Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 05:37 PM

5 posts, read 1,824 times

Advertisements

Why was there no investigation when babies died from contaminated baby formula? Why did they shut down a factory to avoid PR repercussions? A move that led to the shortage today? Why did they make it illegal to import baby formula from Europe that has more stricter health codes than the US?
Why did the GOP cry about formula being set to 'Illegal Babies', then vote no on the bill to ease the baby formula shortage to help American babies?

Last edited by Poracard; 05-22-2022 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2022, 05:42 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,253 times
Weird random “crisis”. Baby formula.
Still scratching my head on this one.
Might as well be a shortage on socks or rubber bands. It’s that weird.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:47 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
I don't even want to look at the baby formula thread I started in the parenting forum because I can only imagine the criticism I got from parents telling them to make their own, that baby formula is just whey protein, high oleic vegetable oil, and sugar/corn syrup, with a few vitamins added.

Anyone can make their own, even if you have problems with lactose or casein you can use whey protein isolate, which has virtually no lactose or casein, goat's milk, and other items. They use milk protein powder and other cow's milk derivatives to make most, but not all, baby formulas.

I'd love to pop the baby formula racket by educating people.. you don't need some specialized formula made by big corporations that has a massive profit margin to feed your child. People are truly brainwashed on this topic. When you have babies in the hospital from malnutrition due to a formula shortage, people need educating.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:49 PM

1,213 posts, read 568,253 times
How did the human race last so long without manufactured baby formula?
It’s amazing we lasted this long right?

Old 05-22-2022, 05:55 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,094 times
Because it isn't very profitable and an oligopoly developed.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:57 PM

5 posts, read 1,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
How did the human race last so long without manufactured baby formula?
It’s amazing we lasted this long right?
Pretty much, but in today's society, working mothers hardly have time, and there's mothers who cannot produce. So formula is the quick way to feed their babies. They might have to rely on a relative to help them take care of their baby while the mother has to work two jobs. So right there, formula is needed because obviously the person sitting cannot give breast milk.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:08 PM

1,700 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poracard View Post
Why was there no investigation when babies died from contaminated baby formula? Why did they shut down a factory to avoid PR repercussions? A move that led to the shortage today? Why did they make it illegal to import baby formula from Europe that has more stricter health codes than the US?
Why did the GOP cry about formula being set to 'Illegal Babies', then vote no on the bill to ease the baby formula shortage to help American babies?
There is blame to go around in the shortage. Biden for hoarding formula for illegal immigrants he keeps letting in, Trump for making it so only US companies could supply the US market (I get his intention to support US manufacturing but it was the wrong place) and the makers of baby formula for not running their factories like they should. It’s okay to buy it from European allies, just avoid getting it from Chinese manufacturers.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:12 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Its all about pay to play. Some politican put the squeeze on Abbott, Abbott wouldn't play, or pay for "protection", so the powerful politician had the FDA shut them down.

to this day Abbott refutes ANY and ALL claims of tainted product, and the gov't has not proven the existance of any tainted product coming out of the Abbott facility.

Gov't regulates industry so only a few can survive, then they forec those few to pay to play. Its too hard to put the squeeze on thousands of formula producers, but they can easily control 5 of them.

so, the Fortune 500 and big gov't are colluding to keep others out, & they are splitting up the proceeds of inflated prices.

This is why Dems HATE small businesss...they can't force them to pay graft monies....there are too many of them.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:41 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,953,608 times
Because people are mostly stupid and sheep who follow trends. As was said mankind got along long before baby formula and its easy to make. It's kind of like the people who love their bottled gourmet water and sports drinks. Plain free tap water is just as good for you(most people dont need the additive in sports drinks)and yet people will spend their money on such things when they have zero in the bank for real emergencies. Years of marketing have convinced us all that such things as necessary.

Old 05-22-2022, 06:44 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I don't even want to look at the baby formula thread I started in the parenting forum because I can only imagine the criticism I got from parents telling them to make their own, that baby formula is just whey protein, high oleic vegetable oil, and sugar/corn syrup, with a few vitamins added.

Anyone can make their own, even if you have problems with lactose or casein you can use whey protein isolate, which has virtually no lactose or casein, goat's milk, and other items. They use milk protein powder and other cow's milk derivatives to make most, but not all, baby formulas.

I'd love to pop the baby formula racket by educating people.. you don't need some specialized formula made by big corporations that has a massive profit margin to feed your child. People are truly brainwashed on this topic. When you have babies in the hospital from malnutrition due to a formula shortage, people need educating.
you should have started a baby formula company 6 months or so ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies