Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 03:34 PM

4,032 posts, read 4,468,001 times

Advertisements

Elon Musk’s offer of Freedom through benevolent Oligarchy:

https://robertstark.substack.com/p/e...om-through?s=r

"Speech discourse has been so privatized and monopolized by Big Tech, that it is no longer protected by the 1st Amendment. Democratic institutions have failed to protect the right to free speech, as politicians are either too corrupt or inept. Politics has become a consumer choice and freedom is sold as a product rather than a right granted by the state. Musk is symbolic as a benevolent oligarch, a based billionaire fighting the woke billionaires, or the least bad faction of the oligarchy."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2022, 07:12 PM

19,048 posts, read 27,620,833 times
Why do I have that feeling that he is the chosen one by The Elite to rule the world?

Old 05-13-2022, 07:42 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
"Speech discourse has been so privatized and monopolized by Big Tech, that it is no longer protected by the 1st Amendment. Democratic institutions have failed to protect the right to free speech, as politicians are either too corrupt or inept..."
Fewer people than ever seem to even want freedom of speech. It amazes me how many posters here will happily jump into any thread about censorship by Big Tech and announce that it's perfectly OK because it isn't the government doing it.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Why do I have that feeling that he is the chosen one by The Elite to rule the world?
Because you like conspiracy theories?

Musk most likely isnt going to own Twitter, you can see that from the twitter price being $5 under his offer. Yeah some folks believe. but the people with money know better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Fewer people than ever seem to even want freedom of speech. It amazes me how many posters here will happily jump into any thread about censorship by Big Tech and announce that it's perfectly OK because it isn't the government doing it.
Thats because too many people call out the first amendment as protecting their speech due to now understanding it. And try to use "freedom of speech" to be able to offend and trigger people. Turns out people just arent into that.

Old 05-13-2022, 08:37 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
That's Cuthullu. Try to keep up Nazi. (Because throwing around Nazi is hip). Yo, Nazi...thanks for the egg mcmuffin!

Old 05-13-2022, 08:41 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Well that's because if it's government controlled big tech...it's not really censorship. *wink* *wink*

I mean seriously for the gov to control tech they'd need to threaten them by like dragging them before congress and suggesting lots of legislation targeting them which...oh wait, that happened.

Nothing like leaning on private companies to squash free speech eh?

The irony that these people call other fascist and that the is now a ministry of truth is Bizarre.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:40 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
He's not buying Twitter, it was just a ruse to sell Tesla stock, which has been dropping but apparently he sees a big drop coming. I wonder what he knows.

Old 05-14-2022, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
He's not buying Twitter, it was just a ruse to sell Tesla stock, which has been dropping but apparently he sees a big drop coming. I wonder what he knows.

The deal has been temporarily put on hold. Expect massive obstructionism.

Old 05-17-2022, 10:53 AM

Elon Musk's Twitter Detractors Were Subsidized With Millions In Taxpayer Dollars:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/el...xpayer-dollars

Old 05-17-2022, 01:57 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,164,931 times
Quote:
Nah...that's the other billionaire who Elon fights with on Twitter all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies