops declare war on the women in the Church and Country. I know from personal experience, pizzing off women, not a good idea.

Last edited by florida.bob; 02-10-2012 at 09:56 AM..

Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Conservatives say Romney needs to be pushed in order to act conservative, because he is not really a conservative at his core. Apparently Obama needs to be pushed to uphold the US Constitution, since his understanding of it is so lacking, and he still thinks it is fundamentally flawed..

Old 02-10-2012, 09:45 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree with that. Bad for Country, bad for Catholic Church. Should have just let the Bishops declare war on the women in the Church.
It's not the president's purview to decide what is acceptable church doctrine, and then enact laws to force them to adopt his ideology.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:47 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes, you are right. It should be 8 but when I discovered the error I could no longer edit the post. The main point still holds, however. If there was a conservative outrage, Georgia and NC would have no law. The religious exemption is in Obama's regulation too. The church itself is exempt but not what the church owns or runs.
The bolded, italicized and underlined is the key... I have not investigated the religious exemptions the states in question provided, but if they are the same as these? His point is invalidated.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Listening to Obama walks this back now. The religious organizations will not pay for or have to provide contraception. The insurance companies will pay for it (wonder where they're going to get that money). I question why he didn't have this solution in the first place if he was so committed to having free contraception? This was a miscalculation on his part.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Listening to Obama walks this back now. The religious organizations will not pay for or have to provide contraception. The insurance companies will pay for it (wonder where they're going to get that money). I question why he didn't have this solution in the first place if he was so committed to having free contraception? This was a miscalculation on his part.
The Employers will pay for it, it just may not be the Church Employers or not on itemized billing. If anybody thinks the Ins Cos will pay for it, they are delusional. The Prez didn't walk back anything. As any good salesman does, he just made it look like his detractors won.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:35 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Well, on this I'd be curious if NON-religion based employers are going to chime in and say, "Hey, if THEY don't have to pay for it, why do WE?".

Seems like this "solution" is opening a can of worms perhaps.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I sure hope Obama doesn't give in to the Catholic church when it wants to put itself above the law against raping children....afterall, if they don't have to obey one law why do they have to obey any law???
And if they get a dispensation for child raping it'll save them all that hiding of their pedophiles and all those millions that they pay out to victims which is probably what they are REALLY sorry about....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies