Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 08:05 PM

43,753 posts, read 18,781,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I have a dumb question. How are the countries these people are abandoning deal with the loss of population? So many of their young people are coming here.
We have poor people coming here. Those governments are only too happy to see them leave. The poor are a drain on the economics of a society
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2022, 09:13 PM

22,583 posts, read 12,153,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern_Californian View Post
Mandate and enforced E-Verify with SEVERE consequences and we wouldn't even need a wall.
Use prison labor, vagrants, welfare recipients, unemployed and maybe work visas (bracero program) to replace the illegal aliens.
We would still need a wall. Not all these so-called "migrants" are coming here to work. Many are coming to do harm such as drug mules, child traffickers and those who come from countries that are hostile to the US.

Old 05-15-2022, 09:13 PM

11,467 posts, read 11,180,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Those that are leaving their countries are the poorest, least educated, least skilled. The young and educated are doing fine in their countries and are not leaving. In other words, we are getting their worst, so those countries are actually improving while we get worse.
This is exactly what's happening. These countries laugh at us daily as their country is getting rid of unwanted trash and we accept them with open arms. Try flying these illegals into Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Quebec, ect and see how Canada would respond. You know, being the accepting and inclusive people we all know leftists are.....

Old 05-15-2022, 09:14 PM

2,612 posts, read 943,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This has been going on for years of course.
One thing I find funny about this whole controversy of the government sending buses of illegals to various states to live is that many people dont seem to realize that this is what was always happening.

Old 05-15-2022, 09:17 PM

6,246 posts, read 3,644,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I have a dumb question. How are the countries these people are abandoning deal with the loss of population? So many of their young people are coming here.
Their countries are the ones encouraging them to come! They cannot feed, clothe, or house a segment of their people nor provide the job or educational opportunities that would lift them out of poverty. It's much easier to just lose them as citizens, which would lessen competition for work and resources.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:51 AM

8,439 posts, read 4,624,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
One thing I find funny about this whole controversy of the government sending buses of illegals to various states to live is that many people dont seem to realize that this is what was always happening.

So it's ok then.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
So it's ok then.
It is ok with me, I dont mind illegals. Legal status according to a government isnt a criteria that I use to judge people, I dont care what the government says.

I think it is funny how things happen during republican and democrat administrations and when their party is in power they pretend it isnt happening. Trump was busing the illegals around and so is Biden.

Old 05-16-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
It is ok with me, I dont mind illegals. Legal status according to a government isnt a criteria that I use to judge people, I dont care what the government says.

I think it is funny how things happen during republican and democrat administrations and when their party is in power they pretend it isnt happening. Trump was busing the illegals around and so is Biden.
^^^^This is, well...

You have no problems with criminals because that's what illegal aliens are. The minute they overstay a visa or sneak across the border, they become lawbreakers. In order to work here they use either fake SSNs or engage in ID theft. Sometimes that fake SSN belongs to living person who, like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt. Either that or they get paid under the table which makes them tax evaders.

How many illegal aliens have you moved into your home and are feeding, clothing, paying for their medical care and immigration lawyers?

Old 05-16-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^This is, well...

You have no problems with criminals because that's what illegal aliens are. The minute they overstay a visa or sneak across the border, they become lawbreakers. In order to work here they use either fake SSNs or engage in ID theft. Sometimes that fake SSN belongs to living person who, like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt. Either that or they get paid under the table which makes them tax evaders.

How many illegal aliens have you moved into your home and are feeding, clothing, paying for their medical care and immigration lawyers?
The government doesnt get to tell me what I do or dont have a problem with. I dont care if people break laws that shouldnt even be laws.

How many legal aliens have you moved into your home and are feeding, clothing, paying for their medical care and immigration lawyers?

Isnt it funny how you base your opinions on legality and so you are just simply ok with something as long as the government is ok with it? So today, they are illegal and evil and tomorrow a law could be passed and makes them legal and so its all ok. My opinions arent filtered through the government.

Old 05-16-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
The government doesnt get to tell me what I do or dont have a problem with. I dont care if people break laws that shouldnt even be laws.

How many legal aliens have you moved into your home and are feeding, clothing, paying for their medical care and immigration lawyers?

Isnt it funny how you base your opinions on legality and so you are just simply ok with something as long as the government is ok with it? So today, they are illegal and evil and tomorrow a law could be passed and makes them legal and so its all ok. My opinions arent filtered through the government.
There shouldn't even be laws? You want no laws and total anarchy?

Your attempt at deflection was lame. So, you don't put your money where your mouth is. As for me, I don't need to support legal immigrants. BTW, illegal immigration is a slap in the face to legal immigrants. I have respect for legal immigrants as they obeyed the laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here.

The rest of your post isn't even worth addressing. Buh-bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies