Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 11:49 AM

5,980 posts, read 2,234,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
If you didn't already figure it out, this is a video of a congressman stating why the government doesn't work for the benefit of us common folk. They are bought and paid for by special interests.
They all clearly know this and aren't doing a damn thing about it because they are raking in the dough. They are all complicit in the decline of the lower and middle class and America as a whole.

When I was younger, I recall in the early 90s how run down DC and the surrounding areas were. It is now one of the wealthiest parts of America, no doubt due to lobbyist bribe money.

Why isn't there more outrage? Instead, we're arguing amongst ourselves about wokeness and sending $40B to Ukraine to fight a proxy war while the MICC is profiting off the deaths of Russian and Ukrainian lives. I don't care if you're D or R. This is a huge problem on BOTH sides.

https://youtu.be/6wtgFdpA6Ew?t=115
When you were young the extra pork or "fat" was in the actual bill. Now it's in Congress's pockets and campaign programs.

Per the Supreme Court, money is speech so pick your poison, money will flow toward politics. The question is where should it flow. PACs is where is goes now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 11:53 AM

2,612 posts, read 928,732 times
Quote:
If you didn't already figure it out, this is a video of a congressman stating why the government doesn't work for the benefit of us common folk. They are bought and paid for by special interests.
They all clearly know this and aren't doing a damn thing about it because they are raking in the dough. They are all complicit in the decline of the lower and middle class and America as a whole.

When I was younger, I recall in the early 90s how run down DC and the surrounding areas were. It is now one of the wealthiest parts of America, no doubt due to lobbyist bribe money.

Why isn't there more outrage? Instead, we're arguing amongst ourselves about wokeness and sending $40B to Ukraine to fight a proxy war while the MICC is profiting off the deaths of Russian and Ukrainian lives. I don't care if you're D or R. This is a huge problem on BOTH sides.

Democracy is a big part of the problem. People dont care about how terrible the politicians are, they happy as long as their team wins. Democracy is a "divide and conquer" strategy that is used to maintain control of a large population by a small group. People have bought into the system so much that they actually attack people for not voting when in reality those are the ones who are right.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:03 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, most Americans don’t even know about this. The ones that DO see the problem are a minority and are therefore powerless to do anything about it.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:08 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Republican voters are stupid. Dem voters are criminals, just like their leaders.
No, it's the other way around. I have seen firsthand how Republican voters are crooks.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:10 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Trump got in because of the corruption.The common ''Americans first '' put Trump in. The corrupt elitists took Trump out. The ruling class is now causing inflation to let us know they are in complete control and want to punish the commoners.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:14 PM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Human history in a nutshell....what form of government works best for most....ours if it had a few more checks and balances to prevent this corruption....and not just corruption by government...the ability of people to create multiple LLCs and drive them or corporations into bankruptcy while they walk away with a ton of money.... Hold people totally accountable for their actions....freedom with responsibility.

The rich in this country know all the tricks to weasel their way around the system.
Don't fall for the class warfare. That only benefits the elites in DC. Listen, I am sure you would classify me as rich. However, I have no tricks. I pay a crapload of taxes. There is no out since we are salary and bonus.
We want EVERYONE to do well. We were under Trump. Low income wages were finally rising.

The elites win when we are fighting each other. We need to fight them.

Joe Biden had declared war on AMERICANs with his war on fossil fuels. It hurts everyone. The entire world. We ALL get poorer. WAKE UP.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:17 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
stop mindlessly defending your party ignoring all of their corruption and hypocrisy. both sides are crooks. vote out all incumbents every year.
I need to print up some more of those stickers that read "Don't Re elect Nobody".

Old 05-12-2022, 12:21 PM

2,316 posts, read 958,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Democracy is a big part of the problem. People dont care about how terrible the politicians are, they happy as long as their team wins. Democracy is a "divide and conquer" strategy that is used to maintain control of a large population by a small group. People have bought into the system so much that they actually attack people for not voting when in reality those are the ones who are right.

Yeah, democracy is a scam. Our voting rights are used to appease the masses, fooling them into thinking that they actually have a say in the policies and direction of the country should take.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:23 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Don't fall for the class warfare. That only benefits the elites in DC. Listen, I am sure you would classify me as rich. However, I have no tricks. I pay a crapload of taxes. There is no out since we are salary and bonus.
We want EVERYONE to do well. We were under Trump. Low income wages were finally rising.

Joe Biden had declared war on AMERICANs with his war on fossil fuels. It hurts everyone. The entire world. We ALL get poorer. WAKE UP.

The entire world runs on and is held hostage by fossil fuels.

My granny just went to the 8th grade but she sure knew better than to put all her eggs in one basket.

It seems to me that weaning our way off that stuff while we find other sources makes sense.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:27 PM

2,316 posts, read 958,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Trump is only slightly less crooked than career politicians.

The only reason he would appear to be anti-establishment every now and then was because he wanted to stroke his own ego by saying/tweeting things that a polished politician wouldn't. He is a crowd pleaser. He was an abuser of divide and conquer tactics, which the other poster stated.
Bbut at the end of the day, his interests were aligned with the wealthy class, not us.

Trump was so clueless, he thought china could create hurricanes and he could nuke them.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/10/donald-trump-china-hurricanes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies