Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 01:01 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBruno23 View Post
I voted for Trump in 2016. I regret doing so. I voted for Biden in 2020. I regret doing so.

While Biden has been a disappointment, I can't quite grasp why he's the scapegoat for everything wrong with the economy today. Trump effectively lost my support in 2019 when it became evident how much liquidity was being pumped into the market and how unsustainable it was. He (or the Fed, your choice) was effectively propping up the market artificially, then bragging about how strong his economy was. It was a house of cards. His level of spending was asinine. And this was before covid was even on the radar. The economy should have been allowed to take it's natural course 5 years ago.

So why all the hate for Biden in this particular area? Heck, most of his grandiose legislation hasn't even passed. As someone who was a strong supporter of Trump, I'd like to think I have an objective view, but would love the insights of others. Or perhaps all this writing on the wall goes back far beyond just the past two administrations?
Normally during a president's first year in office the state of the economy cannot be blamed on him, nor credited to him.

However:

As soon as Trump got into office he started implementing Executive Orders (E.O.) specifically designed to bolster the economy, lessen the economic burdens of federal regulations, reduce illegal immigration and lessen the burden they inflict upon the nation, etc... In other words, Trump started policies to improve the economy as soon as he took office. So Trump did have a positive effect on our economy during his first year in office.

Meanwhile, as soon as Biden got into office, he started signing E.O.s that destroyed jobs, reduce production of fossil fuels, increased the burden of illegal immigration, etc... Biden signed EOs specifically to harm the US economy; and the proof of his ruin on the economy is everywhere to be seen.

Biden immediately set out to destroy our economy, Trump did the exact opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 01:03 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBruno23 View Post
I voted for Trump in 2016. I regret doing so. I voted for Biden in 2020. I regret doing so.

While Biden has been a disappointment, I can't quite grasp why he's the scapegoat for everything wrong with the economy today. Trump effectively lost my support in 2019 when it became evident how much liquidity was being pumped into the market and how unsustainable it was. He (or the Fed, your choice) was effectively propping up the market artificially, then bragging about how strong his economy was. It was a house of cards. His level of spending was asinine. And this was before covid was even on the radar. The economy should have been allowed to take it's natural course 5 years ago.

So why all the hate for Biden in this particular area? Heck, most of his grandiose legislation hasn't even passed. As someone who was a strong supporter of Trump, I'd like to think I have an objective view, but would love the insights of others. Or perhaps all this writing on the wall goes back far beyond just the past two administrations?
So perhaps you enjoy economic misery, product shortages, restrictions of free speech, and the feds telling you how to live.

Sounds like you are wrong a lot and should re-evaluate your set of values and decisions.

People hate Biden and the democrats as they are robbing them of their life savings and forcing them to work more years or never retire. They know that the democrats are making terrible decisions, but due to our political system, cannot vote to remove them until November.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:04 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Trump did everything he could to destroy the country. His reckless spending and covid lockdowns sent the ship so far off course it will take some time to get us back.
actually trumpo did everything he could to save this country, its the fascist liberals who are destroying this country

Old 05-20-2022, 01:05 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Normally during a president's first year in office the state of the economy cannot be blamed on him, nor credited to him.

However:

As soon as Trump got into office he started implementing Executive Orders (E.O.) specifically designed to bolster the economy, lessen the economic burdens of federal regulations, reduce illegal immigration and lessen the burden they inflict upon the nationetc... In other words, Trump started policies to improve the economy as soon as he took office. So Trump did have a positive effect on our economy during his first year in office.

Meanwhile, as soon as Biden got into office, he started signing E.O.s that destroyed jobs, reduce production of fossil fuels, increased the burden of illegal immigration, etc... Biden signed EOs specifically to harm the US economy; and the proof of his ruin on the economy is everywhere to be seen.

Biden immediately set out to destroy our economy, Trump did the exact opposite.

Great comment!

Old 05-20-2022, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Your comparison is flawed. Trump faced a pandemic with no vaccines and and an economy shut down by democrats. Biden started with two working vaccines, a pandemic in its end game, and the economy emerging from being shut down. Biden has squandered all those advantages and is watching the American people suffer.
Exactly. Biden walked into office and was handed three working vaccines, multiple proven treatments for COVID, and state lockdowns were being rolled back. And yet... Biden managed to actually make things worse.

The worst damage done to our nation was all of the idiotic lockdowns being promoted and enacted by state governors. Trump had absolutely no power to either start or stop the state lockdowns. In fact, after the three week or so lockdowns to "slow the curve" it was President Trump who was pleading with states to lift their lockdowns, but most all refused to do so, and THEY destroyed our economy.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:07 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRider View Post
I also think the Biden Administration was too focused on their massive spending bill and trying to make sure Trump was convicted of at least something so he would be unable to run for office again. Those two things seemed to be all they ever talked about.

In my opinion they were likely too distracted to pay attention to some of the warning signs of inflation looming but getting closer, and the risk of juicing the economy too much for too long.

The Fed shares in that blame for sure, but I think we had a White House Administration that was obsessing over their own priorities other than working class Americans.

The explanation is much simpler than that, left wing economic policies do not work.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So perhaps you enjoy economic misery, product shortages, restrictions of free speech, and the feds telling you how to live.

Sounds like you are wrong a lot and should re-evaluate your set of values and decisions.

People hate Biden and the democrats as they are robbing them of their life savings and forcing them to work more years or never retire. They know that the democrats are making terrible decisions, but due to our political system, cannot vote to remove them until November.
I also know people that are delaying their retirement for a few years, because their 401k is being destroyed. They are hoping that the market will turn around after 2024, and they can retire once their 401k rebuilds.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:14 PM

4,564 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The explanation is much simpler than that, left wing economic policies do not work.
By what metric?

Lots of other countries have more left wing policies than us, more worker friendly, left wing health care policies, higher taxes and more robust social safety nets.

Most have the same or longer life expectancies with fewer hours worked.

So please give the metric that allows you to make that assessment.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:15 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
It's actually not any one persons fault if you think about it. Most people on here won't agree - I am sure.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:18 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
It's actually not any one persons fault if you think about it. Most people on here won't agree - I am sure.

You would say the complete opposite if your orange nemesis was in the white house though, wouldn't you???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies