Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 12:52 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I will ask again....What did Mr MaGoo do to increase the current price of gasoline?

I am not talking about optics or what might or might not happen five years from now.

Is it just a supply and demand issue?

Gas was around $2 a gallon 20 years ago. Just about everything has doubled in price since then so why is it big surprise to see gas the prices now?
Twenty years ago gas was 99 cents a gallon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 12:58 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

As soon as Biden was sworn into office he started signing executive orders to harm oil production. This caused future concerns for oil production and started the immediate rise in oil prices and gas.

On Biden's second day in office he signed Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis. The biggest impact from that Executive Order was the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline, which destroyed 120,000 jobs, forced companies into either bankruptcy or severely harmed their ability to do business.

But there is no mention of fracking in this executive order.

The next week the Biden administration issued Secretarial Order No. 3395, which implemented a 60-day suspension of new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits for federal land and water.

Followed shortly be an Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad. This implemented an indefinite “pause on new oil and natural gas leases on public lands.” And this was in the first month in office.

Biden also wants to eliminate the tax laws for percentage depletion deduction, which will severely harm small independent oil producers. The big oil companies like Exxon cannot even take advantage of those tax laws.
Add to that the EO's changing the CAFE standards forcing the automakers to go EV.

The new CAFE standards apply to model years 2024 and 2026, requiring an industry-wide fuel economy average of approximately 49 miles per gallon (mpg) for passenger cars and light trucks for model year 2026. The new standards will increase fuel efficiency 8 percent annually for model years 2024 to 2025 and 10 percent for model year 2026.

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/bi...hicle-8498244/

Biden also announced the signing of an executive order for 50% of all new vehicles by 2030 to be either battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, or fuel cell.

https://www.asyousow.org/press-relea...le-goals-biden

You don't think the oil companies see the writing on the wall ? Why would they dump millions or more into development for an industry that will be seeing so much change coming in the future ? They've got shareholders (I'm one of them) to keep happy.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:16 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Lol....yeah, and the markets were going to tank (Mark Cuban), and he was going to start world war three. And none of that happened. Yet here we are with this **** show of an administration. SHM...

I agree Biden is a disaster. He should be impeached or something pronto. I am merely insinuating that if Trump had gotten re-elected we'd probably never have gotten him out with the Repubs in full control of the house and senate in 2028. They'd have voted to make him "President for Life" like Putin, his hero.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:23 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I agree Biden is a disaster. He should be impeached or something pronto. I am merely insinuating that if Trump had gotten re-elected we'd probably never have gotten him out with the Repubs in full control of the house and senate in 2028. They'd have voted to make him "President for Life" like Putin, his hero.
The American system is designed so that removing a bad president from office is basically impossible. People don’t seem to understand this basic fault…

Trump is a unique case. I can’t remember any president (democrat or republican) who hijacked a party for his personal benefit and people supporting him even after he left office. That is unprecedented and if someone told me that in the past, I wouldn’t believe it is possible is US.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:28 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Haven’t you heard? We now have court testimony that Hilary authorized that lie.

It’s bunk. Fake news. Hogwash. Garbage. Untrue.

I know, there are so many lies put out by the Democrats that it’s hard to keep up.

Old 05-24-2022, 01:30 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Haven’t you heard? We now have court testimony that Hilary authorized that lie.

It’s bunk. Fake news. Hogwash. Garbage. Untrue.

I know, there are so many lies put out by the Democrats that it’s hard to keep up.
They, at least this administration, doesn't even try to hide them anymore.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:49 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Twenty years ago gas was 99 cents a gallon.
Where?

Old 05-24-2022, 11:23 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
The American system is designed so that removing a bad president from office is basically impossible. People don’t seem to understand this basic fault…

Trump is a unique case. I can’t remember any president (democrat or republican) who hijacked a party for his personal benefit and people supporting him even after he left office. That is unprecedented and if someone told me that in the past, I wouldn’t believe it is possible is US.

You've got some pretty keen insight. Trump is a phenomenon. Never were more Americans--roughly half the nation so eager and willing to reward bad behavior--and not just bad behavior but outright callous, criminal, in-it-for-no-one-but-himself behavior. Completely baffling.

Old 05-25-2022, 04:44 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...but anyone with half a brain has figured that out already

Biden > "When it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that God willing when it’s over we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels."

"Wait til these idiots find out we don’t have clean energy replacements for our energy needs! Then things are really going to get real."

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/stat...fuels-video%2F

------------------

Gas Prices Reach 12th Straight All-Time Record High at $4.596/ Gallon on Monday — First Time in History of 12 Straight Days of Record Gas Prices

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rd-gas-prices/
Then why did he do this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...release-biden/

Kinda weird to release oil from the strategic reserve to lower prices if he believes we have to go through a “painful transition”.

Or could it be a bunch of Wall Street speculators taking advantage of a conflict to raise prices.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:00 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I will ask again....What did Mr MaGoo do to increase the current price of gasoline?

I am not talking about optics or what might or might not happen five years from now.

Is it just a supply and demand issue?

Gas was around $2 a gallon 20 years ago. Just about everything has doubled in price since then so why is it big surprise to see gas the prices now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

As soon as Biden was sworn into office he started signing executive orders to harm oil production. This caused future concerns for oil production and started the immediate rise in oil prices and gas.

On Biden's second day in office he signed Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis. The biggest impact from that Executive Order was the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline, which destroyed 120,000 jobs, forced companies into either bankruptcy or severely harmed their ability to do business.

But there is no mention of fracking in this executive order.

The next week the Biden administration issued Secretarial Order No. 3395, which implemented a 60-day suspension of new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits for federal land and water.

Followed shortly be an Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad. This implemented an indefinite “pause on new oil and natural gas leases on public lands.” And this was in the first month in office.

Biden also wants to eliminate the tax laws for percentage depletion deduction, which will severely harm small independent oil producers. The big oil companies like Exxon cannot even take advantage of those tax laws.
Not one of those items has anything to do with current prices you could argue that they will effect prices years from now.

Again what has Biden done to increase current gas prices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies