Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 09:44 AM

63,467 posts, read 29,484,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
What is the difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal immigrant?

What is the difference between those people and a US citizen? Do you think you are more special to others because you were born on a certain piece of land?
I suggest you stop trolling and stop making idiot remarks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2022, 09:46 AM

2,612 posts, read 943,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I suggest you stop trolling and stop making idiot remarks.
I suggest you stop assigning yourself self worth based on the piece of dirt you happened to be born on. Your citizenship or legal status doesnt make any difference to anyone else. People just like to complain about illegals because they like to have something to complain about.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
The old bait and switch. USA has let tens of millions of illegals into the country, used to call it catch and release, so when they want to work and get a job lets arrest the CEO that employs them. It's the fault of Acme Mfg shut down that business, arrest the C suite lock them up LOL. Why not arrest the politicians ang government employees that make up these policies and then deport every illegal?
The employers are held accountable if they "knowingly" hire illegal aliens. Many were caught under the Trump presidency. Without e-verify it isn't always easy to prove though. These illegals use fake or stolen SS numbers and that makes it more difficult to weed them out.

It's the Democrats that won't pass an mandated e-verify law even though the Republicans have presented such bills. Many illegals work for cash so how can that be determined? That's why we need a wall to deter as many as we can from getting into our country in the first place.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:59 AM

3,987 posts, read 6,606,666 times
Quote:
The employers are held accountable if they "knowingly" hire illegal aliens. Many were caught under the Trump presidency. Without e-verify it isn't always easy to prove though. These illegals use fake or stolen SS numbers and that makes it more difficult to weed them out.

It's the Democrats that won't pass an mandated e-verify law even though the Republicans have presented such bills. Many illegals work for cash so how can that be determined? That's why we need a wall to deter as many as we can from getting into our country in the first place.
Does gun control stop mass shootings?

Do laws that make drugs illegal stop people from wanting them?

But you believe a wall is going to deter people who have decided they want to come here?

Old 05-17-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmycountry View Post
You’re another bleeding heart fool! It’s nauseating to watch you destroy this country! Why don’t you offer to take in a few dozen, provide shelter, food, clothing, medical, insurance! Please don’t ask taxpayers for assistance, ok?
I dont know why asking about me taking in illegals is any different than asking you to take in legals. You are ok with legal immigration, right? So then that must mean you are bringing legal immigrants to your home and feeding and housing them?

Old 05-17-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I suggest you stop assigning yourself self worth based on the piece of dirt you happened to be born on. Your citizenship or legal status doesnt make any difference to anyone else. People just like to complain about illegals because they like to have something to complain about.
Self-worth? WTH does that even mean? Are you denying that by being born here to generations of U.S. citizens that myself and others aren't the rightful citizens of this country? Who the hell are you to make the rules? It's the same thing for every country in the world.

My citizenship and every other country's citiznes are deemed so by their respective governments. Who are these "anyone elses" who beg to differ and what legal grounds do they have to stand on?

We complain about illegals and rightly so! They have violated our imigration laws, took jobs, taxes and resources from Americans, cost us over $100 billion a year, overcrowd our schools, jails, healthcare facilities, roads and neighborhoods and increase our crime rates. They commit felony ID theft and/or tax evasion. But nothing to complain about, right?

I don't debate with people like you who don't deal in reality and how the world works. One must have a mental problem not to. I also don't debate when trolling is obvious. Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Self-worth? WTH does that even mean? Are you denying that by being born here to generations of U.S. citizens that myself and others aren't the rightful citizens of this country?
I am denying that it matters. You arent any more important than someone here "illegally."

Old 05-17-2022, 10:20 AM

6,964 posts, read 3,161,551 times
Quote:
I am denying that it matters. You arent any more important than someone here "illegally."
I don't think anyone is saying they are 'more important' as a human being. Life is life.

I think you Do know what they mean though, you just don't subscribe to National Sovereignty, Security, Borders in general. Or that regulation of immigrants, legal and illegal, is carefully monitored and could put undue strain on our welfare system. ( which is why some are saying to take them into your home, since their tax dollars are being used on them, whereas Legal immigrants are vetted financially before entering).

Old 05-17-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I don't think anyone is saying they are 'more important' as a human being. Life is life.

I think you Do know what they mean though, you just don't subscribe to National Sovereignty, Security, Borders in general. Or that regulation of immigrants, legal and illegal, is carefully monitored and could put undue strain on our welfare system. ( which is why some are saying to take them into your home, since their tax dollars are being used on them, whereas Legal immigrants are vetted financially before entering).
I am pretty sure tax dollars are used at least as frequetly on legal immigrants and citizens as they are illegals.

Old 05-17-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Does gun control stop mass shootings?

Do laws that make drugs illegal stop people from wanting them?

But you believe a wall is going to deter people who have decided they want to come here?
No law is completely foolproof to stop criminals so we shouldn't have laws at all then? Huh? The good walls on the border have been 90% effective in deterring illegal entry in those areas but that's not good enough unless they are 100%?

It doesn't matter one iota what one wants and decides to break the law to get what they want. No one has the right to come here illegally. If they do so they should first be discouraged from doing so with laws, the wall, etc. and lastly held accountable if they come here anyway.

I can't believe I had to explain that to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies