Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 01:18 PM

124 posts, read 103,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
As soon as Trump got into office he started implementing Executive Orders (E.O.) specifically designed to bolster the economy, lessen the economic burdens of federal regulations, reduce illegal immigration and lessen the burden they inflict upon the nationetc... In other words, Trump started policies to improve the economy as soon as he took office. So Trump did have a positive effect on our economy during his first year in office.
This is exactly why I voted for Trump in the first place. His initial policies were a breath of fresh air, and I wouldn't dispute their positive impact on the economy. We were riding high, and he was seemingly coasting to a second term. I wish those policies could've naturally played out on their own merits. But they were followed by rampant spending with the Fed fueling the fire. By the time covid rolled around and aggressive stimulus was warranted, most of the arrows had already been shot and the quiver was empty. Then Biden happened and here we are, fighting over baby formula.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 01:20 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You would say the complete opposite if your orange nemesis was in the white house though, wouldn't you???
Show me on the doll where I hurt you?

If I wanted to blame your orange God I would have simply replied that we are still under a "Trump" economy. But I didn't. How's that egg feel?

Old 05-20-2022, 01:23 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
The Fed stepped in. Makes a difference. The markets would have responded even if Trump were in office.

I still think we should have taken our lumps in 2008 instead of bailing out everybody and his brother.

Last edited by trobesmom; 05-20-2022 at 01:36 PM..

Old 05-20-2022, 01:28 PM

124 posts, read 103,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sounds like you are wrong a lot and should re-evaluate your set of values and decisions.
Seems unnecessarily harsh. My values include admitting when I'm wrong and considering the opinions of others to make better informed decisions in the future. Life is a journey!

Old 05-20-2022, 01:28 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Normally during a president's first year in office the state of the economy cannot be blamed on him, nor credited to him.

However:

As soon as Trump got into office he started implementing Executive Orders (E.O.) specifically designed to bolster the economy, lessen the economic burdens of federal regulations, reduce illegal immigration and lessen the burden they inflict upon the nation, etc... In other words, Trump started policies to improve the economy as soon as he took office. So Trump did have a positive effect on our economy during his first year in office.

Meanwhile, as soon as Biden got into office, he started signing E.O.s that destroyed jobs, reduce production of fossil fuels, increased the burden of illegal immigration, etc... Biden signed EOs specifically to harm the US economy; and the proof of his ruin on the economy is everywhere to be seen.

Biden immediately set out to destroy our economy, Trump did the exact opposite.

About time someone said it. The only comment on here that makes sense. The rest of just laughable.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:32 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Show me on the doll where I hurt you?

If I wanted to blame your orange God I would have simply replied that we are still under a "Trump" economy. But I didn't. How's that egg feel?

Except you've done it on many other posts. And the "orange God" part is just further proof of that. You're also one of the biggest flip floppers on here, so there's that.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:45 PM

1,693 posts, read 612,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
We are still dealing with ****ty Reagan policies of huge tax cuts for the wealthy and deregulation and pushing free trade.

No president since then has done anything significant to deviate from this.

No raising taxes on the wealthy.

No undoing lousy trade policies.

Regulatory agencies have been gutted and captured by private industry. For the latest example in this see Abbott and the FDA.

This is all just Reaganism with the edges tweaked depending on the president and congress.
Nonsense. Reagan’s policies pulled the country out of Carter’s recession and high inflation. Most of the wealthy already pay their fair share, in fact more than their fair share. Over half the country pays NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX, so stop with the fair share nonsense.

Clinton started the slide with a bad for Americans NAFTA. Greedy companies continued with by selling their corporate souls to China and cheap labor. The left wing of the democrat party has vowed to the extreme environmentalists. Trump listens to Fauci and shut the country down. Brandon and democrats continued that far too long and put far too much stimulus in the economy. Brandon has been one of the most anti energy presidents the country has seen. I blame the republicans some for this too. Their are laws they could change now around the distribution industry that would help ease inflation. The ultra wealthy in that industry have too many pockets lined at the federal level to see any change.

If figure the breakdown of blame is as follows give or take: 60% democrats, 25% republicans, 15% big businesses and special interests

Old 05-20-2022, 02:07 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Nonsense. Reagan’s policies pulled the country out of Carter’s recession and high inflation. Most of the wealthy already pay their fair share, in fact more than their fair share. Over half the country pays NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX, so stop with the fair share nonsense.

Clinton started the slide with a bad for Americans NAFTA. Greedy companies continued with by selling their corporate souls to China and cheap labor. The left wing of the democrat party has vowed to the extreme environmentalists. Trump listens to Fauci and shut the country down. Brandon and democrats continued that far too long and put far too much stimulus in the economy. Brandon has been one of the most anti energy presidents the country has seen. I blame the republicans some for this too. Their are laws they could change now around the distribution industry that would help ease inflation. The ultra wealthy in that industry have too many pockets lined at the federal level to see any change.

If figure the breakdown of blame is as follows give or take: 60% democrats, 25% republicans, 15% big businesses and special interests
The wealthy are hugely disproportionate beneficiaries of American policies.

Since most Americans are living paycheck to paycheck thanks to the wealthy. They are paying through non monetary means.

Clinton wanted to be Reagan lite. He wanted to be pro business pro trade just like Reagan and Bush. Our current messes our rooted in their policies.

I find it endlessly amusing that given the last 40 years conservatives have had more unfettered control of government, more state governments, more years of the presidency you somehow can do the mental gymnastics to blame it mostly on the Dems.

Old 05-20-2022, 02:19 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,348,063 times
It's President Biden's. He doesn't control everything, just as Trump didn't, but he's the President. He signed up to be responsible and after about the first year, the tenor and leadership have impacts across the spectrum.

However, regardless of party, every President of modern times seems to follow one of these 3 mantras:

a) Economy is roaring. "This is no time to focus on the deficit, it might hurt the economy!"

b) Economy is middling. "This is no time to focus on the deficit, things could be better!"

b) Economy is struggling. "This is no time to focus on the deficit, [people who need help (D)/corporations that provide paychecks (R)] are hurting!"

Old 05-20-2022, 02:47 PM

1,108 posts, read 528,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
The wealthy are hugely disproportionate beneficiaries of American policies.

Since most Americans are living paycheck to paycheck thanks to the wealthy. They are paying through non monetary means.

Clinton wanted to be Reagan lite. He wanted to be pro business pro trade just like Reagan and Bush. Our current messes our rooted in their policies.

I find it endlessly amusing that given the last 40 years conservatives have had more unfettered control of government, more state governments, more years of the presidency you somehow can do the mental gymnastics to blame it mostly on the Dems.
Show me a poor guy that hired anybody! Show me anybody who started the business and hired people that love paying taxes and fees to any state or the Feds!

The only ***** you have is you did not have the nades to start your own company, grow it and make some money. You properly worked all your life to someone that did and did you tell him/her she was cheating you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies